BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Town vs Blackburn Rovers

Going for a 2-1 Hudders' win tomorrow.

Seemingly, they have doubts over a couple of key players, however, still think they will have too much for an unfit Rovers' team who might find two games in three days desperately difficult.

Turned down a freebie on offer for this game as offer from missus to do some Christmas shopping, with tea/dinner thrown in, more attractive - a sign of the times where Rovers concerned !

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Last game to get your 1 game in for the burnl*y game kids.

I'm not going but I hope it isn't like the local away games at Bolton and (i think) Wigan when stubs were needed for the last Burnley game

Never have I been as embarrassed to be a Rovers fan than I was that season at the Bolton game in particular

Tough game, just as Palace was.

Just hope we can give Rhodes a chance to prove his worth, and hopefully his team-mates back him up, and dont let him take a beating off his old pals.

Hope Berg has the boys fired up for this one.... COME ON YOU BLUES

2-1 Rovers.....Rhodes winner on 86 mins

3-0 Rovers, Rhodes Hat Trick!

Well I can dream

It's a beautiful dream. Since I'm feeling optimistic, I'm also going with a 3-0 Rovers score line, but I'll estimate a brace to Rhodes and another from Murphy which [temporarily] silences his [well-sourced] critics.

Team should be this

Robinson

Henley Dann Givet Hanley

Vuckcevic Etuhu Martin Olsson

Rochina

Rhodes Gomes

I know Hanley is not a left back, but Givet is more comfortable as a center half. However if he is not fit, then ill slot Marcus Olsson to left back, and Hanley alongside Dann

Rochina should play just off Rhodes and Gomes, while Martin Olsson and Simon run the wings, and Etuhu sitting deep.

Thinks it's a similar team to Sat but with Rochina in for Richards and i think (not 100%if it's Formica but Pedis defo not in starting 11) but Formica in for Pedersen :)

R4G, whilst it's good info and posted in good faith, I'd really rather wait for the team to be announced on the day rather than read about it in advance.

Two reasons: one, you never know who is reading and two it gives people ammunition to butch about the selection for 24 hours or so getting whipped into a frenzy.

Enjoy the fact you can see the training ground from your bedroom window but I really think you should keep it off the message board.

Just my opinion of course.

I hope the axe is wielded tonight no Orr , Murphy , Richards and Etuhu.

Etuhu will play (no one else ) , but the others should not even be travelling ....

Best , I can see happening is a draw ...

Hope I am wrong and we win , but just cannot see it .

Team should be this

Robinson

Henley Dann Givet Hanley

Vuckcevic Etuhu Martin Olsson

Rochina

Rhodes Gomes

I can absolutely GUARANTEE that this will not be the team, nor would it even be permitted to play!

I can absolutely GUARANTEE that this will not be the team, nor would it even be permitted to play!

Totally agree! Hanley at left back is mental. We need to try and maintain possession and offer some threat on the wings, so I'd go with...

................... Robinson

Lowe ... Dann .. Givet . Henley

..................... Murphy

......... Vukcevic ..... Etuhu

. Rochina ................... Olsson

..................... Rhodes

Should allow us to hold on to the ball a bit more but offer something a bit more unpredictable on the wings.

Seriously lay off etuhu. He's aaron mokoena mk2 but a bit better. Insttead of critisising his lack of passing skills concentrTe on his marking and tackling etc. He is certainly not as bad as some people are saying.

Totally agree! Hanley at left back is mental. We need to try and maintain possession and offer some threat on the wings, so I'd go with...

Should allow us to hold on to the ball a bit more but offer something a bit more unpredictable on the wings.

That's the team, love it spot on etuhu and Murphy can swap if Murphy advances or replaced by dunn

We would be struggling at right back - Lowe is out for anothe rthree or four weeks

I'm struggling a little to select the midfield. Lowe and Dunn are not available, Murphy has been poor, that leaves Etuhu and possibly Pedersen as central midfielders.

So, my selection would be

Robinson

Henley, Dann, Hanley, Givet

Vukcevic, Etuhu, Pedersen, Martin Olsson

Rochina

Rhodes

bench: Kean, Orr, Formica, Murphy, Markus Olsson, CKR, Rosado

Archived