BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did Mrs. D come out recently and promise MGP a new contract then? Doesn't make sense... I think they're totally clueless, as well as being taken advantage of. The sooner England implements different rules, similar to Germany, with regards to ownership in football, the better.

The MGP thing is a funny one and i have my own idea on it and it goes back years. He's survived several managers and so far Venkys etc despite being highly paid. There was a plan, it's been blown off course for a thousand reasons but the basics of it still remain. My opinion of course but not without good reason if you step back and analyse everthing that's been done and said with regards to player recruitment and sales.

for anyone who likes to place money on old Ralphinio's sure things I would just like to place a heads up, this is a guy who used to post here under the name of dj walshy or something like that who at one time was once selling an iPhone and posted it for sale in one of the other forums, I bought it and days later the phone got blocked, basically the phone was reported stolen after being sold for cash.

Maybe I was stupid but naive but this guy came to my house and lied to me in front of me my children and sold me the phone then was stupid enough to post pictures of himself under his new post name (after ignoring severall messages under his last post name) you could (Ralphinio) come and speak to me and give my money back but i don't hold my breath.

What a wannker he his. I know where he lives.....I shall go around and beat his arse for you tomorrow.

Rather than bickering about this n that let's just wait and see what happens then we can all log off and have a good time off with our families and not be on the Internet. (I'm typing this as I have the @#/? on the bog) we are all rovers fans and want the best for rovers. I get told things so I post it. I know in the past that wasnt correct but where I was told it was. So from news getting to me and me posting things happen. Not my fault I'm a rovers fan like the rest. I'm actually gutted as there is no bog roll so I have to make a scene to sort myself. All the best everyone

Thick as pig s h ! t.

What a wannker he his. I know where he lives.....I shall go around and beat his arse for you tomorrow.

I can confirm that Beerwins is telling the truth. Ralfino is banned until he pays back Beerwins or can come up with a rational explanation.

Whether Berg goes or not isn't the biggest concern. It is that on each and every occasion that these lot have dispensed with someone on the management side of things, it has always lead to a worse situation with the replacement. This goes back to Allardyce/Williams etc, and we even happened since Kean left (who would have believed that possible!), after they even messed that one up and he walked himself. It's not Berg leaving I would fear, but who these lot bring in!

These guys have THE most diabolical appointment track record in football.

Chaddy you talk absolute rubbish everyday and your spelling and grammar is atrocious. Hughes didn't fail at city at all, when he left they where in 9th position and around 6 points off 4th. The day he as sacked they won and the city fans applauded him and quite openly stated he was doing a gradually good job. After all Mancini failed that season and scraped a top 4 the next.
abit like you then talking Sh!t!!!

Man city were 6th when hughes was sacked. 4 points of top 4.

do your research numpty! If you dont like my posts then hide them cos i hiding ur posts for sure

If the Berg sacking story is true, and it's hard to dispute the TOI, it confirms what many of us thought of Shebby Singh from the moment he arrived - the man simply should not be at our football club. His only achievement has been to make a complete mess of appointing a new manager, an appointment which has cost us any chance of promotion this season, potentially threatens our financial security and will cost the Raos, his employers, tens of millions in lost income and put them in the position of having to support huge losses this season.

For those mentioning Judan Ali's presence at the club recently. On the BBC Lancashire broadcast Shebby explained Ali was at the club as part of a training programme and he was shadowing a number of people in the club. I think it was for three weeks but could be wrong, it may have been a week.

If Berg goes Singh has to be next or has he stopped reporting the truth back to Pune?

I'd fully expect rovers to now go head to head with Forest for Hughes and Di Matteo, although the likelyhood of either would be slim.

Of Managers in a job, Zola would be high up on a list, but again would he want ot come rovers?

So it could be a case of people like Mcleish , Davies, Coyle (That would surprise me with his links) and even Souness

Regarding Berg handing his resignation twice this week that was another false rumour and this decision has not been made as a knee jerk reaction and has been on the cards (If 100% confirmed here in UK later) Since the Blackpool defeat.

It is reporting Black will take temp charge in India, but I'm not too sure, I for one hope he does.

The decision to appoint berg could have cost this club £60 Million plus come May, and once an appointment is made an inquest needs to go into why?

He was not the first Manager offered the job , in fact a Norwegian compatriot would of taken the job had his wife not wanted to stay in Norway.

Its sad it aint worked out for him, as he is one of our own and was a great player for us, but putting sentiment to one side had Henning not been an ex player, i'm sure most would of been glad that a swift decision has been made.

I can also confirm Rovers have NOT spoken to any other Manager and the search will now start for a swift appointment. So the rumours of Zurich meetings ETC are wide of the Mark, no meeting or approach to anyone has taken place. This decision has been based purely on results

I feel for Berg, I genuinely think he came here with every intention of sorting us out. He's a Rovers man and should still be considered as such if he goes. I just don't think he knew how big of a mess we were actually in and for someone with no experience at this level, he wasn't the right choice.

The question is who now? We are in an even weaker position with potential managers than before Berg. We are spiraling out of control and nobody has any answers. Just more in fighting between fans and a civil war inside the club. Shebby has big questions to answer now.

I feel sorry for Berg, he wasn't my choice and I had a bad feeling from the start but I hoped he'd prove me wrong.

The big problem now is who have we got that can appoint a manager? The owners are clueless, the board struggle to tie their own shoelaces and our standing in the football community is shot.

Archived