BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

My god, the lad gave it everything, the way GG walked him down and just smashed away at the body and head was scary.

Kel Brook like Khan before him deserve nothing but respect, great fight while it lasted, a throw back to the mid 90's when the British middleweights ruled boxing.

Any chance of Froch coming back to fight GGG ?

Khan't shudders

No chance off froch coming back , did you not see his plastic nose last night ha

Great effort from Brook, he had his moments and back up Golovkin a couple of times but never hurt him. After seeing this guy live I can say he's a master of his art, cuts off every move his opponent makes in ring. Just no getting away from him the only way to force him back is to stand and fight or try and grab and wrestle.

Providing he doesn't carry on too long I can genuinely see GGG retiring unbeaten. The only man around for me who could have gone 12 with him and maybe come out on top was ringside enjoying his retirement and new hooter !

Edited by tomphil

Have a great day Tomps.

Cheers pal twas a grand day out. First time at the O2 and very impressed apart from having to drink Becks Vier and paying 4.50 for a bag of crisps !

What a brilliant venue it is for boxing though, surely go on to be Englands version of Madison Square Garden :)

Any opinions on the Hall v Haskins fight would be greatly appreciated as I missed the first half of it stuck in a que for toilets then the bar. The bit I saw Hall was clearly on top and there was derision in the crowd at the verdict. He's had a few unlucky points losses Hall from what I've seen it's almost like judges don't like his style or something.

Edited by tomphil

Hall started really slowly. Gifted the first 4 or 5 rounds to Haskins. Thought he did well to get back in it and personally thought the scorecards didn't reflect how close it was in the end.

Cheers.

Thought so judging by the reaction in the arena at the decision, always seems to be Halls problem that.

So Alvarez v Smith comes up next and another cracker in store I reckon. Smith should be a good test for Canelo and he has the tools to pull it off. Hard seeing past the Mexican though on his biased home turf and him having an impressive cv apart being schooled by Floyd.

How he isn't a SMW i'll never know he's huge on fight night and I'd be inspecting those scales really close if I was Gallagher. Reminds me of Steve Collins in his pomp and not just because he's ginger.

Come on Liam lad.

Wish these British lads would stop getting beat.

Smith dropped by body shots.

Interesting really as Jimmy Kelly hurt Smith to the body a couple of times as well and I had wondered if body shots would tell in this fight.

Wish Froch would come back. It was good knowing our guy would still be stood up 12 rounds later.

Edited by onlyonejackwalker
  • Like 1

Wish these British lads would stop getting beat.

Smith dropped by body shots.

Interesting really as Jimmy Kelly hurt Smith to the body a couple of times as well and I had wondered if body shots would tell in this fight.

Wish Froch would come back. It was good knowing our guy would still be stood up 12 rounds later.

I think you knew deep down it was always going to happen, if you're honest with yourself.

Other than triple G I can't see anyone stopping Alvarez at the min. Was of the opinion he was a bit overated once over but he's developing into a top notch fighter although I still have a pic of Floyd schooling him in mind.

Poor form they keep ducking Golovkin but he's golden boys cash cow so expect a few more of these mismatches for Canello.

Read today that the Alvarez team have offered Golovkin an 8 figure sum to fight, so you never know.

Mayweathers been quoted as saying fighting Golovkin would be 'Easy work' but I doubt Floyd wants to go down that road even at 147 if GGG comes down. But lets face it, Mayweather doesn't need to go out of his way to fight GGG, he's already a legend and has nothing to prove, even if he's a bit of an arse.

Read today that the Alvarez team have offered Golovkin an 8 figure sum to fight, so you never know.

Mayweathers been quoted as saying fighting Golovkin would be 'Easy work' but I doubt Floyd wants to go down that road even at 147 if GGG comes down. But lets face it, Mayweather doesn't need to go out of his way to fight GGG, he's already a legend and has nothing to prove, even if he's a bit of an arse.

Mayweather is the only man on the planet that could make a GGG fight boring. Struggle with Canelo, if he wants the GGG fight why did he dodge him after Khan?

• Like 1

Deliberate ploy from both camps to ramp up interest and make more money from the fight further down the line. In my opinion of course.

Could be although they signed to fight a while back supposedly with both allowed a warm up which is why they let Khan have a go. Most sources say that Golden Boy reneged on the agreement so GGG gets his money spinner Khan type fight and Alvarez gets the Smith gig in front of his own fans on Mexico day. Both lucrative and both only medium risk.

Yep all about the money again probably. If they are going to fight its still going to be a while off as Golovkin has mandatory next and they'll want that WBO belt as well I think. BJS should be stripped of that for doin nothing.