BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bits of the prem you don't miss?

Dunnfc

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea pal. My sense of humour has slowly been eroded since the day Venky's started destroying the club :)

Ah, I quite understand how you feel. For me, my sense of humor has slowly sunk down to dark humor. :)

Now that Berg's come in, maybe I should start a shift toward cold jokes.

Pulis, Pardew, Ferguson, Wenger, AVB and Rodgers.

Ashley Young, Rooney, Nani, Evra, Rio, Welbeck, Terry, Ivanovic, Hart, Huddlestone, Wilshere, Agbonlahor, Gerrard, Suarez, Andy Johnson and Alcaraz.

Also the majority of Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and United fans.

How overrated it is in the context of European football by the British Media eg "Napoli are no better than an average Premier League team" or "Arturo Vidal (the Juventus player), why isn't he playing in the Premier League?"

Gloryseekers, being last on Match of the Day, having the woman commentator on MOTD (although that was years ago now), not having our full highlights shown on MOTD, listening to Shearer, Lawrenson or Keown on MOTD, not winning Goal of the Month on MOTD when Pedersen's, Tugay's, Bentley's etc was clearly the best and how Rooney's overhead kick was apparently the greatest ever goal scored in the Premier League.

Don't miss....

The fact finishing 4th is somehow a major achievement.

The all round arrogance of the big city clubs and the vast majority of their fans who watch their games down the pub on Sunday afternoon.

The fawning media towards these clubs.

The hangers on who contribute nothing but take bucket loads out of the industry, e.g. Vince Grella and his ilk, the MOTD pundits, most of the FA Panel.

• Moderation Lead

Any of the MOTD panel, glory-hunting 'fans' of clubs. Sky's one-eyed coverage, with occasional SEM influence......

The fact that finishing 4th is seen as an achievement, and not enough teams have the mettle to challenge for the title....

• Backroom

Never understood why it's considered the best league in the world. The best league would surely be the most competitive league that still plays to a high standard. The best league imo is the German Bundesliga. Italy is more competitive imo too.

Altho Spain has the 2club monopoly over the title, it's champs league qualifying teams remain more varied than England.

The only reason England is 'the best' is the money involved.

Never understood why it's considered the best league in the world. The best league would surely be the most competitive league that still plays to a high standard.

Always gotta smile when Sky or the Beeb cream themselves over a David & Goliath match signifying the 'beauty' of the Premier League. If the PL's become more "competitive" it's because the top teams are a shadow of themselves. In spite of that, it's still as predictable as ever. To be honest, I only want us there from a financial perspective. A club of our size can't afford to dip out for too long.

• Backroom

Always gotta smile when Sky or the Beeb cream themselves over a David & Goliath match signifying the 'beauty' of the Premier League. If the PL's become more "competitive" it's because the top teams are a shadow of themselves. In spite of that, it's still as predictable as ever. To be honest, I only want us there from a financial perspective. A club of our size can't afford to dip out for too long.

Well said. I'd actually argue I enjoy the Bundesliga far more. It's everything I imagine the old first division to be like. Fast paced, no-nonsense tackling, very little diving, refs that allow the games to flow etc. Very entertaining. More so than the most recent 'Super Sunday' was, for sure!

• Backroom

Seems to have reigned in the falling over now that referees have cottoned on to the fact he's a prolific diver and are now even failing to give him penalties if he's legitimately fouled. As a result it's easier to watch him play.

I cannot bear looking at the Premier League table at present because Sam Allardyce's West Ham United are now in 6th place and challenging for a place in Europe. But for the Indian fcukwits that would be us.

I wonder if they and coco look at it

I cannot bear looking at the Premier League table at present because Sam Allardyce's West Ham United are now in 6th place and challenging for a place in Europe. But for the Indian fcukwits that would be us.

No thats completely wrong. WHU have better players who can gain points by varying the tactical emphasis and allowing Allardyce to mix it up a bit. Under Sam we'd be between 8th and 14th as usual and playing a game more based more on long ball with the type of players we can afford and employing the tactic of keeping it in the air where the better teams hate it. However assuming the kamakazi Indian lunatics had kept Sam and JW together the small matter of bankruptcy / insolvency would not even be a fleeting thought in the mind of PhilipL.

The lad is an absolute joy to watch. That goal against Newcastle was nothing short of amazing. You will never see a goal like that in the championship. You can hate him all you want, but I love watching that lad play. Superb talent.

If he'd pushed a Rovers player like he did to equalise yesterday I'd be fuming. The guy can't help but cheat.

He may have great technical ability but there's not much to like about him.

Archived