BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bits of the prem you don't miss?

Dunnfc

If he'd pushed a Rovers player like he did to equalise yesterday I'd be fuming. The guy can't help but cheat.

He may have great technical ability but there's not much to like about him.

Nonsense. He can't help but cheat? Stupid remark.

The lad has been given an unfair ride by the media. He gets an 8 game ban but the Saint Terry only gets 4. Take a look at the media headlines when Suarez got banned and when Terry got banned. Massive difference.

He dived against Stoke and possibly one or 2 more. He falls theatrically, yes, however it usually is a foul if he goes down normally. Garage Bale is worst than Suarez at diving, but why isn't he touted as a cheat in the media?

The lad is a joy to watch and I for one, am very grateful to have seen him play in the PL.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lad has been given an unfair ride by the media. He gets an 8 game ban but the Saint Terry only gets 4. Take a look at the media headlines when Suarez got banned and when Terry got banned. Massive difference.

It appears JT might have been subject to some Divine intervention yesterday...... unless God really is a Liverpool fan. ^_^

He dived against Stoke and possibly one or 2 more. He falls theatrically, yes, however it usually is a foul if he goes down normally. Garage Bale is worst than Suarez at diving, but why isn't he touted as a cheat in the media?

The lad is a joy to watch and I for one, am very grateful to have seen him play in the PL.

I take it you didn't see his goal yesterday?

I love though that I'm having to defend my comments in relation to something I don't miss about the PL.

I'm very glad for you that you enjoy watching him play, as I said he is a gifted footballer, but I don't think my comments are "stupid" or "nonsense" in relation to his consistent behaviour in terms of trying to influence the referee (diving) and to blatantly bending the rules (e.g. the incredible push for this goal yesterday). There may be other examples, they may be British, but I'd say he is one of the most persistent.

I love though that I'm having to defend my comments in relation to something I don't miss about the PL.

I'm very glad for you that you enjoy watching him play, as I said he is a gifted footballer, but I don't think my comments are "stupid" or "nonsense" in relation to his consistent behaviour in terms of trying to influence the referee (diving) and to blatantly bending the rules (e.g. the incredible push for this goal yesterday). There may be other examples, they may be British, but I'd say he is one of the most persistent.

I did see his goal yesterday, and yes there was a push. He's a striker, he'll push and shove in order to get the ball in the back of the net, like you would expect from any Rovers striker. It isn't his fault the ref didn't pull him up. He got the ball in the back of the net and it stood. Job done for him.

You say he dives, other than the Stoke dive this season, where else has he dived? (Oh, and I'm not letting you have the dive in front of Moyes). He falls theatrically when he is fouled, but that doesn't make it a dive.

You're easily influenced by the media it seems.

Gareth Bale is a lot worse than Suarez, yet he's never victimised.

Oh and this is what I meant about the media...

Su%C3%A1rez-Terry+Mirror+Back+Pages.jpg

I did see his goal yesterday, and yes there was a push. He's a striker, he'll push and shove in order to get the ball in the back of the net, like you would expect from any Rovers striker. It isn't his fault the ref didn't pull him up. He got the ball in the back of the net and it stood. Job done for him.

You say he dives, other than the Stoke dive this season, where else has he dived? (Oh, and I'm not letting you have the dive in front of Moyes). He falls theatrically when he is fouled, but that doesn't make it a dive.

You're easily influenced by the media it seems.

Gareth Bale is a lot worse than Suarez, yet he's never victimised.

Oh and this is what I meant about the media...

Su%C3%A1rez-Terry+Mirror+Back+Pages.jpg

Seeing that top left article shows why you should never trust a word they print anyway

I agree with you. He's a blatant diver, much like M Owen, the entire Arsenal team, and many, many other players. You cant justify it by saying others do it too. The biggest problem is that if it's proven by TV that a player has dived he should get a 1 match ban, 2 for 2nd offence and so on. It would stamp the majority out very, very quickly.

Suarez is easily good enough to not need to do it too.

Mark Hughes is not riding the luck at QPR. He has very good players such as Taarabt, Granero, Cisse, Philips, Hoilett, Mbia.

He should not be rock bottom with that team.

He needs more battle in midfield.

5 out of the above 6 are attack minded players. The other (Mbia) is a centre half. Also some of those players just aren't adept/lack motivation to fulfil their defensive duties in any event, notwithstanding that they are in a relegation threatened side.

Yes, they have Diakite playing, but besides that they are too attack minded. Fair enough, they have had loads of injuries, but I think that Shaun Derry should be employed to help to break up play (notwithstanding his limitations).

I'm really surprised that Hughes is favouring style over substance in the circumstances.

All IMHO, of course.

• Backroom

Apart from the tv coverage I don't particular miss any of it

It's a shame to see the likes of Wade Elliot rather than Wayne Rooney at Ewood but I still watch quite a bit of footy on tv for my fix of that.

Honestly I've personally enjoyed the games this season as much as I have any as a collective since probably Hughes reign (lets be honest as an isolated case Liverpool at home in Keans first few months was as enjoyable as any game in years) even with the drab atmosphere and similar quality of football

Weird

The other (Mbia) is a centre half.

Hardly, he's a versatile player and his best position is as a defensive midfielder. If you want to look at it that way, the first position that he consistently held down was at right back, but he's not one of those either.

Hardly, he's a versatile player and his best position is as a defensive midfielder. If you want to look at it that way, the first position that he consistently held down was at right back, but he's not one of those either.

If they're struggling for a right back I can recommend one that is familiar with the Loftus Road turf!

Archived