BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Black Players Association

Associations are usually formed in such cases to represent minorities. When you are a minority sticking up for each other by way of a union/association gives u more weight.

However based upon some of your understandings ala mobo awards n white person associations..maybe we should stop all disabled persons associations? Paralympics? etc. All they want is to be treated normal so y on earth would they have their own associations and Olympics?! hence creating a divide between able bodied and themselves.

Idiots

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? How about the racism which killed 6 million white people in a most horrific manner in the late 30's and 40's? Is that recent enough?

The Holodomor?

You'll find that happened in the early 30s, though.

im not saying this is going to happen, but lets play with the idea anyways. So we now have a black organisation, working only for the well being of black people, they apparently want some kind of affirmative action law, also known as the rooney rule. Next stop the hispanics, they would want the same, next stop asians and they would want the same. So we´d end up with a bunch of groups, based on ethnicity and skin colour, doing their best to get what their race wants. Imo a slippery slope. If i was asian or hispanic and watched another ethnic group get prefrential treatment because of their colour, i sure as hell would demand the same. what a potential mess.

people are acting as if racism isnt being targetted and combatted on a daily basis, its on the agenda every day. every nation in the western parts of europe have taken great strides to nullify this problem. Those saying, should the blacks just let things run its course are not looking at reality, but just saying stuff to suit their pov.

I thought this http://www.telegraph...yers-union.html, which has just been brought to my notice by an old friend, might be of interest.

Especially for his feelings towards the club.

What a man! Brings a tear to the eye.

Not told any lies has he? Just repeated what many could see from the day the slumdog millionaires took over.

Are you actually serious?

Yeah, those people were targeted because they were white.

they were targetted because of their nationality, not because of their colour, but does that really matter.? not racism per se, but in the grand scheme of things, its probably racisms evil stepbrother.

What a man! Brings a tear to the eye.

Not told any lies has he? Just repeated what many could see from the day the slumdog millionaires took over.

Did you actually read that article because according to you racism doesn't exist.

There would have been no Atlantic slave trade had it not been for black people forcing their own people into slavery then selling them to the white man. I'm not absolving the West's actions but it takes two to tango. I get the feeling some people think the slave trade was instigated by white invaders going to Africa and kidnapping black people, that's not how it worked.

Blaming the Atlantic slave trade solely on white people is like blaming a drug user and ignoring his dealer. It was a crime of humanity in which both races were involved as just as complicit as each other, there should be no "white guilt" over it (or rather no less guilt that black people should feel themselves about their forefathers part in it too).

• Moderation Lead

There would have been no Atlantic slave trade had it not been for black people forcing their own people into slavery then selling them to the white man. I'm not absolving the West's actions but it takes two to tango. I get the feeling some people think the slave trade was instigated by white invaders going to Africa and kidnapping black people, that's not how it worked.

Blaming the Atlantic slave trade solely on white people is like blaming a drug user and ignoring his dealer. It was a crime of humanity in which both races were involved as just as complicit as each other, there should be no "white guilt" over it (or rather no less guilt that black people should feel themselves about their forefathers part in it too).

Regarding the last part, tell that to Ollie Holt (reporter) he's on a one man crusade, it's very cringey.

The major issue I have with these new FA proposals is the quota of black managers in the Football League.

What we'll end up with, should this pass, is a number of completely incompetent men in a manager's position, who got their job over a more suitable candidate solely because of the colour of their skin.

Positive discrimination is still discrimination.

I am pretty sure you are taking Morgan Freeman's words out of context and I very much doubt he would agree with you in this regard.

No one would talk about it were there not a spate of racist incidents in the game recently. In fact for years we all thought racism had been stamped out of football pretty much. However there has been, both by other footballers and by football fans in other countries.

By your logic we should stand by and let that happen, rather than talk about it and find a way of making sure it doesn't happen again.

Is gay pride a bad thing because it highlights the difference between gay and straight, or is it a good thing because homosexuals who have a history of being persecuted in society get to show some solidarity with each other for one day a year? Is having a Disabled Police Association bad because it highlights the difference between able bodied and disabled, or is it good because it helps to look after the interests of a group often patronised and discriminated against?

How is the Black Footballers' Association any different from these examples? Especially if white footballers are allowed to join if they wish to show support (which I suspect they would be).

You mean like you're doing with mine?

I said I agree with Morgan Freeman about not mentioning race....."don't call me a black man and I won't call you a white man"........ highlighting racist occurrences should still be done obviously as people need to be punished and people need to see that racist people get punished.

But my main point is racism will not go away if black and white people are being separately classified as such.....they are both human beings......it's not like gay and straight......gay people wish to be seen as separate but equal......this should not be the case with black people.

People shouldn't be taught to look at colour......a black man should just be a man and a white man should just be a man......if they are classified as such then theoretically racism shouldn't continue to exist because there is no real difference between them.

If the black players feel that a separate association for them needs to be created, then they are perfectly entitled to do so.....but personally I would rather everyone just did a lot more to combat racism in the game.......everyone that is, which includes John Barnes and his ridiculous claim about getting sacked from Celtic too quickly because he was black when imo he did a worse job there than Ince did for us.

But it won't happen over night, it takes at least a generation so kids should be taught that black and white people are no different.....which is a lot harder to do when there are separate organisations for black people.

Keys just asked a black solisiter if he had a problem if there was a white footballers union . He said there was one already ... BNP .

If true that is a truly disgusting remark and no less racist than the statement I suppose he fights against. He is basically suggesting that all white football players are BNP members and by extension racists.

I can understand the hurt and annoyance some black people must feel over the events of the last few months, but to fall into this 'us versus them' mentality is foolhardy and to imply that all white people are just racists who are harbouring secret desires for BNP policies is racist in itself.

EDIT: interview here...http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/93734 (10 mins on)

The major issue I have with these new FA proposals is the quota of black managers in the Football League.

What we'll end up with, should this pass, is a number of completely incompetent men in a manager's position, who got their job over a more suitable candidate solely because of the colour of their skin.

Look at Chris Hughton or Chris Powell. They've earned their positions through merit, not simply on the basis of their skin colour. Even our dear friend Paul Ince was given a shot at the big time for a successful lower-league stint. So all this talk about black managers being underrepresented is unfounded. The opportunities for ethnic minorities are there if they're willing to grab them. Unlike Andy Cole, who decided there was no point even getting his UEFA Pro License coz he's a black man innit?

As we know to our cost. Claims that Ince was the 'First black manager in the Prem' far outweighed any comment on his quality or suitability. Come to think about it the fact that he was the above prob swung the lack of coaching qualifications argument his way.

You were the one who referred to them as white initially. They were jewish and there are plenty of Jewish groups. Are you against those too?

Quote my post instead of casting slurs and insinuations around. :glare: Racism is racism and is not exclusive to colour prejudice. A point lesser intellects and/or the heavily agenda'd cannot grasp. Make your own mind up to where I have you positioned braddock.

If anyone claimed that they were wrong, John Tigana was the first black manager in the Premiership. Ince may have been the first English black manager though.

I know about Jean Tigana ..... and I know about Ruud Gullitt too. The press and media made the above claims not me. ;)

Really? How about the racism which killed 6 million white people in a most horrific manner in the late 30's and 40's? Is that recent enough?

The racism didn't kill 6 million people because they were white. It was because they were Jewish. You seem to be saying because white people don't have groups about their persecution it's unusual that black people want groups of their own. I was pointing out that Jewish people do have such groups and asking if you were averse to those. You probably aren't, but then it kind of devalues your argument.

Archived