BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant have faith in such an inexperienced unemployed No mak manager, apart from being as ex-player he offers nohting!

This was a chance to get the fans back onside with a Holloway or Mccathy! But this clearly just cant happen as long as Venkys & Singh are here to make stupid decision after another!!

5 Weeks!! to employ an unemployed inexpeienced ex player!!! Another Joke By the Venky Circus!!!

Not everybodies first choice, i must admit not mine! But saying that i am very happy with Henning Berg! I do hope Eric Black stays on in some capacity as he has proved he isnt poisonous! NOW LETS GET BEHIND THE NEW BOSS AND GET PROMOTION!

HENNING BERG'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!!!!

Good luck Henning, I hope you prove to be a gem.

Wouldn't have been my choice but prepared to give him a chance.

I hope he is strong enough to have negotiated that he is has to be solely in charge of all football related decisions re hiring / firing of staff and signing / selling of players.

Addded bonus of having made a few bob as got on him early yesterday ! Taking the missus out for a nice bite to eat tonight - might just see who's at Stanley House !

I cant have faith in such an inexperienced unemployed No mak manager, apart from being as ex-player he offers nohting!

This was a chance to get the fans back onside with a Holloway or Mccathy! But this clearly just cant happen as long as Venkys & Singh are here to make stupid decision after another!!

5 Weeks!! to employ an unemployed inexpeienced ex player!!! Another Joke By the Venky Circus!!!

How is 5 years experience as manager so inexperienced????????

Has more experience than Hughes, Ince and deffo Kean.

99% percentage of rovers fans will get back behind his appointment. just the 1% that will moan as per usual.

why dont you support him instead of moaning all the time!!! FFS!!!!!!

I've got a few reasons to disagree with you. Firstly, I won't be happy with McCarthy, particularly after his 19-point disaster with Sunderland. That still traumatizes me even today. Secondly, as Puffsan already pointed out almost millions of times, Berg is NOT an inexperienced manager. If you had taken the time to read his excellent review, you would have understood that Berg had had five years of experience as manager, and did decently, given the circumstances of his clubs. Therefore he is neither no mark nor inexperienced.

Some people just can't be pleased.

By the way, Puffsan, I'm sorry to be asking you only now but I've been spreading your review on Berg all across Facebook in order to convince the other fans there to give Berg a chance. I hope you don't mind. Thanks for that awesome post.

I've got an idea for a future headline.

Berg's tactics leave critics cold as Rovers sink their way back to the Premiership.

He gave an incredibly damning interview about Venkys' with Talksport back in May so will be interesting tomorrow to hear from him about what exactly has changed from his perspective.

I wager it was Shebby Singh. Nah, just kidding. That's not possible......right?

• Backroom

Will be interesting to hear Henning's take on the owners now. I hope he's asked questions about them, and I hope he doesn't backtrack and kiss up to them. That would be gut-wrenching to hear.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

7 May: "To take over as a manager in a club with owners like that is madness. There are no real managers with credibility who would accept a job like that. You might end up shooting yourself in the foot" – former Blackeye Rovers defender Henning Berg offers his verdict on the Ewood Park hot seat.

31 October: "This is fantastic news for Norwegian football that we get another coach in England" – Aalesunds FK coach Kjetil Rekdal on the news of Berg's imminent appointment … at Blackeye Rovers.

From: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/31/the-fiver-arsenal-reading

What would be more epic than singing "Berg is the word?" Doing that Family Guy dance as we do it.

Ha the berg's the word. That made me laugh.

I'm happy enough with this decision. Should have been better but could have been worse. With our owners forget the bigger more established names.

He's a multiple trophy winner at rovers so he has my full support. Or to look at it another way

The 5 things hated about Kean were

1 results

2 arse licking yes man

3 constant lies

4 relentless positivity

5 deluded/arrogant.

Number 1 should have finished him long ago but 2-5 from a fans point of view were very irritating but at least berg wont be no2 which is an improvement.

There appears to be an awful lot of people on here who seem to have made up their minds already... one way or the other which I find incredibly odd.

I really hope Berg does well. He was a great servant for us and is imo what Souness would describe as a 'proper man'. He was a model professional but whether he is shrewd and possesses perception, the ability to man manage and the necessary steel core or not I don't know. A lot will rest on his choice of assistant(s). Whatever only time will tell.

Unfortunately imo he will be hindered not helped by the lunes from Pune. :glare:

Very sensible post Gordon.

There appears to be an awful lot of people on here who seem to have made up their minds already... one way or the other which I find incredibly odd.

I find that rather hypocritical considering you immediately made your mind up about Venkys...

Congratulations to Henning for getting his bum onto the seat when the music stopped and it was the only chair left.

That was about as scientific and systematic as the "selection process" has been. It certainly helped to join the race at the point where Shebby was going to be diced into chicken feed if an appointment was not made.

On that basis, and with the club reduced to even more of a joke status than ever with the availability of candidates who are not currently employed in the Northern Premier League about to dry out, we could have done enormously worse than Henning and for that reason I am hugely relieved.

No doubt there will be digging aplenty but as far as I am aware, Henning arrives pretty well clean apart from having played for ManU.

Yes there were candidates who if we appointed we could have sat back and enjoyed the ride to automatic promotion. There were others who would have taken us out of the division in the opposite direction (Maradona). Henning comes into neither of those categories.

He arrives with a no-nonsense reputation. Henning won 100 caps for Norway so he can tell Shebby to put his 61 Malaysian caps where the sun don't shine. Most importantly as that quote in the Guardian indicates: http://www.guardian....arsenal-reading "To take over as a manager in a club with owners like that is madness. There are no real managers with credibility who would accept a job like that. You might end up shooting yourself in the foot." Henning knows what he is walking into at Circus Ewood.

He needs to impose himself onto the farcical situation from day 1 fully aware that the squad we have is lunacy, the pay structure non-existant, and that virtually nothing will be as it appears or as it should be. The biggest danger is that Ewood and Brockhall look remarkably similar to when he left causing him to assume professionalism and logic when both departed totally on 21 November 2010.

I wish Henning every luck and success in what he has accurately described as the foot shooting job in football.

Let's heave a sigh of relief, forget all the missed opportunities of the last five weeks, recognise Shebby for what he is and give Henning all our backing for promotion.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

7 May: "To take over as a manager in a club with owners like that is madness. There are no real managers with credibility who would accept a job like that. You might end up shooting yourself in the foot" – former Blackeye Rovers defender Henning Berg offers his verdict on the Ewood Park hot seat.

31 October: "This is fantastic news for Norwegian football that we get another coach in England" – Aalesunds FK coach Kjetil Rekdal on the news of Berg's imminent appointment … at Blackeye Rovers.

From: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/31/the-fiver-arsenal-reading

What has Rekdal's comments to do with anything?

Fun fact: Bergs debut came Against Crystal Palace :)

He needs to impose himself onto the farcical situation from day 1 fully aware that the squad is lunacy, the pay structure non-existant, and that virtually nothing will be what it appears or as it should be. The biggest danger is that Ewood and Brockhall look remarkably similar to when he left causing him to assume professionalism and logic when both departed in November 2010.

What do you mean the pay structure is non-existant? Are the players not receiving their wages or something?

I'd be very interested in a poll about Berg's appointment.

Option 1: "I'm very happy with the appointment if not the process"

Option 2: "Wouldn't have been in my top 3 but I'll get behind him now he's here"

Option 3: "I'm unhappy with this appointment and see it as another mistake by the club. Venkys out".

Option 4: "That's me done with Rovers"

Archived