BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cameron Jerome

G Somerset Rover

Our posts were near identical lol. Kean tried to change Rhodes to fit his style, Black seems to be trying to change the style to suit Rhodes (if he has gone for Jerome that is)

Makes a lot of sense, if we get goals from Rhodes we should be near the top of the table come May.

As I said on mine, I think Black may had identified that to get the best out of Rhodes he needs a big strong partner up there with him.

Brilliant. Kalinic had the same issue, look how that turned out.

I can't think of any half decent striker that has that massive prerequisite to good performances. Jermaine Defoe used to be like that but he's done very well to improve his all round game over the last few years to enable him to play the lone striker role. Michael Owen had the issue and his career tailed off when 4-4-2 become a dead duck.

It's lazy management to resort to think you need a big lump to create scoring chances for your best striker. Either coach them to do strikers role properly or find another way to play. We'll be coming up against teams playing a version of 4-5-1 and we won't an answer because we're trying to accommodate one player.

Brilliant. Kalinic had the same issue, look how that turned out.

I can't think of any half decent striker that has that massive prerequisite to good performances. Jermaine Defoe used to be like that but he's done very well to improve his all round game over the last few years to enable him to play the lone striker role. Michael Owen had the issue and his career tailed off when 4-4-2 become a dead duck.

It's lazy management to resort to think you need a big lump to create scoring chances for your best striker. Either coach them to do strikers role properly or find another way to play. We'll be coming up against teams playing a version of 4-5-1 and we won't an answer because we're trying to accommodate one player.

Le Chuck we're not going to drop Best or Rhdoes post January are we? So we may as well start playing a 4-4-2, or similar formation, now so that the rest of the players can get used to it. Jerome would suit the Best role perfectly.

Le Chuck we're not going to drop Best or Rhdoes post January are we? So we may as well start playing a 4-4-2, or similar formation, now so that the rest of the players can get used to it. Jerome would suit the Best role perfectly.

I think we'll try to play them both together until it is realised that 4-4-2 leaves us too exposed, especially with our midfield.

I guess it could be argued it would be better to find that out sooner with Jerome...

• Backroom

Pulis has confirmed there has been talks over a 3 month deal

Can't help but think it would be a great move for us and just what we need with Rhodes till Best is fit

Pulis has confirmed there has been talks over a 3 month deal

Can't help but think it would be a great move for us and just what we need with Rhodes till Best is fit

How long is Best out for?

He was always one of those players that you just knew would score against us. We don't need someone to come in and scores 20 goals, just to help Jordan Rhodes

That just about covers any poor striker on a goal draught though.

It seems like a logical move. Kazim-Richards and Rochina are not strikers and Nuno Gomes is not up to playing 60-70 minutes regularly.

It also means that we will be able to keep a similar style when we put Best into the side.

Would be a great player to go along with Rhodes.

It whether we really need him, as I do like Nuno Gomes playing up with him and Rhodes has even stated this himself (which makes me wonder why we never followed this up by making them a partnership).

Think we need to focus on adding much needed pace to the side in all honesty as we lack this so much, it really hinders out attack.

Jerome also does lack in technical ability and its not really the strikers im worrying about its more the service.

Archived