BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bits of the prem you don't miss?

Dunnfc

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great question!

Answer? Nothing and everything.

Our complete ineptitude throughout ruins any thoughts of wanting to play, e.g. Chelsea at home. Whereas once upon a time Paul Dickov and Shefki Kuqi et al would guarantee we'd give them a game. We have replaced an established Premier League squad with, by and large, sub standard rubbish.

A pint for the man or woman who can name our six Portuguese summer signings. No cheating, not that you can be arsed in all fairness.

I miss it all.

The Championship is woeful.

Evening Brads. We deserve it. 5th an all.

I've seen zero quality to date. Nowt. Rhodes can finish. Er, erm, Sheff Weds right winger was lively, erm,.... Nope, I agree, it's garbage. Surprisingly so, it wasn't this bad last time.

Edino,nunes,Henrique,rosado,gomes,jorge

I miss the feeling of being pround beating the likes of manutd and Liverpool at home.

Final countdown playing whilst tugay and nelsen wave at the fans prior to kick off. Souness clapping too.

I feel depressed now so kean I can hear the wind louder than our fans

I don't miss MOTD and taking note of the mindless gushing of all the commentators. I haven't seen or listened to any PL football since relegation

I do miss the atmosphere. Yesterday was awful. For most of the match one could hear individual voices from the crowd. It was easy to hear players shouting even sat in the JW. Terrible.

Premier league sycophants in the press and media.

I miss it all.

The Championship is woeful.

Your resolute support for Kean and the Venkys fully deserves it.

Evening Brads. We deserve it. 5th an all.

I've seen zero quality to date. Nowt. Rhodes can finish. Er, erm, Sheff Weds right winger was lively, erm,.... Nope, I agree, it's garbage. Surprisingly so, it wasn't this bad last time.

God knows what Div 2 and 3 are like! How some of these guys earn big money and are not part timers on a few quid a week beggars belief! Professional football can't go on financially as it is.

God knows what Div 2 and 3 are like! How some of these guys earn big money and are not part timers on a few quid a week beggars belief! Professional football can't go on financially as it is.

I went to Morecambe a couple of weeks back and the game was far better than the recent ones I have seen involving Rovers: v MK Dons, Forest, Wednesday and Watford.

The whole pretence that football is somehow important:

the endless replays of every incident from 10 different angles;

the mind-numbing debates about was there or wasn't there contact;

the week-long media frenzy over whether or not Player X will shake hands with Player Y.

At least in the lower divisions, away from the spotlight, you're not bombarded with football. You only watch if you genuinely give a toss about the game and your club.

(I haven't watched a single game this season, nor do I intend to, and I feel much better for having broken the habit of a lifetime)

Archived