BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

Total mismatch with Golovkin. Getting sick of some of these mandatory's that the IBF insist upon. Why let Klitchko stay as IBF champion then strip Fury within two weeks of winning his crown? Brook v Bizier and De Gale against another no hoper. Joshua just battered that useless American.

Within 15 days of the Khan / Canello fight the winner has to sign to fight Golovkin. I presume Khan will immediately drop back down to 147 as he is mandatory for Garcia and the WBC. Canello doesn't want any of Golovkin, trying to get him down to 155 instead of 160. Canello probably wants Billy Joe to unify in that way.

Khan looks good at the new weight and being slightly taller than Canello may help. Light Middleweight is 154 so maybe he stays around that weight and fights for that title if winning or like I say drops to 147.

Fury and Klithcko been confirmed July 7th and Joshua v Breazale June 25th. Breazale is 17 and 0, with 15 knockouts. 30 years of age and 6 foot 7. Ranked 13 I think with the IBF below Haye and Chisora. Presume they are giving him someone tall in the approach to fighting Fury. Klitchko looks like he has been seeing a phycologist to me and looks much more at ease around Fury. Stating he will spark him out this time and was mentally shot last time, hence not letting his hands go.

Groves did a number on Froch mentally prior to fight one. Whyte got to Joshua with drug references. Fury really got to Klitchko last time and won the fight before stepping in the ring. May not be as easy this time round.

Impossible to gauge with Fury though as he's now giving it the old I couldn't care less and I'm only fighting for money. He's not rising to Wlads new found aggression although he will as the fight draws closer no doubt, he won't be able to help himself. For me Klitchko has to get after him this time and take risk to engage in some early action otherwise the same pattern will develop as it often does in rematches.

I think Fury will be fit and ready by fight time but might come in a little heavier with the intention to trade a bit more and try and stop Wlad. Such is Fury though that it wouldn't surprise me if he risks getting knocked out as it perfectly sets up another fight as decider. I do think he's in it for the money and I'm really not sure he can be bothered fighting for other belts or mandatories. Biggest payday will be Wlad again back in krautland or Wembley in a 3rd fight. Even Vegas might pitch for it.

Rather odd they've chosen to fight in a small arena.........

Great to see you back on the thread OJW, we may disagree on Fury, but I find your insights fascinating, you're clearly more than just a casual boxing fan like myself.

I think I heard Bunce claiming Saunders had been offered around £1m to fight Golovkin, an astonishing amount of money at this stage of Saunders career, surely he'd take the cash if that was right.

As for Khan v Alvarez, really looking forward to this one. Khan deserves plenty of respect for taking this fight when he could have taken easier options. It'll be interesting to see if he loses some of that speed with the change in weight.

Interesting fight.

Thanks Gav, we all contribute however and other peoples views are of interest to me.

Billy Joe will want more than a million to fight Golovkin! He'll get flattened early doors and lose his title. That's a stadium fight which should generate bigger dough.

Very interested in the Khan fight also. Predicted straight away that Khan would win, but that went against the grain of most experts. Pleasingly more of them are giving him a chance now, not that it will will count for much if he gets sparked out. Khan looks good at the weight and may surprise a few.

Impossible to gauge with Fury though as he's now giving it the old I couldn't care less and I'm only fighting for money. He's not rising to Wlads new found aggression although he will as the fight draws closer no doubt, he won't be able to help himself. For me Klitchko has to get after him this time and take risk to engage in some early action otherwise the same pattern will develop as it often does in rematches.

I think Fury will be fit and ready by fight time but might come in a little heavier with the intention to trade a bit more and try and stop Wlad. Such is Fury though that it wouldn't surprise me if he risks getting knocked out as it perfectly sets up another fight as decider. I do think he's in it for the money and I'm really not sure he can be bothered fighting for other belts or mandatories. Biggest payday will be Wlad again back in krautland or Wembley in a 3rd fight. Even Vegas might pitch for it.

Rather odd they've chosen to fight in a small arena.........

I can't see a third fight. Klitchko would avoid him should he win. There is as much if not more money to be made fighting Joshua should Fury retain his belts.

