BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Holloway

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I didn't want him either. Bit of a nutter in my opinion.

Would have fitted well at Rovers?

I'd have had him in a shot. I can't say I'm overwhelmed by Berg's appointment - just hopeful he can stand his ground and get us going.

The same would be said of Holloway - I just think the footballing entertainment would have been good.

Time to give Henning our full support.

It would be difficult for me not to be disappointed if Holloway goes to Palace. I think he would have been perfect for us and it seems as though he wanted to come.

It wasn't to be, Henning Berg is our man now and he deserves everybody's 100% backing.

Holloway was the one I wanted for us. Now, if he goes to Palace we will see if the naysayers were right about him being only good at B'pool. Be interesting to see Bergs vs Holloways record at their new clubs come the end of the season. I hope not but gut tells me Ollie will be on top. What's done is done, I'm behind Berg all the way now.

I noticed a few Blackpool fans fed up with Holloway on their forums who wouldn't mind seeing the back of him.

If Holloway leaves Blackpool they can kiss goodbye to any chance of making it into the playoffs. In fact I only think they'd be going one way and thats downwards as there'd be a mass exodus including their best players.

Be careful what you wish for Blackpool fans.

• Moderation Lead

I noticed a few Blackpool fans fed up with Holloway on their forums who wouldn't mind seeing the back of him.

If Holloway leaves Blackpool they can kiss goodbye to any chance of making it into the playoffs. In fact I only think they'd be going one way and thats downwards as there'd be a mass exodus including their best players.

Be careful what you wish for Blackpool fans.

+1

If you want Holloway as manager go and support Palace then. Henning Berg is our manager and Im fully behind him!

Silly comment. I wanted Holloway but I'm fully behind Berg. Are you saying over the entirety of last month you wanted Berg?

So everyone who wanted Kean out shoukd have supported any other club? We aren't all Vinjay you know.

Sideways move for Ian Holloway at Crystal Palace. He wanted to move to the first championship club that made an offer for him. Broken promises from Karl Oyston over the training ground and buying players apparently.

Karl Oyston has been running it as a League 1 club for years and he'll get it now.

How bloody stupid. What a way to encourage your new manager. Sack Shaw immediately!

Why is everybody getting upset with Shaw,what's he supposed to say if he's asked was Berg first choice,everyone knew he wasn't first choice,Berg knows himself,just telling the truth,he would have looked a right pillock if he said he was first choice,trouble is with a lot of Rovers fans they always want to sack someone,Shebby one day Shaw the next,Agnew,just get behind the new manager and the whole club and see where he end up.

• Backroom

But do we still have to pay the compo that Ralfinhos mate sorted :P

Shame he's in today as he won't pick the team but will do a good job motivating them pre match

• Backroom

Why is everybody getting upset with Shaw,what's he supposed to say if he's asked was Berg first choice,everyone knew he wasn't first choice,Berg knows himself,just telling the truth,he would have looked a right pillock if he said he was first choice,trouble is with a lot of Rovers fans they always want to sack someone,Shebby one day Shaw the next,Agnew,just get behind the new manager and the whole club and see where he end up.

It's not what Shaw said, it's the way he said it. How much better would the below have sounded:

"Initially Henning was not really in our thoughts, however once we sat down and interviewed him we realised he had what was required to take this club forward, and he'll get our full backing accordingly."

Instead of "he wasn't our first choice, far from it".

Ironically you say at the end of your post "just get behind the new manager and the whole club and see where he end up", yet that's exactly what Shaw chose not to do by throwing his toys out of the pram and having a verbal temper tantrum.

Never heard of diplomacy? He should have just said that the whole club was pleased to have Berg as manager and left it at that. It helps nobody to say that he would rather have had somebody else. Still say Shaw should be sacked.

Archived