BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby on Sky Sports at 10:15 tonight

Tom

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me though his "Iw wasn't here" line holds no water when alongside it he's trying to say Venkys are investing and still going on about finding a young, unproven manager. The guy's a joke, that he occasionally throws him some token disagreement with Venkys counts for nothing. We've replaced one unqualified amateur in Anderson with another one in Singh. I wonder if John Williams ever dreamt he would be canned in favour of 2 such complete muppets.

I think that it is quite clear that if knock on their door, tell them you love their vision, agree to anything and sell your soul...you will get yourself a well-paid, steady job at Rovers. Anyone with an ounce of common sense, experience or opinion won't get a look in.

To me though his "Iw wasn't here" line holds no water when alongside it he's trying to say Venkys are investing and still going on about finding a young, unproven manager. The guy's a joke, that he occasionally throws him some token disagreement with Venkys counts for nothing. We've replaced one unqualified amateur in Anderson with another one in Singh. I wonder if John Williams ever dreamt he would be canned in favour of 2 such complete muppets.

What can he say? What do you expect him to say? He can hardly turn around and say "Yeah we sacked Sam because Mr X told us that Kean would be a better manager and would be less osbstructive to bringing in the quality players that Mr X thought we should be buying" can he. He also is never going to turn around a slag off his employers like he should do. Therefore the "I wasn't here' line was the best form of defence.

As Tom said it's a crying shame those questions were never put to Kean when he was on one of his little excursions to the sky sports studio.

Don't get me wrong. He still bumbles around to state either the obvious or something completely unrelated, and he still looks embarrassing infront of a camera. However his answers were a lot less controversial / dumb than they could have been.

There were some underhand digs by the presenter jones towards rovers fans.

Firstly he suggested there was a snobbery to venkys because they are chicken farmers and not a steel magnate (ie jack walker). Jason brown put him straight on that.

Secondly, they were talking about the vile chanting directed at sheff weds manager dave jones. Shebby was throwing his two penneth in, and the presenter stated 'well you have had the chanting at blackburn, shebby'. he impliedly compared our protests to the vile chants of Leeds fans. Cretin.

They were less dumb than they could have been? He sounded clueless throughout. Brown was cringing at the stupidity of some of his answers and the host seemed permanently amused by the whole thing. Bloody hell I would be too if it wasn't my club he was making look a joke.

I did feel the presenter was defending the club and poking fun at the fools that have toyed with it now.

Respect to Jason Brown, it's a shame he didn't keep pressing Singh because he definitely has a bag full of slip-ups in him.

I did feel the presenter was defending the club and poking fun at the fools that have toyed with it now.

Respect to Jason Brown, it's a shame he didn't keep pressing Singh because he definitely has a bag full of slip-ups in him.

To be honest Brown and the other guy were struggling to get a word in edgeways over Shabby's rambling nonsensical monologues. Which I'm guessing was the tactic. There was the familiar Venky and friends policy of deliberately phrasing things in a vague but reasonable manner instead of answering straight questions with straight answers.

Thankfully, Shebby didn't come over half as badly as he might have done because he did a passable job of saying something without really saying anything at all, and was sat next to Jason Brown who just came over like a whinging knob. Empty vessels and all that.

When Brown was complaining about the recent investigation into Terry taking too long Brendan Batson patiently explained to him at least twice that the Police had requested that the FA take no action of their own until the Criminal case had concluded for fear of prejudicing the Court case. Brown took no notice of anything Batson had to say and just ploughed on with his agenda regardless.

In comparison to both of them the excellent Brendan Batson came over like an intellectual genius. Although it's a shame that when Brown was whinging about Gareth Southgate being given special dispensation to manage without having his coaching badges and that would never happen to a black player, Batson didn't put him straight by pointing out that Paul Ince was given special dispensation to manage by the Premier League without having completed his coaching badges. You would have assumed Batson would have known that.

When the conversation thankfully turned briefly to Rovers and the search for a manager, there was implied confirmation of what has been posted on here many times that out of the 3 different types of manager Shebby identified he finds the "next big thing" the "most interesting".

The most interesting part of the programme for me was him confirming that we'd have a new manager by "the middle of next week" "definitely"..

Shebby made a real rod for his own back there. He doesn't have too much credibility as things stand but if that doesn't come to pass,any he does have will be completely shot.

I didn't watch the programme but reading that Shebby said we will have a new manager by the middle of next week tells me that the deal could well be done. By that I mean compensation agreed (if he is already employed) and the contract agreed. So what would the problem be by having him at the game tomorrow and taking charge on Monday.

Or has Shebby dropped another clod and opened his mouth prematurely.

You can't blame the presenter for asking difficult questions, he is a journalist and these are the questions that the viewers would want asked. When he asked about racial undertones I think he was speaking about the football community in general, including Rovers fans, and Shebby took this to mean Rovers fans and shamefully failed to defend us. Good job Jason was there to put him straight. Good on yer mate.

Shebby set himself up for a fall by stating that a new manager would definitely be in place for mid-week. How he can say that I have no idea as he earlier said that he prefered his option 3 which would exclude Olly and Arry of the recently named top candidates. As usual we are non the wiser after public pronouncements by a Rovers representative.

I didn't watch the programme but reading that Shebby said we will have a new manager by the middle of next week tells me that the deal could well be done. By that I mean compensation agreed (if he is already employed) and the contract agreed. So what would the problem be by having him at the game tomorrow and taking charge on Monday.

Or has Shebby dropped another clod and opened his mouth prematurely.

At the same time as saying that there will be a new manager next week "definitely", he was saying he was still interviewing.

When he asked about racial undertones I think he was speaking about the football community in general, including Rovers fans, and Shebby took this to mean Rovers fans and shamefully failed to defend us. Good job Jason was there to put him straight. Good on yer mate.

Shebby Singh did not take this to mean Rovers fans, and he was trying to tell them that we employed Paul Ince and had no discrimination against black managers whatsoever. I think you misunderstood something. I couldn't even hear much from Shebby Singh as the other two were always interrupting him and calling him naive when he said the post was open to all managers regardless of race or color.

Never mind, I think I missed that part, will go watch the interview again. By the way, alexanders, if you have a facebook account, you can watch the interview on Ewood Park's Finest Reloaded's wall. Someone posted it there.

You can't blame the presenter for asking difficult questions, he is a journalist and these are the questions that the viewers would want asked. When he asked about racial undertones I think he was speaking about the football community in general, including Rovers fans, and Shebby took this to mean Rovers fans and shamefully failed to defend us. Good job Jason was there to put him straight. Good on yer mate.

The interviewer directly asked if there were racial undertones behind the issues with fans at Ewood, wasn't a general question at all. But yes, Jason had to say what Shebby should have

The interviewer directly asked if there were racial undertones behind the issues with fans at Ewood, wasn't a general question at all. But yes, Jason had to say what Shebby should have

Been said before why didn't the presenter ask similar tough questions to Kean when he was spouting off on Sky, looks to me like he was trying to ambush Shebby, but good on Jason for sticking up for us.

A bucket with a face painted on it could do his job better.

What kind of a bucket?

Is it an experienced bucket that has been carrying liquids capably for years, or an intermediate bucket that has had some success carrying liquids (but does have lots of little holes in it), or a brand new kind of bucket (with a huge hole in the top and bottom)?

What kind of a bucket?

Is it an experienced bucket that has been carrying liquids capably for years, or an intermediate bucket that has had some success carrying liquids (but does have lots of little holes in it), or a brand new kind of bucket (with a huge hole in the top and bottom)?

Brilliant!

Archived