BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Watford Preview

I believe we were in this division in September when you said that.

Hanley is and always will be shyte.

Is there any need to be quite so scathing about an International young player who has come through our ranks?

On the positive side, at least this CKR farce happened in a game in October, which we went on to win anyway, rather then a play-off semi or the like.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Black outlined a game or so a lack of confidence running through the squad. To me it looks as if has organised us and is encouraging us to play the ball and retain possession. Anyone noticed how Robbo throws it out to a full back now?

I thought we dominated possession, played some neat stuff, but we just need to be a bit sharper. I mean people taking a touch to control the all when they could be speeding the game up just moving it on at times- Rochina was excellent today! He is often thinking one step ahead and played some lovely creative passes. Granted he goes missing occasionally but his attacking prowess more than make up for his short falls there.

Lowe was excellent, enjoyed Pedersens long range passing today too. Dann seems to get better every game too.

I feel very enthusiastic. I enjoy the games more in the championship.. More of a level playing field!

Absolute tripe. The standard of football in this league is abysmal.

Sat in the riverside today, first time since I was yards away from being totally taken out by a falling metal girder. Brought back memories of the great ronnie Clayton, Mike England, Bryan Douglas, Andy McEvoy and just a thought too for John Connelly. Memories too of the best rovers display I've ever seen - beating Spurs 7-2.

Oh how we've fallen. There was nothing to see today, not one individual player worth watching. To think of the players we've had in recent years as well - and virtually every one of them sold with the blessing of some of our fans.

I can't see what any new manager can do with the present squad, that Black's not currently trying. There's no flair, no pace, no threat. Just a lot of lads trying their best but with the best will in the world, nowhere near the quality of those before them.

You could be onto something here - it might possibly explain why we are in the Championship and not in the top 6 of the Prem

who ever gets the managers job needs to have a good look at jason lowe and ask what on earth does he bring to the team. he was static for 89 mins and when he finally made a run in the 90th minute he pulled a hamstring.also the few morons who boo danny murphy when he came on shame on you no rovers player should ever be booed.

Oh how we've fallen. There was nothing to see today, not one individual player worth watching. To think of the players we've had in recent years as well - and virtually every one of them sold with the blessing of some of our fans.

I can't see what any new manager can do with the present squad, that Black's not currently trying. There's no flair, no pace, no threat. Just a lot of lads trying their best but with the best will in the world, nowhere near the quality of those before them.

I will reiterate my feelings on what I have seen to date,if we do get promotion this current side will virtually need replacing or face a pasting every game in the Prem.

This is another topic, but the booing of Danny Murphy today was disgraceful. I was in the Darwen End and a large percentage of those booing were from there. "Best rovers fans?" Pathetic

There was a wall of boos from the BBE....disgraceful.

As for the game all I can say is what load of crap. This team is notngood enough for the Premiership, another absolute crap performance.

The gate was given as 13,200. Who makes these figures up? 200 from Watford and Rovers 1/3 full.....you are having a laugh, I reckon it was just over 10,000.

As for the game all I can say is what load of crap. This team is notngood enough for the Premiership, another absolute crap performance.

The gate was given as 13,200. Who makes these figures up? 200 from Watford and Rovers 1/3 full.....you are having a laugh, I reckon it was just over 10,000.

hahaha how was that "disgraceful" if thats the case so was the booing/chanting for Kean!!! :wstu:

For the same reasons you could put forward fo not booing Murphy you could attibuted to not booing Kean.

Just saying double standards!! Only one direction Boo's should be going and that is singh and Venkys.

I will reiterate my feelings on what I have seen to date,if we do get promotion this current side will virtually need replacing or face a pasting every game in the Prem.

Glad it's not just me.

It's not true to say there was a "wall of boos from the BBE". I was sat right in the middle of the lower tier and, while there were some idiots jeering, most of us made a concerted effort to drown them out with loud applause when Murphy came on. There was quite a lot of abuse for Kazim-Richards when he missed the penalty though..!

