BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kamy/Glen Mullan & ITK's

It is interesting - in my times at Rovers I can only think of a few really successful managers :-

Howard Kendall

Kenny Dalglish

Graeme Souness

Mark Hughes

That is in over 30 years of watching Rovers - a couple in the post Kendall era did ok on very limited budgets - and you can possibly add Tony Parkes to the list for saving us from relegation in a couple of occasions - but it does show how difficult a job it is.

Before that Jim Smith produced a side that for the money played some of the best attacking football I've ever seen and before that again you might argue that pound for pound Gordon Lee and Ken Furphy were two of the best managers the Club ever had.

Furphy in particular when we hit the foot of the old 3rd Division c1971 had to wheel and deal and replace practically an entire team for nothing and turned the Club round extremely successfully.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However I'm sure the decision will be based on the time honoured business tradition from that neck of the woods 'eez betta... eez cheepa'.

It isn't though is it.

Hard to see how paying compensation for McKinlay would be much cheaper than appointing a better out of work manager.

Doesn't make much sense on any level. The Fulham connection is starting to look quite coincidental to me. We bring in Murphy and he presumably puts in a good word for Etuhu because he likes playing alongside him.

Wonder if Murphy has also put a good word in for McKinlay?

singh must be told that appoint mckinley and the fanbase wont return, he must be told that alot of fans are considering cancelling their season tickets or not paying on match days, he must be told this appointment would not be acceptable and that it will be HIM who is next through the door, i despise that man more than kean, he doesnt give a toss about the supporters, just about himself. If you are reading this singh, do the right thing or get the hell out of our club you parasite

Before that Jim Smith produced a side that for the money played some of the best attacking football I've ever seen and before that again you might argue that pound for pound Gordon Lee and Ken Furphy were two of the best managers the Club ever had.

Furphy in particular when we hit the foot of the old 3rd Division c1971 had to wheel and deal and replace practically an entire team for nothing and turned the Club round extremely successfully.

Agree with all those Rev, I also liked Donald Scrimgeour McKay. Had a few good seasons and is over shadowed by the huge changes that followed him.

What a Khunt Shebby is.

I'm as Keaned off now as I have ever been.

These freakin idiots are hell bent on defying logic.

Venkys are a backward bunch of inbred's.

Shebby is as big a danger as Kean & JA.

I can see some bald headed Tw@t grinning & lip licking tonight!!

Freakin Fulham coach - again. WTF!!

Our club is fooked with this bunch. FOOKED!!!!!

Please will one of you or all of you contact Shebby immediately to stop this McKinley nonsense, does Shebby not realize the damage this appointment will do, not only to the club but the fan base, please someone act now before it's to late.

You hammered me and several other posters for claiming Singh was useless, maybe a rethink on your part Pete?

Shebby has been told and told and better told that the supporters wont accept another experiment. He claims that he took advise to listen to footballing people and that is what he is doing, Shearer, Holloway, Hill and countless others ALL want the job. However he wants as stated weeks ago to groom the next best thing

We told him Friday in quite a heated exchange if he screws this up then there is no way back for ither he or the owners. He stated that 10 supporters would all name a different manager and this is the measure of the task in hand. We countered and said its not about individual choices of supporters, but he needs to appoint an experienced Manager who the supporter base would generally accept. We was strong in putting this point across and have spent most of the weekend and today reiteratiing the mood amongst the supporters.

This "Shebby is our friend Lark" Is so far from the truth, we have open dialogue with the club and dont hold back in putting across concerns. I always said from day 1 , if the supporters wanted rid of Kean then Shebby was the guy to put your weight behind. Had he not come then Kean would still be here. However thats were our support of him ends, we have always stated that to him that he has the chance to repair these bridges, but our loyalties remain firmly with the supporters and the clubs long term future.

We have today issued a press release in the last hour , spelling out concerns which are flooding our inbox from our membership base. We aint gone soft and we aint gonna roll over and have our bellies tickled. I like so many of you , am tearing my hair out especially as I know so many (spoken to them personally) who want this job.

Its time now for Shebby and the owners to deliver for the supporters or face the dire consequences this may have on the future of the club and the supporters ability to continue to go to ewood

Good to hear Glen...we wont be keaned around again!

Strange how people are so anti-McKinlay when he has much more experience than Sherwood who has something of a following.

I wouldn't choose either personally.

