BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sammy Lee, one of the many coaches who was a complete failure as a manager -remember when Lee first started and all this rubbish about playing the game in the right way. Try winning matches first you little runt.

Am I alone in thinking that Shaw's list looks exactly like it would have done when he was back at PNE? I think we can do better than that, but Shebby seems to have a different view as to what better means in this instance.

You say we could do better. Who exactly?

OGS is tied down till end of Novermber I believe, Schuster isn't proven in English football.

Holloway and McCarthy are on Shaw's list. Best out of a poor bunch of candidates if you ask me.

So where are we well. The situation is that there are some factions in the recruitment process who want an experienced manager, but then there is Shebby who wants a younger upcoming manager. It seems that after the reaction of fans yesterday to the potential appointment of Billy McKinley there is now some “rethinking” taking place. Hopefully common sense will prevail.

The problem is Shebby is nominating younger upcoming coaches, not managers. If he focused on those with a succesful management history (100+ games), the supporters would be a lot more trusting.

So what skills would Shebby have to "mold" someone into a "new Mourinho"? He actualy thinks it is like playing football manager... So I guess we're back to the situation from last season, where there is only one voice that the owners hear.

And the biggest questions remains. Why the f**k are we looking at coaches and not managers? We tried that, and it failed miserably!

I dislike the thought of Shebby have either the power or the inclination to mould anyone at the Rovers. Who is he? A Malaysian international who became a pundit. If that is the standard I will immediately notify the USSF that they should immediately assign a one coach each to Alexi Lalas and other retired USA internationals who now make a living as pundits. Over time, these internationals should each create one Mourinho and thereby ensuring the USA's soccer dominion of the world, commencing in about 6 months.

What could go wrong?

He has made a royal dogs dinner of the search for a new manager and the big names he spoke about just stinks of a continuation of the cock n bull we have had out of the club since Venkys arrived.

Absolutely. I hope those who sign his paychecks are taking note.

What about me and Abbey as Manager and Assistant Manager?

We would knock those players, and the drinks cabinet, into shape.

Venkys could do worse (and have). I think the two of you would install far more discipline and fighting spirit in the squad than has been demonstrated to date.

Hypothetically, if BRAG's statement stopped SS from appointing McKinlay and led to us appointing Holloway instead would that still mean everyone here thinks their press statement was the worst thing to ever happen in the history of our fanbase?

BRAG's press release, and its conduct in general, has been far from disgraceful. However it needs to stand down. While so far they've been a benefit, mob rule (and that is what a democratically elected body of football fans will eventually become) is no way to run a football club.

That said it would go a long way if Venkys would appoint an experienced and succesful manager, appoint a decent, competent experienced CEO (what is Tom Finn up to these days?) and provide financial support. Add to that equation to a bit of time to sort things out and Venkys dream of running a succesful PL club may come to fruition.

As tonight's scores stand, we are now down to 12th - 8 points off 1st and 6 points off 2nd & 3rd.

We are actually closer to 3rd from bottom than we are to top !

No panic Shebby !

I'm all for taking one's time in evaluating options, but the fact we're on day 25 is a disgrace. It should have been a 7-14 day long process, max. Shebby is, in large part, directly responsible for the points dropped. I hope the owners know it.

I dont know if this has been mentioned already, but Shebby has an interview that has just been released on Rovers Player. Makes for some interesting listening. Adamant that whenever we have approached to speak to a candidate (I.E. Mckinlay), it is just that, not an offer (Take from that what you will).

We've all known about the categories he's placing candidates in, but i'm rather surprised to hear he listed one of the categories as "Bittersweet." The ones who have tasted success but also failed in other areas (a category made for Holloway I feel.) He goes on to state that a manager in this column would require even more thought of hiring, than that of an "Up and Coming" manager. Which kind of fits into the whole theory of Holloway being one of Shaw's guys, not Shebby's.

To keep me going through these dark times, I try and think of the good times, such as Andy Todd kicking Dugarry up the arse for no reason at all.

Am I alone in thinking that Shaw's list looks exactly like it would have done when he was back at PNE? I think we can do better than that, but Shebby seems to have a different view as to what better means in this instance.

PNE were in this division then ?

To keep me going through these dark times, I try and think of the good times, such as Andy Todd kicking Dugarry up the arse for no reason at all.

:) very happy times, He played over here in the 2009/10 season, slower but still hard as nails, either the ball went past or the player but never the two together, walked away with all the club player of the Year awards to

Hypothetically, if BRAG's statement stopped SS from appointing McKinlay and led to us appointing Holloway instead would that still mean everyone here thinks their press statement was the worst thing to ever happen in the history of our fanbase?

are we still on this, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The RVP and Dugarry "Toddys mad moments" were amazing, good times

Didnt Toddy also refuse to appeal against the ban as he said "why would I appeal if I meant it"?

His wikipedia page makes for interesting reading. It's basically a succession of him going to a club, doing well, then leaving after his temper got the better of him. My personal favourite is 'Todd left Bolton under a cloud after allegedly breaking assistant manager Phil Brown's jaw and cheekbone at a team bonding session'.

I think we all know he was clearly asking for it.

That team had some real minerals about it. Flitty, Todd, Neil. Not the most cultured in the prem those 3 but they took no prisoners and were all in it together.

His wikipedia page makes for interesting reading. It's basically a succession of him going to a club, doing well, then leaving after his temper got the better of him. My personal favourite is 'Todd left Bolton under a cloud after allegedly breaking assistant manager Phil Brown's jaw and cheekbone at a team bonding session'.

Yeah there was some speculation that he left Glory after an "heated " discussion with Stuart Munro (remember him) the defensive coach at the time

Archived