BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood & Billy McKinley - Meltdown or no Meltdown?

Ricky

236 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go into meltdown if we appointed Sherwood

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you go into meltdown if we appointed McKinley

• Yes
    • No

McKinley being a roaring success somewhere is total guesswork based on nothing, so I wouldn't gamble the clubs future on it.

Just the same there's a bloke who can fix my roof for 20% of the normal cost and you know what, I'd rather save up and stick a bucket under it for now. He may end up becoming the industry leader in roof mending, but I'm just not going to take that risk. Will I feel like an idiot if he does? Not really because by then I'll have had years of leak free roofing.

I would not give it McKinley either, but that's not the point. I cannot think of one other football club in this land has ever released a statement about potential managers. That says it all.

And for balance, I am pro BRAG, just think that their success going forward has been severely hampered by the statement on their site and that press release.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough.

Regarding them saying I told you so if we go for an experienced type over a novice. From what Nixon is saying it sounds as if Mrs D was less than pleased with Shebby trying to approach a good friend of the man who is trying to take them to the cleaners. Hopefully it's put him in the position of someone who needs to deliver the right appointment, not some experiment.

Fair enough.

Regarding them saying I told you so if we go for an experienced type over a novice. From what Nixon is saying it sounds as if Mrs D was less than pleased with Shebby trying to approach a good friend of the man who is trying to take them to the cleaners. Hopefully it's put him in the position of someone who needs to deliver the right appointment, not some experiment.

It would be quite ironic if the owners were the ones that stopped us appointing McKinlay. Not sure how Mrs Sunny D would know they were friends though?

Deep down we all know that we want the owners gone, we are just killing time until that happens as nothing positive will come of their tenure.

Wonder how all the BRAG(gers) who were so bullish in claiming their organisation had been responsible for preventing the appointment of McKinlay feel in light of the latest Flitcroft rumours?

Probably feel you'll continue to have a go at them whatever they do I imagine and hopefully ignore you.

Find the poll results a bit ridiculous. The difference between Sherwood and Billy's results, that is. There is no difference between the quality of their managerial credentials.

The disapproval of Ince and Kean was made within the ground by all fans. We did not stop their appointment, we asked for their removal.

As fans, we are not qualified to know anything about potential managers, who is best suited.

Arsenal were laughed at for hiring a Manager from Japan.

Liverpool were slagged off for hiring a player manager.

We were ridiculed for attempting to get King Kenny.

As someone brilliantly pointed out, many fans thought selling Speedie was suicide.

Yes, some gambles pay off. But anybody with a brain has to conduct their business by minimalising risk. More ridiculed gambles fail than succeed.

Find the poll results a bit ridiculous. The difference between Sherwood and Billy's results, that is. There is no difference between the quality of their managerial credentials.

Yes, some gambles pay off. But anybody with a brain has to conduct their business by minimalising risk. More ridiculed gambles fail than succeed.

Very true and all if those examples were far less risky than us gambling our future on a novice.

Its a million miles more BRAG's club than it will ever be Shabby Singh's. Are fans forgetting who this clown is and the scum that he represents? The spirit of the rebellion has really petered out if people are defending Shabby's right to decide this for himself simply on the technicality that he's unjustly found himself in an official position at the club. I'd support some homeless beggar sat outside the Postal Order if he intended to wrestle control of this decision from that moustachioed muppet.

:lol:

once again, brag wasnt trying to represent all fans, but their own group. Just like the fan forum didnt represent all fans on their india trip, but only represented themselves.

If brag say, beware shebby the wolf is coming and singh acts as if the wolf is coming, thats not brags fault, thats shebby´s. A strong leader wouldnt be afraid to make tough decisions, he´d be wise to listen to his surroundings, but still have to balls to go against it, if he felt it was necessary.

Archived