BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Watford Preview

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult to call as Watford so unpredictable.

Will go for a convincing win either way !!!

Dread to think what the 'real' gate will be.

Five posts to date on tomorrow's match sums up the apathy.

I'm looking forward to his game as I have been led to believe that Franz Beckenbaur has been tempted out of retirement by Shebby, not just as manager, but as player/manager!

I can't tell you any more obviously, except that this info is absolutely spot on. I heard it from someone I trust a lot, who was told by a close friend of his, who overheard it in the gents in the Fox and Hounds. You can't get much more nailed on that that. Stone cold facts.

I'm looking forward to his game as I have been led to believe that Franz Beckenbaur has been tempted out of retirement by Shebby, not just as manager, but as player/manager!

I can't tell you any more obviously, except that this info is absolutely spot on. I heard it from someone I trust a lot, who was told by a close friend of his, who overheard it in the gents in the Fox and Hounds. You can't get much more nailed on that that. Stone cold facts.

Actually it is Pele, the portuguese conection and all that

I think it may be boring too. Hopefully things will change and the players will be galvanised when a new man comes in. They can't seem to get going at all. When they do, they look dangerous. I just wish they'd do it more regularly and have the confidence. They are good enough to walk a lot of teams in this division. Until a new man comes in I can't see that changing dramatically unless they get a proper kick up the backside. In the meantime the crowd should cheer them on to get the most out of them and get as many points in as possible before the new man comes in to improve our chances. I was pleased with the claps for Lowe towards the end of the game on Wednesday. Maybe the fans are on the brink of being won around enough to drag the players along as well. That isn't won around about the situation of course, because it isn't a good situation, but won around enough to get behind the team and really encourage them and give them a bit of confidence.

This is one of those fixtures which, when Kean got us relegated, typified the Championship for me. Like, er, "Watford? What are they all about?"

I originally had other plans for the weekend which have now fallen through so I could go to the game, if only I could motivate myself. But then I think, "Watford? What are they all about?" And I listen to the weather forecast and don't fancy being one of about 12,000 or 13,000 in Ewood on a cold Saturday afternoon watching Rovers & Waford. I mean; what are they all about?

I've just had a look on their website and there's only a couple of names I recognise: Manuel Almunia [ex-Arsenal] in goal; and Chris Iwelumo a "much-travelled striker" [ex-Dingles & ex-Wolves] for whom Watford are his 13th senior professional club, including 1 in Germany and 1 in Denmark. Funnily enough, although they're 10 places below us, they're only 4 points behind us.

So, my apologies for absence from this meeting; I'll be thinking of you younger ones whose blood isn't as thin as mine, who live closer to the ground and don't have to rely on public transport to get to Ewood. I reckon we'll win by the odd goal.

Which probably means it'll be an absolutely brilliant game - we'll wallop them about 5-0 and I'll curse myself for not having more faith.

I hope we use the same formation 4-2-3-1 with two changes from last game:

Formica in, Dunn out (if injured)

Pedersen in, Olsson out

If we want a more attacking side, Olsson should start instead of Hanley and Nuno Gomes can play behind Rhodes.

2-2 We go 1 up quite early then decide to sit back. Watford score just after the break and in the 70th min and we rely on Robinson to launch a free kick into the box in the 91st min causing watford keeper to flap at it and Givet to nob home into an empty net

I think it's going to be another tough one to watch, not pretty at all, but i'll go 1 - 0 to Rovers.

Whilst we are managerless, you can't really ask anything more from the team other than to win and I think Watford will be quite flat after Tuesday's exploits where they were down to nine men and conceded in the last minute. Can't see a huge away following either.

In terms of team selection Pedersen has to start, would be good to see a rejuvenated Danny Murphy in there as well, this game against a tired team might well be the match he's been waiting for to kick on. Etuhu and Dunn to drop out of Wednesday's line-up.

I think it's going to be another tough one to watch, not pretty at all, but i'll go 1 - 0 to Rovers.

Whilst we are managerless, you can't really ask anything more from the team other than to win and I think Watford will be quite flat after Tuesday's exploits where they were down to nine men and conceded in the last minute. Can't see a huge away following either.

In terms of team selection Pedersen has to start, would be good to see a rejuvenated Danny Murphy in there as well, this game against a tired team might well be the match he's been waiting for to kick on. Etuhu and Dunn to drop out of Wednesday's line-up.

Etuhu is our best midfielder by a country mile. Really don't understand the love in with Lowe. However Black doesn't seem to be over-enamoured with Murphy so I wouldn't expect there to be any changes from Wednesday other than those enforced by injury.

Still don't understand what Gomes has done to be excluded. Must have run over Black's cat. Hopefully if Rochina starts Rhodes won't be quite as isolated, but it'll be up to the rest of them to ensure that neither are isolated.

Is Nunes fit? Would definitely play him ahead of CKR at the moment.

Archived