BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

Crolla had a game plan and executed it, they thought he'd come and hit him with everything he had for 5 rounds, which he did, then fade, which he did badly, worked to a treat.

Khan deserves nothing but credit for taking that fight, earned my respect for sure. Khan was winning that fight on points, just a lack of concentration for a moment and all over.

Great to hear Khans trainer telling Alvarez to stop hiding and fight Golovkin, he's right that Khan didn't hide, he took the Alvarez fight, maybe he should do the same.

Yeah credit for giving it a go. Perhaps he could have stuck to welterweight and potentially dominated. But this is what happens when you chase the dollar. You keep going up a division until you get walloped.

I wonder whether it's the perception of Khan chasing pay days that he has very little fans compared to other British boxers like Hatton, calzaghe etc who just seemingly liked a fight then the pay days came naturally as a result.

Funny old world for a while it looked like Khan didn't need kel brook as much as brook wanted Khan now it's almost like Khan needs brook more to try and rescue his career.

Bit of a crazy fight for Khan to take but obvious respect to him he wanted a huge name from over there and a big fight. So desperate to prove himself to the Yank masses yet he's got it to do over here at his normal weight v Brook who probably KO's him as well. 2 big fights for his retirement pot though I suppose. He'll go down as a very good fighter but never elite level, bit like Hatton although I think Ricky might have had a chance over here v Mayweather and he made a complete balls of Pacman fight. Khan beats neither anywhere.

They kept trying to push the Flanagan fight.

That's a good dust up but surely he has to be going over the pond now. He's a cut above Flanagan now imo.

I don't think Khan chased the money, I think he craves being accepted as world class, justify his existence, and that back fired last night.

Still all credit to him for taking the fight, he's gone up in my estimations for that.

• Like 1

GGG ships a lot of punches and he takes one to give one or two so it'll be interesting if Canello lands one of those although of course he's a natural at that weight. Thing with Khan has always been he can't resist letting his hands go in a fight and trading at some point so he leaves himself open for that.

Chisora was slapped around the face by the other fighters team, which is why he went nuts. Perhaps rightfully? Although what that many people are doing on stage in such a small room is beyond me, wasn't ever going to finish well.

Big props to Amir for taking that fight, he didn't need too, but wanted to test himself. Thought he gave a decent account of himself until one lapse of concentration. Good to see all the racists pop up after his KO, means I could make sure id blocked them all.

Canelo needs to fight Glovokin now. Perhaps Khan is the big winner here, I'd fight two Canelos before facing one Glovokin.

Amir Khan't glass jaw bully .

Strange position to take on it - not only is he a British fighter on the main stage representing his country, he's also a proud northerner. What reasons could you have for wanting to see him lose, ABBEY?

Huge respect to Amir for taking on this challenge, I didn't think that he had in him. He actually took a paycut to have a shot at greatness, he could have made much more money with less challenging fights. I though that he gave a very good account of himself and was ahead, but I always felt that as the fight went on Canelo would cut down the ring and then hit him with a big shot and that was a hell of a shot. I am just thankful that he didn't get seriously hurt.

I always thought that Amir was a bit of a P****K all based on stuff that I had read and heard, but last year I was involved in a project called "Mother Tongue, Other Tongue" we asked for Amir's help and he was fantastic, he did way more than we could have expected and he was genuinely very nice guy, however the people around him, well the less said about them the better.

Chisora was slapped around the face by the other fighters team, which is why he went nuts. Perhaps rightfully? Although what that many people are doing on stage in such a small room is beyond me, wasn't ever going to finish well.

Big props to Amir for taking that fight, he didn't need too, but wanted to test himself. Thought he gave a decent account of himself until one lapse of concentration. Good to see all the racists pop up after his KO, means I could make sure id blocked them all.

Canelo needs to fight Glovokin now. Perhaps Khan is the big winner here, I'd fight two Canelos before facing one Glovokin.

Strange position to take on it - not only is he a British fighter on the main stage representing his country, he's also a proud northerner. What reasons could you have for wanting to see him lose, ABBEY?

He's an arrogent prick . Assault, running people over and other things ( which I won't mention & no not the reason your trying to goad )

He's an arrogent prick . Assault, running people over and other things ( which I won't mention & no not the reason your trying to goad )

He wasn't at all arrogant when I met him. The assault allegations where dropped - boxers tend to find people assume you'll want to fight them, in reality not many boxers enjoy fighting.

He cut some traffic and got fined for driving without due care and attention - a crime equal to speeding. I guess you've not got any points on your license?

No points thanks , nice to see your concern.

I've met him quite a few times and know one his uncles who also says he's arrogent . But I give in he's a top bloke that ooozes class you know everything

Edited by ABBEY