BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Sheffield Wednesday Preview

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone asked the club this on twitter, and the response they got was that it was originally allocated based on attendance trends as it was believed they would bring quite a few more than they actually will. They are a well supported club but I can't see them bringing more than 3,000 for a night match.Spoke to a mate at Uni who is an owls fan earlier and he didn't think they'd be bringing too many. I'm not sure why but I believe they will be giving Blackpool the whole Darwen End as well...

Cheers. Where does everyone that usually stand in corner of darwen end go? Its gonna he bad enough as it is I atleast want a bit of an atmosphere!

Can anyone confirm whether the whole darwen end has been sold to them?

Initial allocation of 2,000 - makes nonsense of booting all the DE season ticket holders out of the stand. There was no way Wednesday would bring more than 5,000 on a Wednesday night meaning no one needed to relocate seats.

Will hopefully increase the atmosphere in the Blackburn End though.

2-0 Rhodes & Dunn which will hopefully stop me from moving out and leaving my Wednesday supporting wife :rover:

Team for tomorrow:

Robbo

Orr

Dann

Hanley

Givet

Lowe

Etuhu

Dunn

Ollsson

Richards

Rhodes

Looks like 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 :)

Hopefully Olsson and Kazim are pushed up high like when we went 4-3-3 away at Burnley and Olsson was the best player on the pitch if I recall....and what a dive :)

Why do we always play on a Wednesday when everyone else plays Tuesday? I'm pretty sure it's happened nearly every midweek game

No idea......one time it was because they didn't want Leeds and Barnsley to get the same train home from the North West.

I thought it might be that us and Burnley can't play at home on the same day like in the Prem but they were away yesterday.

Nothing sticks out from the fixtures about trains so I've no clue why.

Good preview by the opening poster.

As a Wednesday fan I have been looking forward to this game all season given the fact my whole family and best friends are rovers season ticket holders.

I expect a close game despite our poor form. We played well against the Leeds scum but just need a goalscorer, which rovers have in Rhodes.

We will play 4-5-1 and hopefully tiny Taylor won't play as he is utter dog turd.

Our players to watch out for are Antonio on the wing and Corry in central midfield. Barkley and bothroyd have started playing well now following their loan moves to us.

We don't keep clean sheets so I expect you to score at least one.

I think we will bring about 2000 as its a night midweek game. On a Saturday we would have brought at least 4500.

Match prediction - if we get an early goal 2-1 to us, if you score first then the best we can hope for is a draw. Overall though I reckon 1-1 and hopefully a decent game.

Have any of the kean stay away fans come back yet? Hope so as it will add to the atmosphere with a bigger home crowd.

And what's going on with you getting a manager? Sherwood, then mckinlay, who is next to go far super atko or nicky marker?

Good preview.

I expect Rovers to show more progress in terms of quality of play but unless we are comfortably ahead by the hour mark, Wednesday's superior fitness to give us an increasingly torrid time as the game progresses.

Crowd will be disappointingly low.

Good preview.

I expect Rovers to show more progress in terms of quality of play but unless we are comfortably ahead by the hour mark, Wednesday's superior fitness to give us an increasingly torrid time as the game progresses.

Crowd will be disappointingly low.

Whilst our fitness doesn't appear to be great, why does everyone presume EVERY team we play are ridiculously fit?

This team might be in the relegation zone because they are unfit. It just seems like an easy thing to say without any real substance.

Archived