yoda

222 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if we appointed Harry Redknapp

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He printed the Holloway story and that he has a release clause of £500k.

Now would you be kind enough to point of the 'bullshyte' in that?

Has it been confirmed that Holloway has a £500K release clause ? If so, it would be a price worth paying, IMO.

Naming a few things he's got right doesn't counter the argument that he's also spouted a load of crap too. As they say, a broken clock is still right twice a day.

Remember the £50m war chest he said Allardyce would get in Venky's first January window, which actually turned out to be a £5m payment in agenct fees and weird third party arrangements spent by Jerome Anderson on behalf of Steve Kean? Then there was the time he said Bentley was on the verge on signing a new contract shortly before he buggered off to Spurs.

I thought the nickoteens had left when he did.

I'll have to disagree with you here, sorry about that. It's true that nicko has gotten many things wrong, but it is also true that nicko has gotten many things right as well. While it is indeed wise to not take every single word that nicko writes as the gospel, it is also unfair to completely dismiss everything he writes. I would suggest that yes, we take what nicko says with a pinch of salt, but we shouldn't lambast and criticize everything he says to the extent of "persecution" (Kean's word is positive, Shebby Singh's word will now be persecuted!)

I'll have to disagree with you here, sorry about that. It's true that nicko has gotten many things wrong, but it is also true that nicko has gotten many things right as well. While it is indeed wise to not take every single word that nicko writes as the gospel, it is also unfair to completely dismiss everything he writes. I would suggest that yes, we take what nicko says with a pinch of salt, but we shouldn't lambast and criticize everything he says to the extent of "persecution" (Kean's word is positive, Shebby Singh's word will now be persecuted!)

Then you are agreeing with me sir, my point was never that he gets everything wrong, I was merely contradicting your last post that featured the things he got right which I took to be an implication that you believe everything he says.

Then you are agreeing with me sir, my point was never that he gets everything wrong, I was merely contradicting your last post that featured the things he got right which I took to be an implication that you believe everything he says.

Huh? My last post? I think you mixed me up with Blue n White Rover. My bad, I thought you were accusing everyone who took nicko seriously (different from believing every word he says, by the way) of being a nickoteen and calling nicko a broken clock. The guy isn't a broken clock, he just has a 50/50 chance of getting things right.

Huh? My last post? I think you mixed me up with Blue n White Rover. My bad, I thought you were accusing everyone who took nicko seriously (different from believing every word he says, by the way) of being a nickoteen and calling nicko a broken clock. The guy isn't a broken clock, he just has a 50/50 chance of getting things right.

Apoligies, yes I was referring to Blue n White Rovers post, but in fairness to me when I replied to him (which you then quoted) I started by saying....

Naming a few things he's got right doesn't counter the argument that he's also spouted a load of crap too

I said 'also', ergo he gets somethings right sure but also gets stuff wrong.

Here is an absolute gift horse for Venky's. This would give them the publicity they crave ( and would be a great appointment).

Id you can get that word to pune right quick they may take notice.

NM had not seen the rejection thread. Did not even know Hoddle had been approached, nice try at least.

Hmm,

Harry not persuadable by Shebby.

If Shebby goes, is he persuadable?

I get the impression that Harry Rednapp is in the frame because of Shebby Singh (who is a Tottenham Hotspurs fan as well). If Shebby Singh goes, I bet Derek Shaw et al will completely dismiss Rednapp and go for Ian Holloway instead. According to the Daily Mail, it was supposedly Shebby Singh who persuaded Rednapp to drop down to the Championship in the first place.

Will be shocked if this happens - I'm sure his agent will just be using us.

Why? Because if he hangs on for 3 months max, he will have a prem job - Also he loves the south coast

As for Nicko - stuff like £50m budgets, with the way our owners were chopping and changing their minds back then, it could well have been correct when he reported it. His info is still very good!

Poll is simplistic though as polls usually are. I'd not be happy because i think there'd be potential big problems in the pipeline if we didn't get promoted and perhaps even if we did. However, I'd take him over a lot of others who've been suggested.

Suprised you wrote that Yoda. We've hopefully just got shot of the influence of one bent cockney spiv.... we surely don't want another!!

You know as well as the rest of us the Redknapp would galvanise our players and help us to attract quality in January.

Even though there's no chance of him coming, sour grapes don't become you...!

• Backroom

how can i not when secretly part of me is still hoping

Then again last time I closed a thread it was about the Rhodes rumour after it died down

Maybe I should close it after all

• Moderation Lead

This is blatantly just Harrys camp taking advantage of rovers situation to let the southern teams know Arrys looking for a new job (ideally qpr i suspect), fair play to them but seriously folks it ain't gonna happen and you don't have to be itk to see that.

Indeed. Absolute pie in the sky horse sh1t for a change. Let's all get our hopes up really high only to be disappointed and let down AGAIN....

Archived