BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Sheffield Wednesday Preview

Do we expect Vukcevic and Fabio Nunes to feature in this one.

Will Eric Black learn from the last game that Formica should not be anywhere near tonights squad and that Lowe along with Murphy should not be starting and can he motivate Etuhu.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's a throw away line but this game is an absolute ''must win'' if we want any chance of keeping up with the promotion chasers. Looking at the table Burnley are on level points as us which is all the more reason why we have to win tonight.

Do we expect Vukcevic and Fabio Nunes to feature in this one.

Both still out according to BBC Sport.

Markus Olsson (hamstring), Simon Vukcevic (groin), Leon Best (knee) and Fabio Nunes (hamstring) are not yet ready to make their Rovers comebacks.

I know it's a throw away line but this game is an absolute ''must win'' if we want any chance of keeping up with the promotion chasers. Looking at the table Burnley are on level points as us which is all the more reason why we have to win tonight.

Both still out according to BBC Sport.

Markus Olsson (hamstring), Simon Vukcevic (groin), Leon Best (knee) and Fabio Nunes (hamstring) are not yet ready to make their Rovers comebacks.

So when is their expected return does anyone know

If we go in at halftime with a 2 goal lead we will win the match. If its a draw or Rovers are 1-0 up at halftime, we will end up drawing the match.

Sheffield Wednesday haven't been playing well this season. They played well at leeds, so if they can contain us, they will grow in confidence but if we get two early goals, it may just all fall apart.

I'd be going very attacking tonight.

Rhodes

Marcus O. CKR

Dunn. Murphy.

Etuhu

Martin Ollson Givet. Dann. Orr

Robinson

Subs: Kean,Rochina,Riberio,Nunes,Lowe,Gomes,Formica

If we go in at halftime with a 2 goal lead we will win the match. If its a draw or Rovers are 1-0 up at halftime, we will end up drawing the match.

Sheffield Wednesday haven't been playing well this season. They played well at leeds, so if they can contain us, they will grow in confidence but if we get two early goals, it may just all fall apart.

I'd be going very attacking tonight.

Rhodes

Marcus O. CKR

Dunn. Murphy.

Etuhu

Martin Ollson Givet. Dann. Orr

Robinson

Subs: Kean,Rochina,Riberio,Nunes,Lowe,Gomes,Formica

Nunes, Marcus Ollson out i think!

Looking forward to attending my first Rovers game since the 2-1 win vs. Barnsley. (Was unable to attend both Boro and Wolves)

Hoping for another victory and a good performance.

I was at the Sheffield Weds League Cup match last season, and that was done and dusted in 7 minutes as we raced into a 3-0 lead! Rochina played well that night, and would be good to see him again tonight (even if off the bench). I also remember Goodwillie's goal from that match, which was a cracking strike, low beyond the Weds keeper.

I expect the team to stay the same from the weekend, and as I've said before this season...... "If we play to our potential, we will win."

No idea......one time it was because they didn't want Leeds and Barnsley to get the same train home from the North West.

I thought it might be that us and Burnley can't play at home on the same day like in the Prem but they were away yesterday.

Nothing sticks out from the fixtures about trains so I've no clue why.

Utd and Blackpool were at home last night. Potential policing issues? Just a guess, could be wrong.

Based on rovers4good's info i think:

-----------Robbo

Orr---Dann--Hanley--Givet

-------Lowe---Etuhu

CKR-----Dunn------Olsson

----------Rhodes

Also this game is live on BBC Radio 5 live extra tonight, for those that cannot make it.

Need to get a lot more support and service up to Rhodes.

I'd have played Nunes if he was fit to ping some crosses in to Rhodes but as he apparently isn't fit I'd go with

Robinson

Lowe Dann Givet Martin Olssen

Etuhu Muphy Dunn

Gomes Rochina

Rhodes.

Can anyone explain exactly what Gomes has done to deserve getting dropped by Black? The guy's scored twice as many goals as the team has under Black this season!

Need to get a lot more support and service up to Rhodes.

I'd have played Nunes if he was fit to ping some crosses in to Rhodes but as he apparently isn't fit I'd go with

Robinson

Lowe Dann Givet Martin Olssen

Etuhu Muphy Dunn

Gomes Rochina

Rhodes.

Can anyone explain exactly what Gomes has done to deserve getting dropped by Black? The guy's scored twice as many goals as the team has under Black this season!

You talk about service upto Rhodes and then pick a team like that with Murphy in.

Got the two behind him to play him in.

And vice versa.

Thought we already established that Rochina doesnt pass. Who can beat a man and open them up and please dont say Dunny ?

You have little or no width in your team and you put three players in the side with no legs Dunn Murphy and Gomes, so just how on earth Jordan Rhodes is ever going to get the service god only knows.

If Rovers4good is right which he usually is, I think the formation will be

Rhodes

Ollson. CKR

Dunn

Etuhu. Lowe

Givet. Hanley Dann. Orr

Robbo

V happy with that team. If Black plays that formation we should have plenty of pace on the wing, and finally have an outlet. Rhodes should receive plenty of service.

• Backroom

Agree with others that we need to be a couple up by 75 minutes or we will either run out of energy if its a draw or worse and just sit back and concede late if we are 1-0 up

Is that confirmed? FFS.

If that's right 0-0 or 0-1 it is again then.

Depends on whether he has finally got through the players on how he wants to play the system. Last home match they started off with 3 at the back with Orr and Olsson pushed into midfield - but I think both of our wing backs struggled with the system,

Split loyalties in our family tonight, step son is a Sheff Weds season ticket holder but sadly can't make the game tonight. Then again who can blame him, last time he came to Ewood Wednesday found themselves 3-0 down after 7 minutes!

Despite the fact Wednesday are woeful, I can see a 1-1 draw tonight and more points lost.

Hope I'm wrong!

Archived