BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Town vs Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinks it's a similar team to Sat but with Rochina in for Richards and i think (not 100%if it's Formica but Pedis defo not in starting 11) but Formica in for Pedersen :)

Hmm....so...

............... Robinson

Henley Dann Hanley Olsson

.......... Murphy .. Etuhu

. Rochina Formica . Olsson

................. Rhodes

Rochina can be dangerous cutting in from the right wing onto his left foot. His ball retention is too poor to play centrally so that's probably his best position at the moment.

R4G, whilst it's good info and posted in good faith, I'd really rather wait for the team to be announced on the day rather than read about it in advance.

Two reasons: one, you never know who is reading and two it gives people ammunition to butch about the selection for 24 hours or so getting whipped into a frenzy.

Enjoy the fact you can see the training ground from your bedroom window but I really think you should keep it off the message board.

Just my opinion of course.

My thoughts exactly. Snakes and Drama Queens are everywhere pal. Thanks for taking time out to share it though.

• Backroom

Hes bad and so is Orr, thats how badly things have been managed over the past two years here at Ewood Park.

Riberio is better than Orr. Not brilliant, but steady. In any case, I'd rather play Henley there with Givet filling in at LB. If need be, put Givet at CB and bring Olsson on for Hanley or Dann.

Think he was up top, I'm just desperately hoping that Berg isn't selecting Formica on the right wing....

He will be playing on the right wing. Berg brought him on and played him there on Saturday. To be fair, he did look good when he came on against Palace which is probably why Berg is giving him his chance. Don't rate Formica at all, though. He's got a nice touch but doesn't ever create or do anything productive.

Think we'll see more of a 'Berg' style of play tonight - sprayig it out wide to the overlapping fullbacks and getting crosses into the box. We saw glimpses of that in a 10-15 minute spell at the end of Palace game.

Genuine question

HAving not seen Riberio play, is he that poor that you'd prefer Orr there?

I've been reasonably impressed with Ribeiro on the odd occasion I've seen him. Certainly a lot better than Orr and difficult to understand why he hasn't been given a chance. Hopefully several of our other unseen squad players can also make an impact under Berg as well.

On tonight's game generally I think this is a much more accurate test of our credentials than Saturday. No new manager factor to take into account and Huddersfield are in "normal" sort of form as opposed to being temporarily "on fire".

Berg will also have had another day or two to drum into the players what is and what is not acceptable. I would expect a big improvement in our overall performance.

He will be playing on the right wing. Berg brought him on and played him there on Saturday. To be fair, he did look good when he came on against Palace which is probably why Berg is giving him his chance. Don't rate Formica at all, though. He's got a nice touch but doesn't ever create or do anything productive.

Think we'll see more of a 'Berg' style of play tonight - sprayig it out wide to the overlapping fullbacks and getting crosses into the box. We saw glimpses of that in a 10-15 minute spell at the end of Palace game.

I hope so.

This will give Rhodes enough ammunition to bang in dozens of goals for us, providing the crosses are half decent.

Guest Rovers4Good

R4G, whilst it's good info and posted in good faith, I'd really rather wait for the team to be announced on the day rather than read about it in advance.

Two reasons: one, you never know who is reading and two it gives people ammunition to butch about the selection for 24 hours or so getting whipped into a frenzy.

Enjoy the fact you can see the training ground from your bedroom window but I really think you should keep it off the message board.

Just my opinion of course.

For sure and i won't be posting it again :)

If anyone did want to know the team and i know it then i've asked them to PM me ;)

• Backroom

I think IF the team is the same as Saturday, Berg is likely giving them the chance to put his ideas into practice. If they still struggle, then Vukcevic and whoever else can be subbed on to change it round.

Huddersfield will be a more appropriate test of how we can perform in this league than Palace (as I've said, they and Cardiff are best teams in this league).

Guest Rovers4Good

It's an open forum, you can say what you want lad.

Yes i know but i agree with the others that it may have a negative effect :)

Tell you what though can see us losing tonight. :(

It's an open forum, you can say what you want lad.

Of course he can, it just depends if he agrees with the reasons suggested not to.

EDIT: Just seen the reply - should have read to the end of the thread! :tu:

Archived