This fight will be interesting if Wlad tries to get inside and unload. Fury must be expecting that and it may well play straight into his hands. Fury is a hurtful (not devastating) puncher but I can still see him taking Klitchko out if he takes too many risks too early.

Not sure what Klitchko can do differently other than attack. Should be interesting.

Agree Wlad can't really fight any other way. He was quite open early in his career and got battered a couple of times as a result. Only really got it together when he started to fight like his brother. All he can offer is to step it up and I hope he does as at least it'll make it a fight.

Both rattled each other in the 11th & 12th last time but before than there was barely a hurtful punch. Still believe Fury is there for the taking should someone get at him but it's easier said than done.

Just seen the press conference between Fury and Vlad, Vlad told Fury to f*** Off, never heard him swear before, ever, could be rattled already!

Also just realised Khan V Alvarez is on Box nation, will have to look into getting that.

James DeGale on Sky1 tonight at 2am, going to record it, he's fighting Mexican Rogelio 'Porky' Medina in Washington. Degale is already looking towards September for a fight with Badou Jack, hopefully in London but he needs to get past this Mexican first.

DeGale is a funny one. He looked supreme for four rounds, then faded, allowing Medina to get back into it and make it closer than it should have been. Afterwards he basically admitted that he thought it would be an easy job and he was surprised at Medina's toughness and durability. For me, his mentality is not that of a top level fighter.

Makes me wonder how he will cope with true adversity in a fight. I don't doubt that he's the kind of person who raises his game against the best, which is the sign of a winner. But he has a real sulky, petulant side, which tends to get people into trouble sooner or later.

Will be interesting to see the fight with Badou Jack if and when that happens. Jack looked good in spells against Bute, but he's not totally won me over yet. I'd make DeGale a slight favourite.

There's been questions before about Degales attitude and he's always thought that he's better than he is. A bit like Groves, a right pair of plums at times despite both being talented.

Don't know what he was playing at last night but he was playing a dangerous game from about halfway. Got some fair old stick from the crowd as well. He won't beat Jack going about it like that although Bute ran him close last night, looking very tight at that weight.

Says a lot though when you consider Bute gave Jack a stern test as did Groves yet Froch destroyed Bute and Groves once. He'd surely have done similar to Degale and Jack, shame he isn't still about.

Jack accumulated over 100 scoring punches more than Bute apparently. Two of the judges had it a draw! Work that out!

Clearly Jack won for me. I thought Bute was finished after Froch took him out in 5 or 6, again when Degale recently beat him, but somehow he still gets another shot. Nowhere to go for him now.

I also fancy Degale should he meet Jack. But only on points. Feel that Degale needs more authority in his jab and to improve technique off the ropes to go up another level.

Got a funny feeling Callum Smith is better than the lot of them at Super Middle.

Hearn talking about a stadium fight for Degale v Jack. I'm not sure that sells out.

Anyone see Liam Walsh? Another good British prospect from Norwich.

Think maybe Degale needs to look at changing trainer or something just for some fresh ideas now he's at top level. He's always been a bit of a good performance/indifferent performance type fighter for me. No disrespect to Macdonell who's helped him get there but sometimes they need to change and many of them do.

I think I'd take Smith over any of them at the min although he really needs more experience of maybe being in a long fight with an awkward customer first.

Strange night of boxing I thought:

Degale could have kept Medina on the end of his jab all night long, but clearly he wanted to put on a show and it just never happened for him. He said several times after the fight that he couldn't believe how Medina kept coming forward, as watching his tapes he'd never done that before, was he accusing the Mexican of taking something? Still he got the job done without looking anything special.

As for Jack V Bute, it was never a draw, Jack won the fight, but was blowing hard from round 8 against a much older opponent who took the fight at late notice I think? no excuse for that. I think DeGale will see him off, nothing special either of them but Degale to win that.

Khan to MMA? he's hinting at giving it a go, has a stake in the sport already financially, not sure why he'd go down that route, maybe its to ruffle a few feathers in boxing and get a few things moving, who knows.

Strange night of boxing I thought:

Degale could have kept Medina on the end of his jab all night long, but clearly he wanted to put on a show and it just never happened for him. He said several times after the fight that he couldn't believe how Medina kept coming forward, as watching his tapes he'd never done that before, was he accusing the Mexican of taking something? Still he got the job done without looking anything special.