Bored of this feckin about now and after some initial post Kean positivity, I'm just waiting fot them to make a massive mistake again.

This just proves to me what I've suspected for a while ... that Shebby isn't here to work for the good of the club, he's in it for himself.

If true, will fit in well, he needs to get himself a company to provide a paid for service to the club and then say he's a lifelong Rovers supporter bingo , Directors role.

Gutted as like Glen I know some truly decent managers have been spoken to who want the job and we are leaving them hanging on...

For Billy McKinley.

All the ITK crowd who I know are trying their best to try and stop Shebby unleashing WW3.

Gutted as like Glen I know some truly decent managers have been spoken to who want the job and we are leaving them hanging on...

For Billy McKinley.

All the ITK crowd who I know are trying their best to try and stop Shebby unleashing WW3.

It's a freakshow. £8million for Rhodes but they want to pay peanuts for an unproven manager. It is clear to me that they don't like managers with experience or any strength of mind. I can see it now, if it is McKinlay he will be booed before he has even managed a game. It won't be down to him, it'll be the idiotic decision to choose him.

If Black would have mustered up a win or two, I've no doubt that he'd now be the full-time Rovers boss.

However he wants as stated weeks ago to groom the next best thing

IMO this is a big reason for the delay. They're looking for a new, long term manager who will get them promoted and then do better, and better, and better for years to come.

Somebody needs to tell them that managers aren't the same as dogs. They're not for life.

Find somebody to get us promoted, and then next season we can worry about whether his skills are long term or not.

Push the boat out and give us the current big thing to get Rovers promoted.

It's a freakshow. £8million for Rhodes but they want to pay peanuts for an unproven manager. It is clear to me that they don't like managers with experience or any strength of mind. I can see it now, if it is McKinlay he will be booed before he has even managed a game. It won't be down to him, it'll be the idiotic decision to choose him.

If Black would have mustered up a win or two, I've no doubt that he'd now be the full-time Rovers boss.

Not about money, about personalities. One candidate more than qualified, happy to come, inexpensive, but said he wants to do it his way. Is that a bad thing? I'm sure Kenny said that to Jack before he signed a contract.

IMO this is a big reason for the delay. They're looking for a new, long term manager who will get them promoted and then do better, and better, and better for years to come.

Somebody needs to tell them that managers aren't the same as dogs. They're not for life.

Find somebody to get us promoted, and then next season we can worry about whether his skills are long term or not.

Push the boat out and give us the current big thing to get Rovers promoted.

They need to realise that long term managers need to earn a long-term position - via results. Poor managers need to be shipped out of the door much quicker than the last failure was.

Not about money, about personalities. One candidate more than qualified, happy to come, inexpensive, but said he wants to do it his way. Is that a bad thing? I'm sure Kenny said that to Jack before he signed a contract.

That's it. Good owners are quiet and just put money into the squad and should only become relevant when executive decisions need to be made. They should have no influence on the team selection and should only pipe up when shelling out on a top class player...just my thoughts!

Preaching to the choir.

So, why exactly do they lack the ability to make simple, common sense decisions?

If they want to groom a manager over the long term they bought the wrong club. With the restricted fan base and inflated facilities, Rovers NEED promotion. Any manager i can think of who has grown into the job has been at a club where expectations were low and necessity was lower. Rovers fans expect promotion and the bank require it. It seems like total madness to be looking at anyone other than an experienced old timer. If we had an extremely wealthy benefactor who was willing to foot the bill whilst the club was sculptured into his vision then great. Unfortunately we have got Venky's.

Venkys & Shebby also need to realise that we don't blindly adore all who have worn a Rovers shirt - we love the good ones and the triers and would "laud and praise" them if they returned to Ewood for, say, a charity match. But the management position when promotion is so very important is an entirely different matter. We want ability. As far as Billy Mckinlay's concerned, we've seen nothing to "laud and praise" in terms of management ability. Morevoer we remember a firebrand who many didn't see at the time as potential management material.

You hammered me and several other posters for claiming Singh was useless, maybe a rethink on your part Pete?

Well looks like it's time to hold my hands up and say yes i am wrong about Mr Singh, What a dam mess he's making of this, enough said.

Will they never learn?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/15159931

"According to the LMA, Championship managers who were sacked in 2010-11 had an average tenure of less than a year.

Very lucrative but short term (till end of season) contracts are the way forward.

Archived