BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So what makes a good manager?

A Good Manager is someone who withdraws himself from the personal relationships, BAD COP

A coach is the go between who gets on with the players, reasons with them , and motivates them to give it their all in training so the Manager considers them for selection

If a manager is too friendly with the dressing room or certain players it can cloud his judgement on team selection, it can also upset the dressing room if certain players are overlooked for non footballing reasons.

A good Manager spends a lot of time checking out the opposition, looking at fitness charts to weigh up players match fitness (supplied by the fitness coach) A good Manager speaks to the players Liaison officer to gauge players minds and current morale.

In any walk of life getting too friendly with any employee who you may one day have to sack is a bad recipe. I for one would not go on the lash with employee's under my care as this could effect my ability to do my job further down the line.

The Manager knows that he is the one who will be judged and cannot allow friendships or outside influences influence his ability to pick a winning formula

A Manager should always look to use the resources around him as a guide only, Opinions are good , as is welcoming the objection. However when tough decisions need making a manager must be able to make those decisions and be strong to live by them.

A manager must be willing to adapt to any environment, in footballing terms, he must be able to have a plan B during games if its not tactically working. He should not be affraid to change things, and not fear the backlash of upsetting the players by doing so.

A coach does his best work on the training ground, working on plays which the manager has asked him to implement. A coach should drill discipline into the players and make it clear from the offset, that training hard is the way to get yourself into the managers thoughts. The coach should also compile detailed reports of training performances, and many of the top managers do not attend training every day, but tend to turn up the day before a match and look at what has been reported and witness first hand how his instructions have been implemented by the coaches.

A Manager must be the guy who when he is walks into the changing room, it goes silent. He has the eyes and ears of the players as they know that he is boss and he decides who does and does not play.

A Manager is the guy who at half time says what he means, whilst the coach picks up the players off the floor afterwards and reassures them

A Good Manager is someone who withdraws himself from the personal relationships, BAD COP

A coach is the go between who gets on with the players, reasons with them , and motivates them to give it their all in training so the Manager considers them for selection

If a manager is too friendly with the dressing room or certain players it can cloud his judgement on team selection, it can also upset the dressing room if certain players are overlooked for non footballing reasons.

A good Manager spends a lot of time checking out the opposition, looking at fitness charts to weigh up players match fitness (supplied by the fitness coach) A good Manager speaks to the players Liaison officer to gauge players minds and current morale.

In any walk of life getting too friendly with any employee who you may one day have to sack is a bad recipe. I for one would not go on the lash with employee's under my care as this could effect my ability to do my job further down the line.

The Manager knows that he is the one who will be judged and cannot allow friendships or outside influences influence his ability to pick a winning formula

A Manager should always look to use the resources around him as a guide only, Opinions are good , as is welcoming the objection. However when tough decisions need making a manager must be able to make those decisions and be strong to live by them.

A manager must be willing to adapt to any environment, in footballing terms, he must be able to have a plan B during games if its not tactically working. He should not be affraid to change things, and not fear the backlash of upsetting the players by doing so.

A coach does his best work on the training ground, working on plays which the manager has asked him to implement. A coach should drill discipline into the players and make it clear from the offset, that training hard is the way to get yourself into the managers thoughts. The coach should also compile detailed reports of training performances, and many of the top managers do not attend training every day, but tend to turn up the day before a match and look at what has been reported and witness first hand how his instructions have been implemented by the coaches.

A Manager must be the guy who when he is walks into the changing room, it goes silent. He has the eyes and ears of the players as they know that he is boss and he decides who does and does not play.

A Manager is the guy who at half time says what he means, whilst the coach picks up the players off the floor afterwards and reassures them

Sounds like Arry

Archived