BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers home gates...are Rovers "fiddling" the figures?

you just confirmed how stupid you are, they didn't go to the Final because they could not get a ticket despite being season ticket hoders for many years, yet players and directors were selling them openly for a vast profit.

Yes. I'm aware of that. If you read my post I acknowledge the further info you gave me. My reference to not seeing the problem is about why you have such a big problem with what just unfolded. Not a problem with what happened in 1960. That's plain to see.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. I'm aware of that. If you read my post I acknowledge the further info you gave me. My reference to not seeing the problem is about why you have such a big problem with what just unfolded. Not a problem with what happened in 1960. That's plain to see.

What?

you just confirmed how stupid you are, they didn't go to the Final because they could not get a ticket despite being season ticket hoders for many years, yet players and directors were selling them openly for a vast profit.

Yoda, there is no point arguing with someone who has no knowledge of the subject they are talking about. I suspect that braddock is merely a looking to get a reaction from you. His initial comment was to doubt what philipl had said about supporters not returning. Sadly, Venkys haven't realised yet that if you treat customers with contempt they will turn their backs on you for good. It has happened before and I suspect we are seeing it happen again. I can't believe the number of long term season ticket holders who used to sit around me in the Jack Walker Stand who have not renewed this season.

Yoda, there is no point arguing with someone who has no knowledge of the subject they are talking about. I suspect that braddock is merely a looking to get a reaction from you. His initial comment was to doubt what philipl had said about supporters not returning. Sadly, Venkys haven't realised yet that if you treat customers with contempt they will turn their backs on you for good. It has happened before and I suspect we are seeing it happen again. I can't believe the number of long term season ticket holders who used to sit around me in the Jack Walker Stand who have not renewed this season.

That sums it up Parsonblue, I posted a while back that the venkys have probably cost us a generation in lost support, yet some people just want to make stupid comments and do not realise what is happening to one of the best football clubs in the world

Unless there are any other factors you can enlighten me with (I presume there will be) in which case I'd be interested to hear as I know very little about this era.

Have you heard of Google? Or a traditional library? Information sources enabling people to research subjects and then discuss them from a more informed perspective. Expecting others to 'enlighten' you so you can respond with petty jibes is a little rich. Just a thought.

On topic, it was pretty clear that there was not 13,200 people in the ground to our group. We guessed at between 10,000 and 11,000 when leaving.

I am not sure what people expect. If 100 posters on here claimed they would come back if SK left then they may well already have done so. That does not however come close to replacing the 10,000 customers the club have alienated with their total incompetence over the last two years. Downsize your business, downsize your product and service offering and dis-respect your paying customers and they normally leave in droves. Poor management, poor product, poor football = poor gates.

As others have quite correctly stated, the Venky's have damaged something that took years to create and expecting all to be well and good and revert straight back to normal becuase the classless one resigned is just stupid.

Have you heard of Google? Or a traditional library? Information sources enabling people to research subjects and then discuss them from a more informed perspective. Expecting others to 'enlighten' you so you can respond with petty jibes is a little rich. Just a thought.

Did you expect me to go to a library before making my next post? I did a quick look using google and saw nothing about it, and so asked the very people who could help me (those currently in the thread discussing the very thing I wanted to know about). Why on Earth would I wait until after work to go to a library, then come back to this thread and discuss at that point when I could get it from the horses mouth?

Haddock your a Clueless Kean-wit.My dad was the same,did'nt go back to Ewood for nearly 20 years and i don't blame him.

There's 3 reasons non-renewers aren't yet coming back:

1. The whole reason for the Kean Out boycott was to get a better manager. Venkys sacking Kean and then leaving his assistant in charge for over a month is completely ridiculous and doesn't help the situation at all. Why should the boycotters come back? Looking beyond the end of your own nose, the point was to improve things, and things haven't improved yet.

2. Similar to the first point, Venkys have taken too long. Its now too economically damaging for many fans to buy a season ticket when over a quarter of the season has already gone. Everyones skint at the moment, and no more so than people round here, what did Venkys expect taking another 3 games off the season ticket while they Kean around.

3. Venkys took season tickets off sale! Its a bit harsh having a go at fans for not doing something they now actually can't do.

Personally I find the whole having a go at non-renewers very crass and unsavoury. These are better fans than those with a casual interest in rovers, those who go to some games, and in many cases those who get the occasional season ticket. The fans who haven't renewed this year did, by definition, stay loyal throughout the farce that was last season. They may not be the best, but they're better than most. Criticising them is bad enough, the poster who called them pricks is a total Keanwit.

