BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will fans go back now?

damo100

At last we have a manager all fans can trust.

A legend at Rovers.

A fans favourite.

Someone who will try his hardest for the club and the fans.

5-6 weeks ago we still had that rat Kean.

Fans said they will only go back when Kean left.

Well he's gone and we have a manager who i feel can take us forward.

Please comment if you feel fans will come back.

Or maybe Berg is not 'exciting' enough (Redknapp etc...) to not come back.

What do you think??

Is it worrying that there are no replies to this ? I suppose a lot are thinking of new excuses though :) "not goin cause i hate Singh/Venkys/Both/Shaw/Agnew/Everyone" , "i wanted Holloway so never going till he comes", " i be back when Kean gets sacked....oh er Berg i mean"

and then someone will be honest and say "i hate the Championship it's beneath me i'll be back when we go up" !!!!

Too many Rovers fans who said the would go back when Kean went shifted the goal posts. For a lot it then became a case of not going back until Shebby or Venky's went.

I think for a lot it's about not wanting to spend money and some may have found other things to do. I do think though that if we are in a good position and playing good football some will come back this season, particularly on the run in.

If we go up then the nay sayers will be back spouting their love and loyalty.

I have been to most away games, and even made it back to the last 2 home games. Both of those games were dreadful despite the 6 points.

I will be supporting Berg (I detest the keaning venkys and those hangers on like Shebby, Degsey, Daggers and Hendry) and I will be at Ewood on a match by match basis but recognise that many fans have found better things to do than watch the dross served up at Ewood.

I have been to most away games, and even made it back to the last 2 home games. Both of those games were dreadful despite the 6 points.

I will be supporting Berg (I detest the keaning venkys and those hangers on like Shebby, Degsey, Daggers and Hendry) and I will be at Ewood on a match by match basis but recognise that many fans have found better things to do than watch the dross served up at Ewood.

PB, it has been served a lot of dross at Ewood Park during the years, but what we need and I hope we get with Berg as we had with Mark Hughes and to an extent with Sam is the die-hard-get-in-your-face attitude. I wanna go back to being bully boys with players giving 100% for the badge.

Henning Bergs comment from yesterday : "Its about this (pointing at the badge) not about the name on the back" is tremendous.

He also says he will give young players the chance. This will deffo create a more competitive environment. Some playes have had an absolutely unbelievable free-ride the past years.

Perhaps some of the missing thousands have found better things to do. I'm afraid the attitude of the Blackburn public to the club is such that many just aren't interested unless there are cheap Premier League tickets to be had. I'm not sure why, maybe an attitude that harks back to the 1960 Cup Final?

PB, it has been served a lot of dross at Ewood Park during the years, but what we need and I hope we get with Berg as we had with Mark Hughes and to an extent with Sam is the die-hard-get-in-your-face attitude. I wanna go back to being bully boys with players giving 100% for the badge.

Henning Bergs comment from yesterday : "Its about this (pointing at the badge) not about the name on the back" is tremendous.

He also says he will give young players the chance. This will deffo create a more competitive environment. Some playes have had an absolutely unbelievable free-ride the past years.

Alexanders: Henning Berg will have my complete support from day 1. I see it as my support is to be lost, not gained. I do want aggression, I want passion and I want entertaining.

Perhaps some of the missing thousands have found better things to do. I'm afraid the attitude of the Blackburn public to the club is such that many just aren't interested unless there are cheap Premier League tickets to be had. I'm not sure why, maybe an attitude that harks back to the 1960 Cup Final?

Poppycock.

Alexanders: Henning Berg will have my complete support from day 1. I see it as my support is to be lost, not gained. I do want aggression, I want passion and I want entertaining.

Dont you believe that if we see the players as playing for the club again people will start coming back?

My Boycott ends tomorrow at exactly 3pm. I will also be at the home game vs Birmingham. I live daaaann Saaatthhhh but I visit home every 2 weeks so hope to go to every home game possible.

COYB

I hope we get with Berg as we had with Mark Hughes and to an extent with Sam is the die-hard-get-in-your-face attitude. I wanna go back to being bully boys with players giving 100% for the badge.

Spot on! No-one wanted to come up the M65 and take us on. We were a team of hard keans with some quality in the vital places. We weren't dirty as some managers made out, but Hughes and Sam made sure we won every 50/50, particularly against the top 4.

Having vowed to boycott this season until you-know-who went, I returned for the Sheff Weds and Watford games. Even though the football wasn't great, it felt good to be involved in the matchday routine again.

Already bought my ticket for the Birmingham game and for the first time for a long time I'm looking forward with optimism

If the club brought out a "new manager special" for season tickets, I would buy one now.

Having vowed to boycott this season until you-know-who went, I returned for the Sheff Weds and Watford games. Even though the football wasn't great, it felt good to be involved in the matchday routine again.

Already bought my ticket for the Birmingham game and for the first time for a long time I'm looking forward with optimism

If the club brought out a "new manager special" for season tickets, I would buy one now.

What an inspired marketing idea! Even though I renewed at start of season, in the hope K**n wouldn't last, it wouldn't upset me one bit if such deals managed to bring the crowds back.

I will return. Unfortunately due to holidays and youngest daughters birthday I will not be able to get to Ewood until December. I will however buy a half season ticket. Not in the JW Upper Centre where I have sat for the previous 18 odd seasons but in the Blackburn End.

Primarily because I don't trust Venkys/Singh and still want them out but also because in these last three months I have found that there are other things in life besides Rovers. From now on family will take priority, so although I will have a Season ticket it doesn't mean I will attend every game.

Berg needs all the support he can get because he won't get any from dysfunctional owners and a dysfunctional management group (I avoid the word team) more concerned with self promotion and self preservation.

Initially some will go back but I can't see a lot going back. Although Berg is a nice fellow and I hope he gets us promoted, he wasn't anyone's first choice.

If he kicks off with some good results no doubt people will come flocking back. I just wish we had some wingers at he club.

For what its worth , I returned as soon as the idiot left !

I attended the first two games in hope things might change but they didn't so missed the games after then, however once he went I purchased a season ticket on the Monday after.

A few will return but the damage has been done with relegation and the madcap events at Ewood over the past 2 years. And then there is the continuing problem of Venky's - many people will stay away until they have left the club. Since November 2010 we have lost about 10,000 fans on average per home game and the majority of those will not be back even if we achieve promotion this season.

Archived