BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crystal Palace Preview

colin

Orr has been dropped for the game. Murphy also back in the squad. Take a guess who advised Berg of that decision.

Not trying to cause any negativity, but Shebby has started influencing the team already, now whether Berg allows that to carry on, I don't know.

For Kean sake, give it a rest.

I know a lot of people who have worked with Berg, and I can assure you that Berg would NEVER accept anyone else having a say in team selection.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Kean sake, give it a rest.

I know a lot of people who have worked with Berg, and I can assure you that Berg would NEVER accept anyone else having a say in team selection.

You may know a lot of people that have worked with Berg in the past. You don't know anyone else at Ewood right now. Luckily for me, I do.

By the way, why has Rochina been dropped? Wonder who recommended Murphy instead of Rochina?

Orr has been dropped for the game. Murphy also back in the squad. Take a guess who advised Berg of that decision.

Not trying to cause any negativity, but Shebby has started influencing the team already, now whether Berg allows that to carry on, I don't know.

Not being funny but shebby is a massive Bruno fan and if he was selecting as you say he'd be playing presuming he's fit? SS may have been the most capped player at the club but now Henning is he'll be taking orders from him from now on, he's lost his 'big man' status, lol.

• Backroom

Well for one Rochina isn't a midfielder and he offers very little in games he starts

90% of managers would pick murphy over Rochina in a midfield role

You may know a lot of people that have worked with Berg in the past. You don't know anyone else at Ewood right now. Luckily for me, I do.

By the way, why has Rochina been dropped? Wonder who recommended Murphy instead of Rochina?

I thought Rochina played well last week. he was chasing down the ball and made some very good passes

• Backroom

Here's a genuine question

If you think Shebby is interfering now and picking the team then why didn't he do it when we didn't have a manager in? Surely if he was going to interfere he would have done whilst Black was holding the fort

Berg's 1st line up in charge is as follows: (brace yourself)

GK: Robinson

RB: Henley

CB: Dann

CB: Hanley

LB: Olsson

RM: Pedersen

CM: Murphy

CM: Etuhu

LM: Olsson

CF: Rhodes

CF: Richards

Hope this is what you'd hoped for but i very much doubt it LOL

Not too sure which Olsson is where as they both look the same to me.

4-4-2 is the name of the game.

Till next time :)

Henley in to add some pace when dealing with Zaha? Both Olssons down the left should provide some threat with their pace. CKR might fair better upfront as it involves less defensive duties.

I hope Henley has another cracker so that Kean's best buddy Orr never has to pull on a Rovers jersey again.

Harsh, but fair.

Henley is one for the future. He has been behind Orr, Bruno and Lowe. Hard to be back in first team football after 10 months but really wish he takes the place and never look back.

Hope Gomes and Rochina are involved at some point. On the strength of the games I've seen this season Rochina is arguably the best footballer at the club. Great control, good shot.

Gomes looks a class finisher.

Good to see Henley in for Orr and it's sensible to play Kazim up front because he's the sort of imposing figure Rhodes needs alongside him, and it suits his ego to play up front rather than out on the wing.

Also be great to see 442, especially the two strikers bit.

i thoroughly enjoy the inside intel Rovers4Good but would it not be common knowledge for any opposition to get a log in to BRFCS and check the match thread the day before a game to check our line up and formation and get extra time to combat it?

I'd much rather it was left until officially announced just before kick off, it doesn't really help the clubs or our own personal situation, we need any upper hand we can get...

Like LeChuck says, they would have been preparing all week and will have done so for different scenarios in the case of injuries/substitutions. Also they might be wary of somebody posting a fake starting 11 to throw off the opposition.

Glad to see Henley back in the team......out of the Olsson's who would people prefer to be at left back? I would prefer Marcus with Martin ahead of him....neither are the greatest defenders but Martin is much, much better at left wing and he can always help his brother out defensively.

Here's a genuine question

If you think Shebby is interfering now and picking the team then why didn't he do it when we didn't have a manager in? Surely if he was going to interfere he would have done whilst Black was holding the fort

I honestly don't know. The decision to play Henley ahead of Orr and Murphy ahead of Rochina was made by SS (allegedly, of course).

Whether he continues to do so, remains to be seen. I'm just passing on the information and have been very skeptical of Shebby ever since the managerial search, which in my opinion was a farce.

If you don't believe the credibility of my posts, I suggest you speak to Mercerman or T4E, 2 posters who I kept informed throughout the managerial chase.

As for the game tomorrow, playing Henley is actually beneficial for us, simply because Orr would have had his pants pulled down by Zaha.

I honestly don't know. The decision to play Henley ahead of Orr and Murphy ahead of Rochina was made by SS (allegedly, of course).

Personally don't see how you can play Rochina instead of Murphy in a 4 man midfield.

Henley is a bit of a shock - but the lack of pace at right full back has been evident all season. Also - with MGP at right midfield we have a bit of cover.

If SS has picked the team - he hasn't done too bad a job :-)

• Moderation Lead

Berg's 1st line up in charge is as follows: (brace yourself)

GK: Robinson

RB: Henley

CB: Dann

CB: Hanley

LB: Olsson

RM: Pedersen

CM: Murphy

CM: Etuhu

LM: Olsson

CF: Rhodes

CF: Richards

Hope this is what you'd hoped for but i very much doubt it LOL

Not too sure which Olsson is where as they both look the same to me.

4-4-2 is the name of the game.

Till next time :)

Thanks Henning, should probably keep this to yourself though, and announce it the usual way..... :rolleyes:

Whether he continues to do so, remains to be seen. I'm just passing on the information and have been very skeptical of Shebby ever since the managerial search, which in my opinion was a farce.

If you don't believe the credibility of my posts, I suggest you speak to Mercerman or T4E, 2 posters who I kept informed throughout the managerial chase.

As for the game tomorrow, playing Henley is actually beneficial for us, simply because Orr would have had his pants pulled down by Zaha.

Good god another conspiracy eh, now Shebby's picking the team, what rot, i don't believe for one minute your alleged info, maybe Black has had plenty of input which would be quite acceptable for the first couple of games, but honestly get a grip, Berg would not pick a team based on Shebby's say so end of.

Guest Rovers4Good

Been leaning out your window again?

How did the opposing team set-up and who played where? Was it also 4-4-2, per chance?

I can sit in my bedroom and watch (class) and yes it was 4-4-2 and they had Hendry and Brunskill at centre back so don't worry about the opposing team ;)

People are actually taking that team seriously? Madness!

He doesn't get them wrong often. I would be very surprised if that wasn't the starting line up for tomorrow. It's not like it's a stab in the dark or anything it's posted from watching the traning session so likely to be pretty accurate.

I can sit in my bedroom and watch (class) and yes it was 4-4-2 and they had Hendry and Brunskill at centre back so don't worry about the opposing team ;)

I was just curious to know who was playing RW and CM for the oppossing team. just incase last minute changes of heart came into play as Murphy and Etuhu's lack of oace and work-rate to date worry me in a two.

just out of curiousity did Berg stop training a lot? or giving instructions often during training? did they do any other work besides shape?

Thanks in advance, envious of your bedrooms location.

Archived