BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End queue for a pint

The topic is the speed and quality of customer service when buying a drink at half time. I'm not sure a procession of people pompously criticising the idea of getting one in the first place is particularly helpful to the topic either.

"pompously" hahaha, love it(probably the most ironic word in the dictionary).

We've given up trying to get beer from Riverside. Surely given that there's so few people in tge stadium we should be making it as easy as possible for them to spend money.

Last season our end of Riverside had 2 bars + man selling bottles + the thwaites bar, now theres just 1. Rubbish!!

I'm not so sure I'd like a pint to be poured for me a few minutes before I pop down to be fair!

It's not ideal but given the choice of waiting 2 mins for a pint that was standing for 5 mins on the shelf behind the bar, or the current 10-15 minute wait I know which I'd prefer.

What would have to be done to get served in the stands? Surely the problems which originally resulted in alcohol being banned in view of the field have been resolved? Why not just have an employee walk up and down the aisles selling beer, it would save the press in the concourse.

I'd suggest writing your member of parliament. If enough people push for it, they'll change the law.

What would have to be done to get served in the stands? Surely the problems which originally resulted in alcohol being banned in view of the field have been resolved? Why not just have an employee walk up and down the aisles selling beer, it would save the press in the concourse.

I'd suggest writing your member of parliament. If enough people push for it, they'll change the law.

No problem at Rugby League. I go to the RL Challenge Cup Final at Wembley every year ( best seats in the house of course) signal to the waiter and a pint or glass of wine appears.

At the end of the game I should be putting in a claim for RSI.

I would love to have a beer in my seat but I think that would require a change in the law and I would like to try and get the bar at Ewood right first. I never thought that the bar might be run by outside caterers. If it is then I suppose it is up to them to maximise their profits but if it is run by the club then it is something they could do for the fans without too much hassle.

Would this be something I could bring up with the Fans Forum? Queues at Football matches are a pain which I think could easily be eradicated.

Also if this thread doesn't achieve anything else it has brought up the word 'pompously' which I love.

The one thing Ewood Park doesn't need at the moment is the ability for people to drink whilst watching the games.

I'd say the opposite. The booers are still a minority, but they're so noticeable because the majority have taken to making no noise whatsoever. Most fans need some alcohol or an adrenaline shot or something to liven them up, the atmosphere at Ewood is diabolical Darwen End apart.

Archived