BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood & Billy McKinley - Meltdown or no Meltdown?

Ricky

236 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go into meltdown if we appointed Sherwood

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you go into meltdown if we appointed McKinley

• Yes
    • No

I think few would argue about McKinley, the majority of fans just wouldn't want him getting the job

Most of what I have seen would point towards Sherwood being a reasonably popular appointment though

Do you think Sherwood would be linked with our job if he never played for us?

When will people realise gambling on a complete novice is crazy - especially when we really need to get promoted this season otherwise we could be financially screwed.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I'm stunned anyone other than a complete novice would want to come here. The club is a total mess.

Agree with that 100%.

I don't honestly get the grief directed at BRAG. I'm grateful that we have some form of dialogue with those at the club. It exposes their shortcomings completely. Imagine for one minute that last night we had been told Billy McKinley had been appointed with no "leaks" or word fro those "ITK".

I suspect this forum would have been in "meltdown" about how disappointed we would have been/ are with Mckinleys appointment and why the Kean had the action group not put this out before ( being ITK )

I see the good work that BRAG have done in establishing dialogue coming undone. Shebby will shut up shop. That's bad in my eyes because all he's done so far is show his true colours - a complete dick who should be nowhere near our club. I'd rather that be clear for all to see than the even bigger clueless dicks ( the V's) having Shebby's ear to themselves. That's truly dangerous.

BRAG are not the ones we need to hold to account - it's the custodians of the club we all love that need to be held to account. As before if people don't have the time/energy or will to get stuck in - don't knock or become jealous that they may get news or insights we might not.

For me I look at the past to get a decent idea of what may happen in the future. Surely by now each and every person on this MB is convinced the cretins will cock this decision up. Direct your frustrations at the right people - BRAG havnt

F¥€ked Rovers - Venkys HAVE & CONTINUE to do so.

Eyes and ears everywhere - oh dear, how delusional.

So the guy who purported to be a simple fan who wanted to make a difference we now learn is (and was) by all accounts extensivley connected throughout football. 8000 members you say? Seems its not just Venky's & Shebby out to manipulate the fan base.

Its getting embarrassing, as fans we need to get a sense of perspective. Its time to support a new manager, the team and football club as whole. Keep moaning and we will fast become the most laughed at and derided fan base in the country.

Eyes and ears everywhere - oh dear, how delusional.

So the guy who purported to be a simple fan who wanted to make a difference we now learn is (and was) by all accounts extensivley connected throughout football. 8000 members you say? Seems its not just Venky's & Shebby out to manipulate the fan base.

Its getting embarrassing, as fans we need to get a sense of perspective. Its time to support a new manager, the team and football club as whole. Keep moaning and we will fast become the most laughed at and derided fan base in the country.

Its common knowledge I reported on rovers news before Venkys and had reliable sources so no big scandal there.

I'm sure many people who post on here know current or ex players of our club and other clubs. Its not such a big thing. Im sure they also know managers too. Many people also post on here what they hear from their contacts.

Had our club not been in a mess, im sure no-one would be interested in who people speak to, I really don't see the relevance really

I

I'll precede this with a comment that this is not a post to get at BRFCAG. Why is BRFCAG sending out this Press Release an issue?

Firstly, where does this stop? A novice manager being touted in the papers as a future manager upsets some fans and BRFCAG state that the fans would be in 'meltdown' if a novice manager is appointed. That forces SS to re-evalute his (possible) chase for Badger as manager. What happens if Rovers appoint an experienced manager and he decides he wants an assistant who has previous with Rovers fans? Will BRFCAG send out a press release saying the fans would go into meltdown? How about a player Rovers fans don't like? WHEN and WHERE does this stop? This is why fans and fans groups should not be involved in football decisions at a club unless they actually run said club.

Secondly, whatever BRFCAG say, this is DIRECT INFLUENCE on the managerial appointment. SS is listening to them and they have direct contact with him. If they say the fans don't like something and it changes SS from a set path (whether it is right or not) that is direct influence. It's not intended but SS is trying to engage with the fans and listening to them but, again, this should not be about footballing decisions.

Last point, this is SS cocking up the process. He is taking advice, whether intended as advice or not, from a fans group. He is also thinking that this fans group represents the fans as a whole. It doesn't. SS is showing himself to be daft or misguided at best. The biggest risk from all this is that the fans lose all contact with any representative of the club. Certainly, the fans are being portrayed as the major problem with the club right now by the ignorant press when we know that is not the case. It's not even BRFCAG being the problem.

The only thing I can suggest is that BRFCAG take footballing issues off the table themselves because it doesn't look like SS wants to.

Why is Sherwood acceptable to so many but McKinlay isn't? If its because Sherwood was a better player then I think this Venkyitis is catching, we need a good MANAGER.

I think Sherwood has a lot of presence, charisma, intelligence and is well respected in the game and by fans for what he achieved in his playing career and now as a coach(basically he as all the ingredients to be a good manager) whereas billy mc is just a bit of a non entity that can coach(like kean).

I thought it was an extremely poorly worded and inaccurate statement from Brag.

Every individual has to be judged on their merits. I can accept that the appointment of a genuine Club legend like Shearer/ or the title winning Captain Sherwood etc would represent a huge gamble. However I would be far from unhappy if either were to be appointed. I might be persuaded to think the same way if he likes of Tugay/Friedel hell even Robbie Savage were interested.

Contrast that with the potential appointment of a relative no mark whose only claim to fame was to be a prominent member of the "rubber dinghy men" who got us relegated in miserable fashion and you can underrstand why the fans are upset. To put the tin lid on it there were of course all the allegations flying around of him feigning injury during the latter days of his playing career at Ewood.