As for Jack V Bute, it was never a draw, Jack won the fight, but was blowing hard from round 8 against a much older opponent who took the fight at late notice I think? no excuse for that. I think DeGale will see him off, nothing special either of them but Degale to win that.

Khan to MMA? he's hinting at giving it a go, has a stake in the sport already financially, not sure why he'd go down that route, maybe its to ruffle a few feathers in boxing and get a few things moving, who knows.

Medina stated it was his biggest fight ever and he had trained properly and had a brilliant camp.

pmsl...cried like a baby when he he came to our club .Little slymy turd.

pmsl...cried like a baby when he he came to our club .Little slymy turd.

Decent enough kid Amir Khan. Have met him on more than one occasion. Always has time for those that come out to support or want his attention. Matured dramatically since the Garcia knockout and linking up with Virgil Hunter. Lost on points to a drugged up Peterson, but other than that good wins against Zudah, Alexander, Maidana and Algeiri of late. Worth noting that all four of them talked about Khan's supposed glass chin and how they were going to drop him easily.

Really hoping that the Brit can win at weekend. For the record Khan has been down on eight occasions, but only lost in two of those fights. Even if Canello drops him, there is still reason to hope that Khan can see the win through. Khan has himself stated he will not have the power to hurt Canello, who has never been stopped, so it would appear a points win is his only chance. A bit frustrating watching some boxers when you know they do not have the power to finish the job with one punch.

Come on you brits! The winner is meant to sign to fight Golovkin within 15 days. Presume Khan will go on an immediate diet should he win.

Box nation is £12 a month with a one off £8 to register

Khan this Saturday

Deontay Wilder V Alexander Povetkin 21st May

Liam Smith 4th Jun

Fury in July.

Steve Bunce boxing hour, great guy, entertaining.

Decent enough kid Amir Khan. Have met him on more than one occasion. Always has time for those that come out to support or want his attention. Matured dramatically since the Garcia knockout and linking up with Virgil Hunter. Lost on points to a drugged up Peterson, but other than that good wins against Zudah, Alexander, Maidana and Algeiri of late. Worth noting that all four of them talked about Khan's supposed glass chin and how they were going to drop him easily.

Really hoping that the Brit can win at weekend. For the record Khan has been down on eight occasions, but only lost in two of those fights. Even if Canello drops him, there is still reason to hope that Khan can see the win through. Khan has himself stated he will not have the power to hurt Canello, who has never been stopped, so it would appear a points win is his only chance. A bit frustrating watching some boxers when you know they do not have the power to finish the job with one punch.

Come on you brits! The winner is meant to sign to fight Golovkin within 15 days. Presume Khan will go on an immediate diet should he win.

An elderly relative of Khan (possibly his gran) was in the ICU at BRI at the same time as my mum a few years ago and we got to know his extended family through countless hours spent in the family room pacing up and down fretting over our desperately ill loved ones. Lovely, unassuming people who were understandably proud of Khan's achievements. They had a better ending to that particular saga than us, fortunately for them, sadly for us.

Box nation is £12 a month with a one off £8 to register

Khan this Saturday

Deontay Wilder V Alexander Povetkin 21st May

Liam Smith 4th Jun

Fury in July.

Steve Bunce boxing hour, great guy, entertaining.

Great bloke Bunce and I've had a bit of verbal sparring with him on twitter. They do get hold of certain fighters on there and are all over them and they can do no wrong, I suppose sky do it as well but I sometimes feel Bunce lets his personal fondness of some get in the way at times.

Fury's, Groves, Buglioni and a lot of others could run over there own grannies and they'd laugh it off on Boxnation :lol:

That chump Chisora is fighting an east European in an IBF eliminator. I only know this as he kicked off during the conference, and it was on the BBC website.

Its Chisora all over, gets him up for fights.

He's on sky now getting beaten by a Pulev from Sofia, he need a knockout now to win.

Anthony Crolla next, got to love this lad after the burglary incident, seems to have captured the publics imagination also looking at the arena.

Edited by GAV