There's 3 reasons non-renewers aren't yet coming back:

1. The whole reason for the Kean Out boycott was to get a better manager. Venkys sacking Kean and then leaving his assistant in charge for over a month is completely ridiculous and doesn't help the situation at all. Why should the boycotters come back? Looking beyond the end of your own nose, the point was to improve things, and things haven't improved yet.

2. Similar to the first point, Venkys have taken too long. Its now too economically damaging for many fans to buy a season ticket when over a quarter of the season has already gone. Everyones skint at the moment, and no more so than people round here, what did Venkys expect taking another 3 games off the season ticket while they Kean around.

3. Venkys took season tickets off sale! Its a bit harsh having a go at fans for not doing something they now actually can't do.

Personally I find the whole having a go at non-renewers very crass and unsavoury. These are better fans than those with a casual interest in rovers, those who go to some games, and in many cases those who get the occasional season ticket. The fans who haven't renewed this year did, by definition, stay loyal throughout the farce that was last season. They may not be the best, but they're better than most. Criticising them is bad enough, the poster who called them pricks is a total Keanwit.

+100

The first season in this league after relegation from the Premierleague in 2000 still saw us average some 19,500.

The amount of home support we have lost due to the mis-management of our club is truly shocking and very sad to witness.

Ewood is like a morgue at present.

yep,

All the work done by Jack Walker, John Williams etc in erasing the memory of the debacle in 1960 has been undone by the venkys.

kean Imbeciles

yep,

All the work done by Jack Walker, John Williams etc in erasing the memory of the debacle in 1960 has been undone by the venkys.

That for me Yoda is the most sickening and sad part of all this,the trust and belief between fans and club has been mostly lost.Its going to take a lot to return,if ever again possible,to what we once had.

I remember when we appointed Dalglish back in the day and the first home game (plymouth?) even then the fans were reluctant to return.

• Backroom

That for me Yoda is the most sickening and sad part of all this,the trust and belief between fans and club has been mostly lost.Its going to take a lot to return,if ever again possible,to what we once had.

Until Venky's leave for most it never will. I'll certainly never trust them. Then even if they do sell any new owner has to try to fix a fanbase in ruins.

Average attendances to date this season,makes for sad reading...

1 Sheffield Wednesday 153,982 25,663

2 Brighton & Hove Albion 153,856 25,642

3 Derby County 134,472 22,412

4 Nottingham Forest 133,004 22,167

5 Leeds United 154,403 22,057

6 Leicester City 153,714 21,959

7 Wolverhampton Wanderers 152,556 21,793

8 Cardiff City 149,745 21,392

9 Charlton Athletic 113,529 18,921

10 Bolton Wanderers 106,260 17,710

11 Ipswich Town 118,676 16,953

12 Birmingham City 98,433 16,405

13 Crystal Palace 94,049 15,674

14 Huddersfield Town 92,579 15,429

15 Hull City 92,035 15,339

16 Middlesbrough 105,325 15,046

17 Blackburn Rovers 97,723 13,960

18 Blackpool 95,961 13,708

19 Bristol City 93,138 13,305

20 Burnley 77,038 12,839

21 Watford 75,180 12,530

22 Millwall 72,512 10,358

23 Barnsley 69,696 9,956

24 Peterborough United 56,579

Average attendances to date this season,makes for sad reading...

1 Sheffield Wednesday 153,982 25,663

2 Brighton & Hove Albion 153,856 25,642

3 Derby County 134,472 22,412

4 Nottingham Forest 133,004 22,167

5 Leeds United 154,403 22,057

6 Leicester City 153,714 21,959

7 Wolverhampton Wanderers 152,556 21,793

8 Cardiff City 149,745 21,392

9 Charlton Athletic 113,529 18,921

10 Bolton Wanderers 106,260 17,710

11 Ipswich Town 118,676 16,953

12 Birmingham City 98,433 16,405

13 Crystal Palace 94,049 15,674

14 Huddersfield Town 92,579 15,429

15 Hull City 92,035 15,339

16 Middlesbrough 105,325 15,046

17 Blackburn Rovers 97,723 13,960

18 Blackpool 95,961 13,708

19 Bristol City 93,138 13,305

20 Burnley 77,038 12,839

21 Watford 75,180 12,530

22 Millwall 72,512 10,358

23 Barnsley 69,696 9,956

24 Peterborough United 56,579

If we don't get a real manager SG194 then the the old adage of finishing in the actual league mirroring your place in the attendance league will come to pass, or worse

Looks like your in for a mauling braddock, spouting off rubbish about something you know nothing about

Braddock in 'spouting off rubbish about something he knows nothing about, for the sake of getting a reaction' shocker.

:)

Archived