BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kamy/Glen Mullan & ITK's

Well looks like it's time to hold my hands up and say yes i am wrong about Mr Singh, What a dam mess he's making of this, enough said.

Happens to us all Pete, I backed Kean, enough said.....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not about money, about personalities. One candidate more than qualified, happy to come, inexpensive, but said he wants to do it his way. Is that a bad thing? I'm sure Kenny said that to Jack before he signed a contract.

If money isn't a factor then why isn't Sherwood here already?

It is interesting - in my times at Rovers I can only think of a few really successful managers :-

Howard Kendall

Kenny Dalglish

Graeme Souness

Mark Hughes

That is in over 30 years of watching Rovers - a couple in the post Kendall era did ok on very limited budgets - and you can possibly add Tony Parkes to the list for saving us from relegation in a couple of occasions - but it does show how difficult a job it is.

A tad harsh on Don Mackay there. He worked with buttons for years and overachieved by getting us into the play-offs and that's not even including a full members cup win

I think this is the point BRAG have moved from populist revolutionaries to self appointed Politburo. Insurrections are often laudable,but in any revolution, the leaders of the uprising are often not the right people to move into a negotiated settlement. Supporters groups should not be 'issuing a statement' on something they really know nothing about. Mark Hughes had no league management experience at all, and nor did Tony Parkes. Howard Kendall was a bit of a punt, albeit in a league lower, but he wasn't bad. The point is, you have to trust football people to do a football job. And BRAG are not football people. They are people who like football - and there is a world of difference. A Facebook group issuing statements on my company telling the world what they think of the next MD is ridiculous. As is this BRAG move.

Glen Mullan, take your place in football fan history. You helped removed the odious problem we had. But you can never be a part of the solution.

A tad harsh on Don Mackay there. He worked with buttons for years and overachieved by getting us into the play-offs and that's not even including a full members cup win

Sort of covered Don with reference to the post-Kendall era - however must admit I had forgotten about the full members cup final. At the time I thought it would be the only trophy I would ever see Rovers win - what a day out that was :-)

Sort of covd Don with reference to the post-Kendall era - however must admit I had forgotten about the full members cup final. At the time I thought it would be the only trophy I would ever see Rovers win - what a day out that was :-)

Magnificent day. Who would have thought that the goal scoring winner would end up being a traitorous, gambling, wife-beating bankrupt idiot who...er.. ends up being our coach. Good goal though. Outnumbered Charlton in London 2 v 1

Magnificent day. Who would have thought that the goal scoring winner would end up being a traitorous, gambling*, wife-beating* bankrupt idiot who...er.. ends up being our coach. Good goal though. Outnumbered Charlton in London 2 v 1

*allegedly. Only press reports support this, and the visit to the police cells last night could have been part of a reconnaissance mission ahead of the visit to the Turf dressing rooms.

Magnificent day. Who would have thought that the goal scoring winner would end up being a traitorous, gambling, wife-beating bankrupt idiot who...er.. ends up being our coach. Good goal though. Outnumbered Charlton in London 2 v 1

*allegedly. Only press reports support this, and the visit to the police cells last night could have been part of a reconnaissance mission ahead of the visit to the Turf dressing rooms.

It was a double, he said so

I think this is the point BRAG have moved from populist revolutionaries to self appointed Politburo. Insurrections are often laudable,but in any revolution, the leaders of the uprising are often not the right people to move into a negotiated settlement. Supporters groups should not be 'issuing a statement' on something they really know nothing about. Mark Hughes had no league management experience at all, and nor did Tony Parkes. Howard Kendall was a bit of a punt, albeit in a league lower, but he wasn't bad. The point is, you have to trust football people to do a football job. And BRAG are not football people.

Glen Mullan, take your place in football fan history. You helped removed the odious problem we had. But you can never be a part of the solution.

Are you serious?

Just who are the "football" people who recommended McKinlay? It was "football" people who got us Kean too. I'd wager this message board has far more sense than that group of "football" people (whomever they may be- I suspect a collection of agents, pundits and drinking buddies).

And I also generally think BRAG should stand down. But it cannot be argued what they've done, alerting Shebby to the massive mistake he was about to make, was in the interests of the supporters, club and Shebby/Venkys. If McKinlay or someone of that ilk is appointed, it will be the equivalent of driving the car off the cliff. BRAG was right to speak out.

Hardly the actions of a "Politburo", more the action of a concerned fans group.

Sort of covered Don with reference to the post-Kendall era - however must admit I had forgotten about the full members cup final. At the time I thought it would be the only trophy I would ever see Rovers win - what a day out that was :-)

I remember getting on the coach at Chorley then realising i had forgotten my glasses! Went to Wembly and didn't see a thing!

I think this is the point BRAG have moved from populist revolutionaries to self appointed Politburo. Insurrections are often laudable,but in any revolution, the leaders of the uprising are often not the right people to move into a negotiated settlement. Supporters groups should not be 'issuing a statement' on something they really know nothing about. Mark Hughes had no league management experience at all, and nor did Tony Parkes. Howard Kendall was a bit of a punt, albeit in a league lower, but he wasn't bad. The point is, you have to trust football people to do a football job. And BRAG are not football people. They are people who like football - and there is a world of difference. A Facebook group issuing statements on my company telling the world what they think of the next MD is ridiculous. As is this BRAG move.

Completely agree Ian on your comments about BRAG -" sit down and stop showing off " - yes, spoilt brats is what they come across as

Nobody knows who will be a success, who will fail, who will just do enough to look ok etc. but to issue a statement identifying an identikit of who some of them want is ludicrous in the extreme, they have got totally out of control.

No doubt the decision making at rovers has been very poor but a bunch of self opinionated fans doing it! God I think I know my football, as I'm sure most of people on this mb do, but if I post who I reckon is best suited to us then I'm sure they'll be plenty on here telling me I'm wrong!

That is our role as fans - we can opine without the responsibility - two examples - getting rid of the mighty David Speedie to facilitate the arrival of Alan Shearer - was a terrible decision that most reeling, likewise buying Brad Friedel when we already had two decent keepers was just ridiculous!

having little confidence in the decision makers is fine, state that, but demanding a, b or c or I'm taking my ball home is over stepping the mark.

Archived