BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood & Billy McKinley - Meltdown or no Meltdown?

Ricky

236 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go into meltdown if we appointed Sherwood

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you go into meltdown if we appointed McKinley

• Yes
    • No

I'm concerned that this 'meltdown' comment was put across to Singh to be honest, as it's not a true representation of the Rovers fans as a whole - as per the few comments above show already.

McKinlay would not be anywhere near my first choice, but there must be something about him for him to even be in contention.

Sherwood (or Shearer), I would actually be in favour of.

Big, big favourites, huge parts of our most successful team in the post-war era and both command immediate respect.

Ok, neither has experience, but you compare Shearer/Sherwood to McKinlay...they are on different planets in terms of job suitability.

Meltdown would only occur if Kean was somehow re-appointed...

Possibly off topic, but i've just had a random text from a mobile number I don't recognise asking me to e-mail my "thoughts" to shebby@rovers.co.uk regarding "Billy McKinley" (sic.)

Anyone else had this?

That isn't his email address.

Using the existing template of Rovers email addresses, I would guess ssingh@rovers.co.uk would be.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm concerned that this 'meltdown' comment was put across to Singh to be honest, as it's not a true representation of the Rovers fans as a whole - as per the few comments above show already.

McKinlay would not be anywhere near my first choice, but there must be something about him for him to even be in contention.

Sherwood (or Shearer), I would actually be in favour of.

Big, big favourites, huge parts of our most successful team in the post-war era and both command immediate respect.

Ok, neither has experience, but you compare Shearer/Sherwood to McKinlay...they are on different planets in terms of job suitability.

Meltdown would only occur if Kean was somehow re-appointed...

That isn't his email address.

Using the existing template of Rovers email addresses, I would guess ssingh@rovers.co.uk would be.

be afraid, very afraid

what a pitifull poll.

whats the definition of a meltdown in this case.?

are we talking riots.?

violence?

protesting.?

burning the club .?

or meltdown as in debating it on a messageboard and blasting the V´s.?

I'm sorry Greco but I don't believe BRAG defined 'meltdown' in their press release did they. They just stated that if McKinley or Sherwood were appointed there would be a meltdown. This doesn not appear to be the case from the poll at present. Although it's not easy to judge as we have around 60 votes and not the 1500 emails BRAG claim to have received yesterday. I blame Steve Keans postman!!

Hopefully this is a tactic by Singh...

- Suggest someone we aren't overly enamoured with - receive lukewarm reaction

- Suggest someone worse - receive terrible reaction

I wont take part in a vote that's aimed at ridiculing BRAG.

I'm not a member and have no contacts with any of the people running the club or BRAGAG, but the real issue is this:

I used to help run BRISA - an independent supporters association. We used to meet the club - JW, TF - on regular occassions. What was made clear to us from the very outset was that the club would never discuss footballing matters with us. They had the same approach to the FF I believe.

There was a very good reason why the club wouldn't go down that route and this is being shown with Shebby Singhs "statement" on the BRAGAG website. Football fans by their very nature want to talk football to the clubs owners. The subject is so emotive that anything discussed in that catageory would inevitably become public information. The problems that would make for the club are immense.

BRAGAG are only doing what any other group of fans who were privy to football discussion would do, they are reporting in good faith what they have been told. The important point here, is that Singh knows that anything he says to them will be made public and in some quarters ridiculed, yet he can't keep his mouth shut.

These kind of things wont stop until Shebby Singh realises that if there's anything to say on the managerial situation, or any other football related topic, he goes check it out with the the likes of Derek Shaw first - and makes his statements on the official site.

I wont take part in a vote that's aimed at ridiculing BRAG.

I'm not a member and have no contacts with any of the people running the club or BRAGAG, but the real issue is this:

I used to help run BRISA - an independent supporters association. We used to meet the club - JW TF on regular occassions. What was made clear to us from the very outset was that the club would never discuss footballing matters with us. They had the same approach to the FF I believe.

There was a very good reason why the club wouldn't go down that route and this is being shown with Shebby Singhs "statement" on the BRAGAG website. Football fans by their very nature want to talk football to the clubs owners. The subject is so emotive that anything discussed in that catageory would inevitably become public information. The problems that would make for the club are immense.

BRAGAG are only doing what any other group of fans who were privy to football discussion would do, they are reporting in good faith what they have been told. The important point here, is that Singh knows that anything he says to them will be made public and in some quarters ridiculed, yet he can't keep his mouth shut.

These kind of things wont stop until Shebby Singh realises that if there's anything to say on the managerial situation, or any other football related topic, he goes check it out with the the likes of Derek Shaw first - and makes his statements on the official site.

Spot on Den.

The trouble is, numpty press actually believe everyone is fully supportive of BRAG, the reality is the list is growing of people who can't stand them!

