BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Holloway

Why is everybody getting upset with Shaw,what's he supposed to say if he's asked was Berg first choice,everyone knew he wasn't first choice,Berg knows himself,just telling the truth,he would have looked a right pillock if he said he was first choice,trouble is with a lot of Rovers fans they always want to sack someone,Shebby one day Shaw the next,Agnew,just get behind the new manager and the whole club and see where he end up.

Because it's completely amateur for a director and undermines the new manager?

Why did you even need to ask that question?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are all those ITK's who were certain Holloway wanted a North West job because of this new house he'd bought?

He's actually been living in the hotel by Bloomfield Rd for some time with his family elsewhere

Erm, it's well know and reported and he's been quoted that he's just moved all his stuff up from Bath. His new house is on the Fylde Coast. Just shows how desperate he was to leave.

While it would be folly to blame Berg for the rubbish served up today, the irony of Ollie's introduction to the Palace fans at half time was tangible.

I was waiting for Jim Bowen to come on the pitch and say "Here's what you could've won".

The atmosphere was a stark contrast to Ewood Park and was no doubt fuelled by a popular appointment.

i picked holloway because hes a proper manager who has experience at this level, could so easily have been ollie bar one man's stupidity, i just dont get this berg love-in at all, hes done nothing to suggest he will be a success here, you could say any manager is a gamble but some managers are more of a gamble than others and berg is a major gamble.

when Roebuck has no chavs,

Anybody who doesn't think appointing a relative managerial novice like Berg is a massive gamble with the future of the club needs to think again.

Not said its not a gamble,unless you know different.Surley we need to give him a chance?

i picked holloway because hes a proper manager who has experience at this level, could so easily have been ollie bar one man's stupidity, i just dont get this berg love-in at all, hes done nothing to suggest he will be a success here, you could say any manager is a gamble but some managers are more of a gamble than others and berg is a major gamble.

Okay let's sack Berg and approach Holloway.

Problem solved.

surely Holloway is a gamble.

only 1 promotion on his cv and 3 relegations on his CV.

Holloway has struggle at Blackpool this season aswell.

He is a good manager but he aint as good as people make out he is.

Agree totally. I'm tired of people being so sure that Holloway could have sorted out this mess any better than Berg could. I don't know if Berg can do it or not and he may turn out to be another mistake in a catalogue of mistakes made by venkys and their representatives, but he'll stand a lot better chance if we stop harping on about what we might have had and got on with the job of being what we are supposed to be- supporters of the club. I've protested and i've whinged along with many of you but now is no longer the time. It's time to get behind the guy who has the job and hope he can start sorting out the whole sorry mess he's inherited. I'm tired of people thin king fans are part of the problem. we weren't; however, I think we will be if we can't let go of what has passed and can't be changed and begin to focus on the future.

Just to be sure. This is all based on ONE game with TWO day's preparation, right?

Not sure which post that's in reply to but this is a thread about former Blackpool manager and newly-appointed Crystal Palace manager.

Don't mind me though, I'm just off to start a Dougie Freedman thread.

surely Holloway is a gamble.

only 1 promotion on his cv and 3 relegations on his CV.

Holloway has struggle at Blackpool this season aswell.

He is a good manager but he aint as good as people make out he is.

Struggled at Blackpool? Thought under the circumstances Blackpool were doing rather well. Just had a dip in form that's all which has coincided with him wanting to leave.

Struggled at Blackpool? Thought under the circumstances Blackpool were doing rather well. Just had a dip in form that's all which has coincided with him wanting to leave.

Dip in form??

god if we'd had that ''dip in form'' they would have burnt down the town hall.Heading towards relegation at a rate of knots are the lashers.

I bet listening to him when things are going against you will be some big pain in the arse.The man is unhinged.

The only relevance Ian Holloway, my only choice from the managers we supposedly spoke to, has to Rovers is it proves what a total Kean up Shebby made of this process.

I haven't followed Holloway's move closely but think I read about it Thursday and by 3.45pm Saturday he's on the pitch at Selhurst. This is how to run a football club. Like my original view of Venkys, who still have everything to prove, Shebby Singh has everything to prove. He is supposed to be the top man, if so he needs to learn from this.

Shebby has repeatedly told the fans the owners were not told the truth in the past but they are now. So I'd be very interested to know what they were told about the time it took to find a new manager.

Bolton, Burnley,Ipswich and Palace got it right Singh screwed up in a big, big way.

So just what is it Shebby brings to the football club? To date nothing to give any hope things wil change.

Was I disappointed Holloway didn't come? No

Am I angry he went to Palace? Yes

Am I excited we have a new manager? No

Will I support Berg? Of course.

Will we get promoted? Perhaps but I'm not holding my breath

Was I disappointed Holloway didn't come? No

Am I angry he went to Palace? Yes

So Singh keaned it up but you weren't really bothered if he came?

Playing Devil's Advocate, maybe Singh decided, after speaking with him that he wasn't the right man. Maybe we were refused permission to speak to him after weeks of trying? Maybe discovering this Holloway spit his dummy out and took the first offer that came his way!

Regardless of what we all think we don't know the facts.

In fact, the most unprofessional act in the last 5 weeks has come from Shaw. What kind if idiot says the day after appointing a manager that he wasn't first choice?

The history books will show that Singh came in, Kean left, Berg joined.

What happens next no-one know but at least we ought to be able to all get back behind the club.

I'm starting to get the feeling Singh's problem is that he tries to please all Rovers. I hope he realises soon that it won't be possible.

Playing Devil's Advocate, maybe Singh decided, after speaking with him that he wasn't the right man. Maybe we were refused permission to speak to him after weeks of trying? Maybe discovering this Holloway spit his dummy out and took the first offer that came his way!

In fact, the most unprofessional act in the last 5 weeks has come from Shaw. What kind if idiot says the day after appointing a manager that he wasn't first choice?

What happens next no-one know but at least we ought to be able to all get back behind the club.

I'm starting to get the feeling Singh's problem is that he tries to please all Rovers. I hope he realises soon that it won't be possible.

Half the idiots on this message board it seems. Berg I believe will be a good manager and looks like being the fans best friend in Clownsville.

Agree with all you say except the first bit. Holloway would have been my choice of the managers we think were on the list. I'd have been happy if he'd come but I'm not disappointed he didn't. It's the difference between being enthused something fresh has happened and knowing we have to sit back and wait. What his appointment at CP does show is how quickly the job could / should have been done.

Berg may well make the difference and as you rightly suggest we can only wait and see. As for backing the club I never stopped going - which is not a dug at you or any who chose to stay away

Archived