You're right about the attendance though. Couldn't have been much beyond 10,000.

It's not true to say there was a "wall of boos from the BBE". I was sat right in the middle of the lower tier and, while there were some idiots jeering, most of us made a concerted effort to drown them out with loud applause when Murphy came on. There was quite a lot of abuse for Kazim-Richards when he missed the penalty though..!

You're right about the attendance though. Couldn't have been much beyond 10,000.

Fair enough if you were in the BBE, although it did sound loud I recognise there was also applause. As for the gate I cannot understand why they would make it up unless Agnew and pals do not want the situation at Rovers to sound any more desperate than it really is.

Kazim Richards' atitude for 90% today was appalling.

All about him as if he's some worldie amongst a team of journeymen and his petulant demanding of the ball for the pen summed him up.

Let's face it, he's bang average at best.

Poor game, no pace in the side and our tempo with the ball is painfully slow. However, if we can limp through to January still in contention, the new manager may just be able to add the necessary personnel to get us up.

It's going to be tough though, this squad has a lot of weak links.

Much room for improvement, but certainly not abysmal. Good three points, another clean sheet and progressing nicely in the league. Hopefully a new man in for the next game. For the doomsdayers I recommend enjoying your weekend. We've had two wins and two clean sheets this week. Have a night off the depression for once.

As for 'Jordan Rhodes, he scores when he wants', it'd be more accurate to say he scores when Kazim-Richards lets him.

Classy booing from some fans as per usual.

Nope its both their own faults that they are rubbish, you felt it ok to hound Kean (put in charge by Venkys) so why is it not ok to hound Murphy?

Because Murphy isn't on TV telling us how brilliant he is, how he's going to be the best player in the league and that everything is hunky dory at the club whilst personally being involved in removing the successful parts of the club bit by bit which could ultimately lead to financial disaster.

Agreed. His career in this country certainly tells you as much. I don't know how much success he had abroad but Derbyshire was a cult hero in Greece and he's now plying his trade at Oldham.

Is Olsson not quick? Is Rhodes not a threat?

Because Murphy isn't on TV telling us how brilliant he is, how he's going to be the best player in the league and that everything is hunky dory at the club whilst personally being involved in removing the successful parts of the club bit by bit which could ultimately lead to financial disaster.

But he is playing like he has never seen a football before, Pedersen, Andrews got booed for not playing as bad as Murphy.

Not saying its ok to Boo any players/manager.

But people think because Kean has gone so have our problems - how naive!!

Kean was never the problem it was/is Venkys.

All about him as if he's some worldie amongst a team of journeymen and his petulant demanding of the ball for the pen summed him up.

Poor game, no pace in the side and our tempo with the ball is painfully slow. However, if we can limp through to January still in contention, the new manager may just be able to add the necessary personnel to get us up.

It's going to be tough though, this squad has a lot of weak links.

Nothing to do with the penalty miss, even Shearer missed one at southampton ..

But Richards shouldn't be anywhere near the squad let alone the team/..

Brings nothing to the team at all , get rid..

Orr ,same as Richards and probably Etuthu ,I find it incredible he was signed on a 4yr deal ,sheer lunacy !

But people think because Kean has gone so have our problems - how naive!!

Who thinks all of our problems have gone? Do you read the forum? Have you not seen the tirade against the club for the non-appointment of a manager? Have you not seen the views of the majority of people on the way we are playing as a team and as individuals? However booing players won't help.

Not saying its ok to Boo any players/manager.

Yes you are. Someone said it was disgraceful booing Murphy. You said:-

hahaha how was that "disgraceful"

But Richards shouldn't be anywhere near the squad let alone the team/..

I'd have him down as a possible starter, usually playing sometimes on the bench depending on form. Who would you play on the right wing?

He's a decent player but today wasn't a great day for him.

People seem to be deciding already that he's no good. On his day he can be, but people will forget that now. With Murphy off the pitch we need a villain.

Archived