I have to say I bear no truck whatsoever with rumours that he might or might not be best buddies with Kean. Like tony greenbank said, if I know someone who is crap at his job, that has no bearing whatsoever on my ability to do my own job.

Nevertheless I am surprised and disappointed that BRAG were not able to make the clear distinction between McKinlay and ex-Rovers of the calibre of Sherwood and Shearer because I think that would actually have accurately represented the feelings of the majority of the fanbase.

Why is Sherwood acceptable to so many but McKinlay isn't? If its because Sherwood was a better player then I think this Venkyitis is catching, we need a good MANAGER.

Nail on head.

I find it hilarious there's such a massive disparity between McKinlay and Sherwood no matter how you phrase "meltdown" etc.

Let me just make it clear I would be strongly against either managing Rovers.

I know you can question McKinlay's integrity as a player, but then people see Shearer as a man of integrity despite the Lennon stamping incident and all that ensued afterwards. And what about Roy Keane deliberately breaking legs?! Fact is McKinlay has more actual coaching experience than Sherwood does, and has been assistant coaching Northern Ireland too.

I'm honestly not sure who I'd pick between them, although maybe still Sherwood, but there's really not that much to choose between them,

Maybe Glen did misrepresent the fans when he made that statement, but my irritation would still be much more directed at our many fans who are sending out the message it's acceptable to employ a total novice in Sherwood yet again, than at Glen for making a very sensible statement that we need experience at the helm.

Its not your club either is it? You can say/write what you like, so why can't they? They don't owe you anything so back off yourself.

If they've saved us from McKinley that's alright by me.

This is the compromising situation though that BRAG find themselves in. What happens if McKinlay is a roaring success somewhere and a Holloway type takes us down? The owners will turn around and say they wanted McKinlay.

In a nutshell the owners now have a free get out of jail card.

Every individual has to be judged on their merits. I can accept that the appointment of a genuine Club legend like Shearer/ or the title winning Captain Sherwood etc would represent a huge gamble. However I would be far from unhappy if either were to be appointed. I might be persuaded to think the same way if he likes of Tugay/Friedel hell even Robbie Savage were interested.

Contrast that with the potential appointment of a relative no mark whose only claim to fame was to be a prominent member of the "rubber dinghy men" who got us relegated in miserable fashion and you can underrstand why the fans are upset. To put the tin lid on it there were of course all the allegations flying around of him feigning injury during the latter days of his playing career at Ewood.

I have to say I bear no truck whatsoever with rumours that he might or might not be best buddies with Kean. Like tony greenbank said, if I know someone who is crap at his job, that has no bearing whatsoever on my ability to do my own job.

Nevertheless I am surprised and disappointed that BRAG were not able to make the clear distinction between McKinlay and ex-Rovers of the calibre of Sherwood and Shearer because I think that would actually have accurately represented the feelings of the majority of the fanbase.

+1

+1

This is the compromising situation though that BRAG find themselves in. What happens if McKinlay is a roaring success somewhere and a Holloway type takes us down? The owners will turn around and say they wanted McKinlay.

As someone else pointed out, what happens if Kean becomes a success somewhere else? Or Ince? Or Black?

The point is that this is not the time for experimentation or a gamble, the Club is nearly on its knees. Let these experienced managers learn their trade somewhere else.

http://www.dailymail...ns-protest.html

Back off BRAG. It is not your club. it is not your decision. Disgraceful.

Its a million miles more BRAG's club than it will ever be Shabby Singh's. Are fans forgetting who this clown is and the scum that he represents? The spirit of the rebellion has really petered out if people are defending Shabby's right to decide this for himself simply on the technicality that he's unjustly found himself in an official position at the club. I'd support some homeless beggar sat outside the Postal Order if he intended to wrestle control of this decision from that moustachioed muppet.

As someone else pointed out, what happens if Kean becomes a success somewhere else? Or Ince? Or Black?

The point is that this is not the time for experimentation or a gamble, the Club is nearly on its knees. Let these experienced managers learn their trade somewhere else.

The disapproval of Ince and Kean was made within the ground by all fans. We did not stop their appointment, we asked for their removal.

As fans, we are not qualified to know anything about potential managers, who is best suited.

Arsenal were laughed at for hiring a Manager from Japan.

Liverpool were slagged off for hiring a player manager.

We were ridiculed for attempting to get King Kenny.

As someone brilliantly pointed out, many fans thought selling Speedie was suicide.

Its a million miles more BRAG's club than it will ever be Shabby Singh's. Are fans forgetting who this clown is and the scum that he represents? The spirit of the rebellion has really petered out if people are defending Shabby's right to decide this for himself simply on the technicality that he's unjustly found himself in an official position at the club. I'd support some homeless beggar sat outside the Postal Order if he intended to wrestle control of this decision from that moustachioed muppet.

Agree 100%, however SS and the scum he represents have just released a statement on the website of a fans group who want them removed, can you see the compromise?

It's like the glazers releasing a statement on a Green and Gold website.

To be honest I'm stunned anyone other than a complete novice would want to come here. The club is a total mess.

Agree 100%

And i suspect that any one with an ounce of sense that Rovers have approached - has politely declined!

Ten minutes reading this thread alone would be enough to convince most to steer well clear of "train wreck central" that we have become!

I think Hendry's used that card.

'

McKinley being a roaring success somewhere is total guesswork based on nothing, so I wouldn't gamble the clubs future on it.

Just the same there's a bloke who can fix my roof for 20% of the normal cost and you know what, I'd rather save up and stick a bucket under it for now. He may end up becoming the industry leader in roof mending, but I'm just not going to take that risk. Will I feel like an idiot if he does? Not really because by then I'll have had years of leak free roofing.

Archived