BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers home gates...are Rovers "fiddling" the figures?

You recover by building from the base up, letting the kids in free or for a £1 at most and hoping they get into the habit of attending over the years. It's true that Venky's have thrown away in the past 2 years all the good work to build up the club and the support base over the past 20 years.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You recover by building from the base up, letting the kids in free or for a £1 at most and hoping they get into the habit of attending over the years. It's true that Venky's have thrown away in the past 2 years all the good work to build up the club and the support base over the past 20 years.

+1

I agree there Jim, trouble is our decline isn't over yet.

Where's all the pricks that were coming back when Kean went?

You really need to be careful before using terms like that. We renewed our tickets when kean left but weren't there yesterday because it's half term and we're on holiday. Maybe others haven't renewed but some who said they would have

It actually makes more sense for the boycotters to stay away until Venky's prove they're willing to run the club properly than by coming back the moment they sacked Kean. Just saying.

It would make more sense indeed.

Had they not said as soon as Kean had gone they'd be back.

So now they just look a bit silly.

I don't see how they look silly. I don’t recall lots of people on this message board actually saying they would definitely come back if Kean went and only a minority of the total fan base actually visit Rovers message boards.

It's pretty clear that to those stay away fans that getting rid of Kean wasn't the ‘be all and end all’ and who Venky's appoint next is just as important.

My reading.

At least 5,000 supporters have been lost forever.

The real gates under Kean were around 10,000 and Wolves went up to a real figure of 17,000

The fart arsing about since Kean left has done nothing to consolidate the Wolves gain so the everybody back to Ewood effort has to restart under a new manager everyone believes in- a Shebby poodle is NOT somebody everyone believes in.

For what it is worth, I made it to the Watford game and my guess is the gate was overstated by at least 2,000.

Clearly you are too young to know what happened after the 1960 Cup Final. I think you'll find alot more than 5,000 fans disappeared and never returned.

Correct, It took a member of my family until the full members cup final to return

I sincerely hope you are right.

Unfortunately, the history of Rovers' support points to you being very wrong.

Are you saying it's a problem with the supporters then? After all, anybody who refuses to watch the Rovers after they had reached an FA Cup final (beating Burnley on the way) and were beaten by an in form team, after a season of returning to the top flight and consolidating their position (albeit somewhat underwhelmingly) for decades seems a little reactionary to me. Unless there are any other factors you can enlighten me with (I presume there will be) in which case I'd be interested to hear as I know very little about this era.

who asked you dog breath, the same person started going to the Rovers in 1937 up to 1960

Wowza, blast from the past insult. Thanks for that.

edit - RE1960

Ah, looks like the fans weren't happy at all and were somewhat bad losers. A shame.

Are you saying it's a problem with the supporters then? After all, anybody who refuses to watch the Rovers after they had reached an FA Cup final (beating Burnley on the way) and were beaten by an in form team, after a season of returning to the top flight and consolidating their position (albeit somewhat underwhelmingly) for decades seems a little reactionary to me. Unless there are any other factors you can enlighten me with (I presume there will be) in which case I'd be interested to hear as I know very little about this era.

You havn't a clue have you, the person in question was a season tickect holder for most of the years quoted and could not get a cup final ticket, yet players and directors were selling cup final tickets ad hoc for a high price.

Why don't you learn a bit about the history of Blackburn Rovers instead of spouting rubbish

You havn't a clue have you, the person in question was a season tickect holder for most of the years quoted and could not get a cup final ticket, yet players and directors were selling cup final tickets ad hoc for a high price.

Why don't you learn a bit about the history of Blackburn Rovers instead of spouting rubbish

Fair enough. I did ask for any other factors to be outlined to me, as you have done. I don't see the problem.

On the surface it seems if somebody doesn't go to a game after losing in the FA Cup final and then doesn't go again until another cup final a few decades later that it could all be about the glory. But, after asking for more information, it turns out that this is not the case. What's the problem good Sir? I even said I'd presumed there were other factors.

edit - RE1960

Ah, looks like the fans weren't happy at all and were somewhat bad losers. A shame.

Go away dingle

Fair enough. I did ask for any other factors to be outlined to me, as you have done. I don't see the problem.

On the surface it seems if somebody doesn't go to a game after losing in the FA Cup final and then doesn't go again until another cup final a few decades later that it could all be about the glory. But, after asking for more information, it turns out that this is not the case. What's the problem good Sir? I even said I'd presumed there were other factors.

you just confirmed how stupid you are, they didn't go to the Final because they could not get a ticket despite being season ticket hoders for many years, yet players and directors were selling them openly for a vast profit.

Archived