BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Preview

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed the game, the first for a long long time. I know the result didn't go our way, but at least we saw some effort especially from Murphy who I have not been at all happy with previously. As a fan, I of course want us to win, what I cannot stand is when the players don't show the same commitment. That was not the case on Saturday. At least we got an idea of what Berg is trying to do. Onward and upward from here let's hope.

I haven't seen it mentioned on here, but I presumed we had lost the toss when we attacked the Blackburn End in the first half, but then I thought Brum took the kick off. Was I dreaming?

We never got to know what Kean was trying to do, well, maybe we did :unsure: but it does appear as though Henning is heading in the right direction, it may take time, but I have a really good feeling about Henning Berg!!

Issy brfcs, do you play for issy or is that your name, have to ask?

I think we will go up, no side in this division has a Simon, a Gomes, a Pedersen or Dunn to change a game. It will be clearer after December but I think we will go up this season automatically.

Compared to other clubs, how much attendance have we lost with relegation. From average of what 21,500 to 15,000. Isn't that about pat got the course with relegation?

Compared to other clubs, how much attendance have we lost with relegation. From average of what 21,500 to 15,000. Isn't that about pat got the course with relegation?

Apparently, we've averaged 13,960 this season.....compared to 22,551 last season.....a 38% decrease.

Bolton have been averaging 17,652 this season....they averaged 23,670 last season.....a 25.5% decrease.

Wolves have been averaging 21,793 this season.....they averaged 25,682 last season.....a 16% decrease.

If we were to now start averaging the 17,000 that we had against Wolves.....our attendances would have dropped by 15%.

Source is http://www.emfootball.co.uk/attend.html

Burnley averaged 20,653 in the Prem.....and 14,930 the next season......a 28% decrease.

Again I'm not having a go, but if I understand you correctly what you are saying is that when players play well and Formica and Murphy did play well yesterday, we shouldn't praise them as they aren't good enough to consistently get results, so we should reserve our praise for those who are?

Of course not Roy your entitled to your opinion just like everyone else.

Again I'm not having a go, but if I understand you correctly what you are saying is that when players play well and Formica and Murphy did play well yesterday, we shouldn't praise them as they aren't good enough to consistently get results, so we should reserve our praise for those who are?

I don't think JAL even knows what JAL is saying half the time.

Just remember that Phil Jones, Martin Olsson, & Junior Hoilett will never amount to anything.™

Just remember that Phil Jones, Martin Olsson, & Junior Hoilett will never amount to anything.™

You make it sound like I never offered them praise Topman.

Olsson couldn't trap a bag of cement. Is a poor left back and a bang average wide man whilst Hoillet has a bloody lot to learn.

2 out of 3 bob on so far

Olsson couldn't trap a bag of cement. Is a poor left back and a bang average wide man whilst Hoillet has a bloody lot to learn.

2 out of 3 bob on so far

That's just like, your opinion, man.

Olsson's an international left-back and a regular in our side. Hoilett's playing PL football at our expense. Quite a difference from two players with no future in the game, eh?

That's just like, your opinion, man.

Olsson's an international left-back and a regular in our side. Hoilett's playing PL football at our expense. Quite a difference from two players with no future in the game, eh?

Any of the players that looked iffy and out of place playing for coco probably deserve another chance with Berg in charge,

except Orr

Olsson's an international left-back and a regular in our side.

Never surprises me how many are down on Olsson.

Over 100 appearances for us, 13 caps and 4 goals for Sweden, established as first choice left back now, played at Euro 2012.

He's got flaws but we could do with a few more of that pedigree, not many Rovers players are involved in international competitions. There will be even less now that we're not in the top division anymore.

hard to believe that people bang on about olsson being no good. probably the same who thought selling samba, nzonzi, jones and hoilett was good business...

Some have recognised that left back is not Martin Olssons strongest position. When he played under big Sam as the runner in a midfield five, was probably his best footballing period at the club.

Both Hanley and Rhodes starting for Scotland tonight. Let's hope nothing happens to either of them as we'll be stuffed without either at the moment.

Mleanwhile, Olsson wins the ball, overlaps the winger then creates the assist for Sweden's goal. Perfect full back play

Archived