BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a little bit of a reverse of the question "Would people be (as) happy with Berg as manager if he wasn't a former player?"

I was just curious as it appears, on the face of it, that Singh has gambled on him being a former player appeasing fans. Hence why I'm interested in a poll.

Regardless of the reason for appointing a former player, there are still some positives. He obviously cares a lot for the club which meant that if things weren't going so well he would be more inclined to resign for the good of the club.

http://www.tv2.no/sp...er-3913735.html

first vid interview with Berg

- How did you get the job?

Normal procedure : You talk to the club and you get an invitation. They looked into many other managers, but in the end I got the job, which is something I am very happy about.

- Why did you apply? You have to have the belief that this can go well, and obviously I look forward to begin.

And he says it is fantastic to be back at the club. The club he has been with the longest in his career. Promotion the only goal. Different things happened at Lillestrøm, but wouldn't point fingers.

It's a little bit of a reverse of the question "Would people be (as) happy with Berg as manager if he wasn't a former player?"

I was just curious as it appears, on the face of it, that Singh has gambled on him being a former player appeasing fans. Hence why I'm interested in a poll.

ahh okay, well if its presented like that, then my hunch would be, that people would be calling for shebby´s head and shebby would be sleepíng on karate kid´s couch aka kean´s ex-bodyguard.

regarding the poll, that would actually be very interesting.

Be interesting to see who the backroom staff would be. I hope there is a role for Eric Black if he wants it.

I couldn't care less about Eric Black.

Important thing is that Henning has 100% control over the make-up of the backroom staff and doesn't get told who his backroom boys will be.

Happy with Henning being appointed. He's a rover through and through. The fans really need to get behind him now.

Interesting to hear his preferred tactics are fast wingers, solid defence, and high work rate. That the total opposite to Kean.

I cant have faith in such an inexperienced unemployed No mak manager, apart from being as ex-player he offers nohting!

This was a chance to get the fans back onside with a Holloway or Mccathy! But this clearly just cant happen as long as Venkys & Singh are here to make stupid decision after another!!

5 Weeks!! to employ an unemployed inexpeienced ex player!!! Another Joke By the Venky Circus!!!

http://www.tv2.no/sp...er-3913735.html

first vid interview with Berg

He barely seems to have aged since he was here last time, might be worth him bringing his boots.

I hope he realises that the fans @ Ewood are not like they were many years ago. The most negative set of whinge bags probably in all English leagues. For that reason he's going to have to hit the ground running, the fact he was probably no-one's first choice means patience will be thin on the ground with a lot of people.

Wish him all the best, good to see him back and will give my full support.

He just needs to get Tugay & Salgado back in some capacity now :)

Happy with the appointment, congrats and good luck Henning!

As in life, there are never any guarantees in football, I'm sure if even things don't work out Henning will still come away with his head held high and some level of respect from supporters.

Yeah are owners are a bit clueless, but unless someone has upwards of £20million of spare cash to throw around, that situation isn't going to change fast, the best thing for supporters to do would be to get involved with BRAG or something to make sure they are well represented and to keep up the pressure on them to make the rught decisions and for everyone to move forward in the same direction....not to let their pented up ire poison Berg's reign as manager.

Personally, there were two things I disliked Kean for;

1. Results: I'm sure it would actually be harder for Henning to achieve worse results than better. Outcome = Optimistic of improvement

2. Personality: Kean was a deluded idiot. Henning seems a decent, good man, add on top his association with Blackburn Rovers, his playing history, he was one hell of a defender, vastly underrated (I'm sure many Man u fans would say the same), plus he seems his own man aswell as opposed to some muppet agents drag around or big up.

....So all in all I'm a happier supporter than I was 6 weeks ago.

Anyone still begruding that there '1st, 2nd' or 3'rd choice' didn;t get the job will hopefully get over it and quickly get behind Henning and the team if the they go to Ewood. There seems to be quite a lot of comments posted such as 'if only such and such got the job then we could have all sat back and watched the team walk Promotion' which is nonsense, never any guarantees is football, you couldn;t even guarantee Alex Ferguson would get us promoted. Just as quick as ahot prospect can come an outcast an outcast can become a hot prospect.

Rogeres didn;t do to well at Reading a few years ago, but lucky for Swansea they still saw something in him.

Roy Keane was an absolute leader on the pitch, management material all the way, gets Sunderland promoted in his 1 st job, oh actually he seems quite pants at this management malarky.

Glen Hoddle, decent England manager, going to championshop Wolves, pants.

Steve Mclaren, One minute good reputation one minute not, but it works well for FC Twente or overlook or understand is past failures.

Bloody lucky for Nottingham Forest that they didn't hold Brian Cloughs poor record at Leeds against him.

Phil Brown was once an outstanding young manager... so was Peter Taylor

Souness came to us with a chequered history, but in my opinion did a great job whilst here.

West Brom didn;t get all snobbish about giving Roy Hodgson a job and he served them well.

Juande Ramos was the bees knees when he went to Tottenham.

So was Fabio Capello when he came to England,

So was Scolari when he went to Chelsea, managers who aad won everything everythwere but actually all turned out to be pants.

All a club can do is hopefully have enough knowledge about football and enough nous about people to know whether an interviewee or associate is talking sense, is the real deal, and has some vision, or if they are bullshitting chancers, then hopefully not appoint a bullshitter and then hope and pray that with the right support, chemistry and luck that everything comes together for success.

We probably all had our 1st choice, but its absolute meaningless. Also I know a little about German football, and you ask any German fan about Shuster and its likey they will tell you him along with Daum are very much yesrdays men, not at all up to speed with the modern game, Germany's equivalent of Howard Wilkinson, not so enticing when you see it that way.

I'm somewhat indifferent to this appointment. It's bang in the middle of the sort of names we where linked with really. Thankfully it's not a totally inexperienced previous player like a Sherwood or McKinley. But then again when you've been linked with the likes of Redknapp and Schuster you may have room to feel a bit underwhelmed.

I'm indifferent to whether the appointment will be a good one. But for sure I am and I'm sure the Rovers support at large will fully behind the new manager.

Well back Henning!

I cant have faith in such an inexperienced unemployed No mak manager, apart from being as ex-player he offers nohting!

This was a chance to get the fans back onside with a Holloway or Mccathy! But this clearly just cant happen as long as Venkys & Singh are here to make stupid decision after another!!

5 Weeks!! to employ an unemployed inexpeienced ex player!!! Another Joke By the Venky Circus!!!

All day you have been saying the same thing, it is obvious from the posts of others on here today you are in a very tiny, tiny minority, so in reality you need to make your mind up time either support Henning Berg the team/Rovers if you are a supporter, or shut down your account and never darken the Ewood again.

Archived