Completely agree. Like the Arab Spring in Libya the lunatics who were part of the war suddenly think they can run the gaff.

Apologies Den if you feel this thread is to 'ridicule' BRAG. All the thread is asking is a simple yes and no question in an attempt to substantiate the claims made by BRAG last night. It really is as simple as that.

The claim was made, I wasn't sure if that claim was the view of the majority of fans, I posted a poll to find out.

Apologies Den if you feel this thread is to 'ridicule' BRAG. All the thread is asking is a simple yes and no question in an attempt to substantiate the claims made by BRAG last night. It really is as simple as that.

The claim was made, I wasn't sure if that claim was the view of the majority of fans, I posted a poll to find out.

Can't see the reason for the poll questions Ricky. If you want to know whether the fans support Sherwood or McKinlay it's being debated to death on the other thread.

No meltdown if Sherwood, definite meltdown if McKinley.

My vote the same Mckinlay is Kean in disguise simple as they are mates and Kean attempted to get McKinlay before Black if my memory serves me correctly. Its the links to Kean which really affect me not his football credentials simple as !!

I do find it strange when there is outrage when people try to clarify the truth. A claim has been made by a group who obviously have some form of connection with the club and you want to see if what they have said is representative of some of the people the said group purports to represent. Finding out the truth of the matter is not something to be lambasted. It's a very useful tool that this messageboard can provide.

I do find it strange when there is outrage when people try to clarify the truth. A claim has been made by a group who obviously have some form of connection with the club and you want to see if what they have said is representative of some of the people the said group purports to represent. Finding out the truth of the matter is not something to be lambasted. It's a very useful tool that this messageboard can provide.

That is why only members of Brag should be allowed to vote, they were representing their members . Now if the poll was worded differently in more general terms aimed at members of BRFCS it would not seem like this was intended as a dig at Brag

Tbh Ricky this is a thread to try and bat BRFAG With another stick, add that to your other statement behind closed doors, How did it go? Oh that was it "Mystery Man"

Really these supporter politics need to stop, eyes n ears everywhere!!!!!

'

No. Stop Glen. No supporter politics. That is the point. You shouldn't be in politics. Having mounted the barricades and evicted the hated leader, your role now is not to 'represent' fans or 'issue statements' or to say that you 'are not being consulted on the manager'. Well thank bluddy hell you are not. You are a fan. I am a fan. That is it. Thanks for all the work so far in getting Kean out, but really you are in danger of becoming a political party. You will never run the club..we are not Barcelona, unless you have a couple of billion under the mattress. Thanks for all your work. Like Churchill, take the exit door left to the bar.

Ultimately, the club's owners have to make this decision.Hopefully it's the right one (i.e not Mckinlay), but if that's the way it goes so be it. He then lives or dies by his results...

So you are saying don't complain until the new manager has had a chance.

Problem is - do you then give the next manager the same chance and then the one after that etc.

Do you wait until 5 failures later we are in non-league before you complain?

So this poll is going to gauge the opinion of the majority of the supporters, if this is the main purpose in posting it, can you tell me what the current vote stands at in terms of participants?

This was never going to give you an answer of the majority of the supporters, therefore was only going to achieve one aim, but hey you knew that anyway.

Mark, I made a post on the other thread explaining but I'll try to do similar here.

I completely agreed with the BRAG statement regarding McKinley as I had head similar undertones from here and twitter, I just hadn't heard the same venom directed at Sherwood which led to my suprise that he was also named in the press release.

My sole aim was to find if there was a similar view towards Sherwood. The poll at the moment would indicate that's not the case and that Sherwood would not be deemed such a disaster.

Again, I don't disagree with the statement regarding KcKinley.

Meltdown, as some have suggested on this thread, may be a bit harsh but a press release needs to grab the readers attention so I can see where it came from.

We've had just over 100 votes which is a very small numner compared to the site membership. It should still be able to give a guide though as to feelings. at present 6.8% would go into meltdown if Sherwood was appointed.

Tbh Ricky this is a thread to try and bat BRFAG With another stick, add that to your other statement behind closed doors, How did it go? Oh that was it "Mystery Man"

Really these supporter politics need to stop, eyes n ears everywhere!!!!!

Strange post. I don't think you're doing yourself any favours here. 'Eyes n ears everywhere'? What are you? The KGB?

• Backroom

I think few would argue about McKinley, the majority of fans just wouldn't want him getting the job

Most of what I have seen would point towards Sherwood being a reasonably popular appointment though

We've had just over 100 votes which is a very small numner compared to the site membership. It should still be able to give a guide though as to feelings. at present 6.8% would go into meltdown if Sherwood was appointed.

so just to clarify that approximately 93 people have so far have proved your point?

Archived