BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

Agree Tom, this Hughes love in is just plain silly. I agree with chaddy, why take a risk on Hughes, when all we need this season now is to guarantee safety. Next season, we start again with an experienced championship manager.

I've got like 20 years experience of playing championship manager, Where can i apply?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To all advocating an 'experienced' manager; a man with a track record and credentials: why do you think Berg ended up in the job? Aside from being cheap; available and delighted to be offered work; he's about the level of candidiate that will be remotely interested in the job. Be realistic. No credible manager will entertain a role under the current set up.

Cmon Hardly1980, give us something that you think would be best suited for this squad right now. If you think a PL manager would do better than a championship manager, then give us reasons as to why

Sorry! for using a little harmless inoffensive humour on brfcs, I should be given a ban for life :xmas:

p.s. i gave my little opinion on a potential new manager near the bottom of the previous page.

To all advocating an 'experienced' manager; a man with a track record and credentials: why do you think Berg ended up in the job? Aside from being cheap; available and delighted to be offered work; he's about the level of candidiate that will be remotely interested in the job. Be realistic. No credible manager will entertain a role under the current set up.

So "realistically" what exactly are you "advocating" then? and isn't my use of " " irritating(i can only apologise)

So "realistically" what exactly are you "advocating" then? and isn't my use of " " irritating(i can only apologise)

Your use of " adds a bit of gravitas and is welcome.

No idea to be honest. I haven't had much of an idea for the last two years. The whole thing is a shambles that can only begin to improve with a change of 'ownership', if we can call the current farce ownership, then football will be back on the agenda and the club can move forward. How bad things have to get; how low the pendulem of footballing fate must swing before this happens is anyone's guess. Start from scratch in Leauge 2 sounds good to me.

Your use of " adds a bit of gravitas and is welcome.

No idea to be honest. I haven't had much of an idea for the last two years. The whole thing is a shambles that can only begin to improve with a change of 'ownership', if we can call the current farce ownership, then football will be back on the agenda and the club can move forward. How bad things have to get; how low the pendulem of footballing fate must swing before this happens is anyone's guess. Start from scratch in Leauge 2 sounds good to me.

Totally agree, But holding out for a knight in shining armour to come and rescue the club from the clutches of the venkys, is just fantasy it seems. The only thing we can realistically hold onto is that they one day they make a good decision or 2(even if its just by accident!).

Forget Hughes he won't come. What we need is someone who will tighten us up and make us hard to beat again. In the championship you need to be well organised, and have a solid spine of the team. Not trying to play fancy football and trying to accommodate so called playmakers like - formicca rochina rosada etc. we need to be workmanlike and grind out results. It might not be pritty football but I think someone like Alex Mcleish could get us out if this division

I'm another who is against the idea of Hughes coming back, if it is at all possible in theory. Love the g for his achievements at Rovers and was the last manager we had that seemed to have all the supporters on the same side, but as others have pointed out he is a failed Premier League manager as it stands (you are only as good as your last job these days) with no experience in getting a team out of the Championship.

Somebody like Billy Davies would be decent. Problem is Rovers are in no position to be an appalling club for any half decent respected manager. We will most likely end up with some nobody like Judan Ali in charge as Shebbys lap dog as we hurtle towards another relegation and imminent administration.

Actually, administration sounds quite appealing after what we have all endured the last 2 years. It would of course mean the end of Venkys, but it would also probably mean 2 years in League One at least.

What we need is Mcleish, Driscoll, etc managers who know the league and will be able to do a job for us. I don't care whether they are premier league standard managers...wake up call we are in the championship and in danger of league 1 if we don't wake up from our slumber. Travesty what is happening to us and no one bar us will care except other fans in a similar situation.

Last chance saloon for this club. Berg berg needs to go now, as does Shebby, Agnew & Shaw. We need an experienced board member appointing asap. an experienced manager asap. If said manager can bring in 2-3 proven champjonship players, we could yet scrape the playoffs.

Never going to happen though... we're doomed.

Forest's owners have apparently sacked O'Driscoll for lack of consistency - the BBC website quotes them as saying,

"We feel we have developed a really strong squad of players but are still searching for consistency in terms of team performance, underlined by the fact that we have not won more than two games in succession in the Championship this season."

Contrast that with our owners since they sacked Sam!

Venky's; please do the decent thing and dispose of our club to some owners who might have more of a clue [couldn't have less!] than you about how to run a football club.

Archived