BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Sheffield Wednesday Preview

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Split loyalties in our family tonight, step son is a Sheff Weds season ticket holder but sadly can't make the game tonight. Then again who can blame him after the shower that turned up in the cup at ours, Wednesday 3-0 down in 7 minutes!

Despite the fact Wednesday are woeful, I can see a 1-1 draw tonight and more points lost.

Hope I'm wrong!

Need to get a lot more support and service up to Rhodes.

I'd have played Nunes if he was fit to ping some crosses in to Rhodes but as he apparently isn't fit I'd go with

Robinson

Lowe Dann Givet Martin Olssen

Etuhu Muphy Dunn

Gomes Rochina

Rhodes.

Can anyone explain exactly what Gomes has done to deserve getting dropped by Black? The guy's scored twice as many goals as the team has under Black this season!

can you explain what Murphy has done to be added to youre squad ;),

i'd have gomes behind rhodes and maybe dunn in midfield in place of lowe and go with the same 11 & formation as the derby game(basically a 442).

Depends on whether he has finally got through the players on how he wants to play the system. Last home match they started off with 3 at the back with Orr and Olsson pushed into midfield - but I think both of our wing backs struggled with the system,

Eric Black:

"We feel that we are starting to move in the right direction, we've got a system that we think suits the players that we have available.

"I thought for an hour at Derby we played well I must admit. For an away performance it was decent,

"I'm not saying we lifted the rafters but for the first hour we were very much in control of the game and looked like we could score a goal, looked very secure and I liked the balance about it.

"Now that balance has to shift because we are at home, in front of our home support and we have to take the impetus to win the game.

"So there may be one or two tweaks within that but with the players that we have available I have to try and get the best system and I feel we are getting close to it."

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/win-for-the-fans-black-443528.aspx

Black feels that we are getting close to our best system with the players available.

Going off the 1st half improvement on Saturday and going off the fact we are due a penalty and a win im going 2 - 1 to Rovers ( Rhodes, Dunn. Bothroyd for them)

in front of 15,561 including about 2k from Sheffield.

Eric Black:

http://www.rovers.co...ack-443528.aspx

Black feels that we are getting close to our best system with the players available.

At least we see some honesty from the chap, unlike that keaning fool Coco. The above comment says alot about the 2nd rate players we have.

Got the go ahead to go to Ewood tonight for the first time since last season, after a personally awful 2012.

that is lovely to hear Den. Sorry to hear about the difficult year to date.

oh, don't sit too near me, Ewoodbehappy and 1864Roverite......the air may get a wee bit blue :mellow:

Hope to see you Den, where are you sitting ? Me, Mark and Capt Mike heading to Ewood tonight.

Prob Riverside. Cheaper. Don't like behind the goals. On my own as well. Not got a ticket yet. Where are you guys sitting?

i am asking if anyone is a member of that 'rovers player'?

i am away for a couple of weeks in peru and cant get coverage anywhere. does somebody want to be kind enough to PM me with their rovers player username and password, only for today and saturday. i would be rather greatful.

There's a free trial going on at the moment

Is there a single leader in the team or in the coaching stuff that can remind and inspire the players what they (should be) playing for, and lead us to victory?

I can't think of anyone. :( Dunn is settled, Braveheart seems/seemed to be in the Kean camp...so who is it going to be?

Where is our leader, our inspiration?

Is there a single leader in the team or in the coaching stuff that can remind and inspire the players what they (should be) playing for, and lead us to victory?

I can't think of anyone. :( Dunn is settled, Braveheart seems/seemed to be in the Kean camp...so who is it going to be?

Where is our leader, our inspiration?

Just hopefully some of the older heads take up the challenge.....Nuno Gomes in particular, possibly Murphy, Etuhu, Givet etc.......we need Jermaine Jones back from Schalke, he was good at that on the pitch.......we could also do with Salgado, Samba or Nelsen.

Archived