BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Berg will know what the cotton mill Derby means!

Great point. Pretty certain he played in both games in 2000-1.

Slightly off topic, but I am pleased our first non British manager is Norwegian. Rovers have had strong links with Norway in terms of players over the last 20 years. I would also guess that outside of the British isles (maybe even just England?) that rovers strongest support base is in Norway? It is also one of my favourite countries that I have visited.

I was slightly underwhelmed at first re the pending appointment of berg but it has really grown on me. At least we have now have a manager who genuinely cares about the club and isn't a mercenary. It is clearly a gamble to appoint him given his relatively modest record, but one that gets my full support.

I am keen to get the full range of comments from our Norwegian fans, who generally speak sense and have an excellent knowledge base.

Ca we set up a separate thread for Norwegian views on Berg.

Or am I speaking through my Kean?

Excellent idea.

I would have the vote by the rest of us a little bit later.

For Black Burn, by pay structure is non-existant, I mean there is now no logic to how much Rovers employees get paid with some huge glaring anomalies. That is bound to be a source of irritation to everybody at the club which makes holding morale together enormously difficult.

REally hope he gets off to a decent start. IT's not the end of the world if we lose , but a point would be nice v palace and three would be cushty. A decent performance either way is important. I feel a positive vibe emanating from most forum comments here and elsewhere and that can only help create a forward momentum. For me now it's about the manager the team and the fans united. Owners,boards and directors have always served their own interests and been a way removed from the fans apart from a few selected instances. I don't care now. Fans,manager,team together onward and hopefully upward. Team selection for next few games might be interesting

For Black Burn, by pay structure is non-existant, I mean there is now no logic to how much Rovers employees get paid with some huge glaring anomalies. That is bound to be a source of irritation to everybody at the club which makes holding morale together enormously difficult.

Oh, thanks. That doesn't sound good. Well, at least they are getting paid, I was worried for a moment that they weren't.

My mate just text me this "In the sky news report that Derek shaw introduce berg to media as 'berg won the treble with man untited', surely winning the title with you would be more appropriate thing to say."

Or captain of league cup winning side. There is a slim chance he's winding me up but if not why would you introduce him like that.

My mate just text me this "In the sky news report that Derek shaw introduce berg to media as 'berg won the treble with man untited', surely winning the title with you would be more appropriate thing to say."

Or captain of league cup winning side. There is a slim chance he's winding me up but if not why would you introduce him like that.

That is the level of Kean we have swilling around Ewood.

Shows what a massive job Berg has got on his hands surrounded by keaners like that.

Have to echo most (not all) of the posts, not my first choice, but on further reading and research I think this is a shrewd appointment, maybe my blind optimism (pre-****) is returning, Puffsan's epic post earlier may have swung it, but he's qualified to make such an informed opinion piece.

Loved him as a player, couldn't remember the now infamous Sunderland game but remember him seemingly disappearing...

Will be intrigued to see what backroom is brought in / shipped out, Black could have been seen as a "safe" option by the powers that be, but a fresh start was paramount.

Also goes without saying a shake-up at Board level is as urgently required as the Berg appointment, although get the feeling Shaw may have realised he has a job to do!!

All in all happy with the outcome although the length of the process was ridiculous and had me glued to the hype that is Cirque de Rovers...!!

Mercerman - Apologies, the first 6 lines may not be of any interest so skip this one ;)

Just had a strange feeling come over me, at first i think it was a rogue egg that i had just had for tea. As i reached for the Rennie Rapeze it dawned on me what it was, a feeling i had not felt in years. It was my trusty old friend optimism. Welcome back old friend.

Im glad we finally have sorted out this issue and we can now move on!

Like many others have said, he was far from my first choice, but he's been appointed now, so lets get behind him :tu:

Berg is from my hometown, Lørenskog, btw! Yay :tu:

What are your opinions on him as manager, considering that you're also a Norwegian? Are you skeptical of Puffsan's glowing review of him, or do you agree that he might be a gem in the making?

The media is more fixated with Manchester United than Blackburn Rovers, so Derek Shaw has to pander to that stupid biased preference. In any case, why is Derek Shaw the one introducing Berg to the media and not Shebby Singh? You would think after Singh's numerous appearances and interviews on Skysports and other stuff, he'll be the one to introduce Berg to the media. Plus Berg was supposedly his pick, wasn't he? As opposed to Shaw who wanted Holloway. So what happened here? I guess they finally agreed on something for a change, eh?

Kong Henning er tilbake. Gratulerer og lykke til min venn!

Went to watch Lyn in Oslo in 2006 when Henning was their manager. I can certainly vouch for a previous poster's comments when it was stated his achievements there were much better than his time at Lillestrom due to financial constraints and a very low supporter base at Lyn.

He'll certainly have my full backing.

What are your opinions on him as manager, considering that you're also a Norwegian? Are you skeptical of Puffsan's glowing review of him, or do you agree that he might be a gem in the making?

I dont really follow norwegian football closely enough to say something reflected about it, but it seems like Puffsan does and his posts seems fair enough.

Couple of my football mates are very skeptical about this appointment. My grandmother is thrilled, though! :D

Norwegians LOOOOVE foreign norwegian success, you wouldnt believe it!

• Backroom

Although True to say if given the choice of any realistic managers Berg wouldn't have been the choice I think he will be met with a postive reaction.

Henning was always a favourite of mine as a player and he always gave his all and seemed to play with a real honesty about him.

The process has been terrible and I don't believe it's the appointment anyone particular at the club wanted to make but it's one they could all agree on as a compromise.

He will have my full backing and I think the vast majority and there's nothing to say he can't be a success.

First call of duty, getting them fit!

What has Rekdal's comments to do with anything?

Fun fact: Bergs debut came Against Crystal Palace :)

really ? i thought it was a cup game with Patrick Andersson?

;)

iirc Andersson was crap only lasted til end of season eventually ended up at some no mark team in Munich :rolleyes:

Archived