BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

Could be although they signed to fight a while back supposedly with both allowed a warm up which is why they let Khan have a go. Most sources say that Golden Boy reneged on the agreement so GGG gets his money spinner Khan type fight and Alvarez gets the Smith gig in front of his own fans on Mexico day. Both lucrative and both only medium risk.

Yep all about the money again probably. If they are going to fight its still going to be a while off as Golovkin has mandatory next and they'll want that WBO belt as well I think. BJS should be stripped of that for doin nothing.

BJS has really irritated me though his blatant inactivity, cradling his title, unwillingness to fight triple G, and all the social media BS on IFL TV.

• Like 1

BJS has really irritated me though his blatant inactivity, cradling his title, unwillingness to fight triple G, and all the social media BS on IFL TV.

Agree. He's a good fighter but he's played the fool over GGG asking for daft money when most would have fought him for nowt. He'll never get the type of money he was first asking for he's virtually unknown outside UK and holds the least regarded belt.

Can't believe he's got away with not being forced any mandatories or giving anyone else a shot to keep himself active and earn a few quid. As dicks go he falls right in with the Eubanks who he constantly slags off, ducked that rematch as well by saying he was after triple G. Stalling tactics all around.

Mind you he is Furys pal..............

Surprise surprise Fury v Wlad is off again. Knew this was coming as a guy I know lives near him and word is he hasn't trained a day since this was announced again. His head and heart have gone and all the brass has gone to his nut, pity as he may have got drilled this time.

People are finally seeing through this unsavoury lot !

He's got the PEDS hearing hanging over him which I think is at the heart of all this. He never ever wanted the rematch and they've tried to wriggle out of it since Klitschkos mob announced they were forcing the contract clause.

There's been no mention of the mental issues until now because they've been trying to talk him into it because the rest of them are only interested in the £££. He doesn't want to fight anymore he wouldn't even agree any mandatories or pay step aside money and sanctioning fees to put them off.

He might well have some issues and I hope he gets sorted it's no laughing matter if your in a dark hole but if regular sightings over the past year are to be believed he's had a good time getting himself there.

Modern day James Buster Douglas.

Edited by tomphil

Very much looking forwards to Crolla he's always been good to watch and it's another fight where it's hard to pick a winner. He's enough about him to do it though.

Also with Fury withdrawing and AJ booked in Manchester on the 26th Nov there could be a big one gets made there if Wlad fancies it and some of the other belts become vacant .

Edited by tomphil

Fury swanning round the Crolla VIP area in Manchester tonight like he owns the place apparently, now I know mental health is often a hidden illness I'm going out on a limb here, but this guys taking the p1ss out of the support, its fans and the authorities.

A disgrace to the sport, strip him of the belts and lets get on with the serious business of boxing.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Unlucky for Crolla but no disgrace losing to that guy he was class, great fight to watch though.

On Fury I was talking to someone in the know last night who'd been there and the verdict is he's a joker. Just doesn't want to fight and after he won the belts he was saying he wanted a year off to enjoy it but when he was told he had to fight he didn't like it so he's been playing up ever since. Just going off what this guy who's now a trainer said and he has always been pro Fury big time.

They are now coming uup with all this rollocks in the hope the drugs hearing takes a sympathetic view and the bodies don't strip the belts until he feels better he feels like fighting.

He has issues for sure but he always has had and the main one is he's a jerk who just wants to say and do what he pleases now he's a multimillionaire.

Prick.

Edited by tomphil

Unlucky for Crolla but no disgrace losing to that guy he was class, great fight to watch though.

On Fury I was talking to someone in the know last night who'd been there and the verdict is he's a joker. Just doesn't want to fight and after he won the belts he was saying he wanted a year off to enjoy it but when he was told he had to fight he didn't like it so he's been playing up ever since. Just going off what this guy who's now a trainer said and he has always been pro Fury big time.

They are now coming uup with all this rollocks in the hope the drugs hearing takes a sympathetic view and the bodies don't strip the belts until he feels better he feels like fighting.

He has issues for sure but he always has had and the main one is he's a jerk who just wants to say and do what he pleases now he's a multimillionaire.

Prick.

Very nice fighter Linares and he deserved the win.

Unfortunately for Crolla he has always had to substitute what he lacks in raw talent with hard work. That often shows at the highest levels. He is honest enough to admit that and has been a breath of fresh air this last three years or so, working hard to improve, acting professionally and winning a number of tough looking fights and a version of the world title.

Talking of acting professionally, good old Tyson. Tremendous representative of boxing and the UK in general. No idea what he is playing at, but now he's alienating even those who tolerated his nuances.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Reading the comments on here and elsewhere online, it seems to me that Fury has lost the drive since becoming World Champ and his heart isn't in it any more.

A shame really, I've no doubt it would be hard to admit in public were that the case. The problem is though, the longer all the crap goes on, the more his credibility will be adversely affected....

Edited by K-Hod

It's pretty clear he's trying everything he can to weasel his way out of a rematch.

He doesn't want to fight anymore, he's made the money he wants to settle down, in fact I think he said as much after beating Wlad. With the automatic rematch clause being activated, he's contractually obligated to fight by Wlad's team. That would cost him too much money to buy his way out of (not that I think Team Klit would accept reasonable amount as a settlement anyway) so his only other option to to take the pee so much in the hope Klitschko either gives up or he gets stripped of the belts.

He'll get stripped before Klitschko gives up on this fight definitely.

Brahmer v Cleverly up next and another interesting fight. Very tough is Jurgen but a bit of a plodder so Cleverly should outbox him but he won't stop him. Also he's been notorious for being on the right end of the judges in Germany when perhaps he shouldn't so it's going to take something special for the Brit to win here.

Verdict : Late stoppage to the homeboy after Cleverly runs out of steam.

From the BBC.

Dundee boxer Mike Towell is in a "critical condition" in hospital after becoming unwell at a bout at Glasgow's Radisson Blu Hotel on Thursday night.

Towell, 25, suffered a fifth-round loss to Dale Evans in a St Andrews Sporting Club fight and was rushed to the city's Queen Elizabeth University Hospital.

Club officials and the boxer's family were at his bedside through the night.

"All of our thoughts and prayers are with Mike and the Towell family at this very difficult time," said a spokesman.

"Mike Towell is in a critical condition in Glasgow's Queen Elizabeth hospital after his fifth-round defeat in the British welterweight title eliminator with Dale Evans at the club last night.

"Club director Iain Wilson and Mike's manager, Tommy Gilmour, travelled with him in the ambulance after the fight and have been at his bedside through the night with his family.

"We took the immediate decision to suspend last night's show in the wake of Mike's contest."

Evans, from Carmarthen, wrote on his Twitter account on Thursday night that his "celebrations were on hold".

• Like 1

Sounds like latest Fury cancellation is because he tested positive for cocaine. Absolute fraud this guy is and I'm convinced he was on something when he won the belts. Shuffling around in every previous fight labouring to wins against limited opposition then all of a sudden 6'9" - 19 stone of him bounces around the ring all night like a kangaroo.

Hmmm..

From the BBC.

Dundee boxer Mike Towell is in a "critical condition" in hospital after becoming unwell at a bout at Glasgow's Radisson Blu Hotel on Thursday night.

Towell, 25, suffered a fifth-round loss to Dale Evans in a St Andrews Sporting Club fight and was rushed to the city's Queen Elizabeth University Hospital.

Club officials and the boxer's family were at his bedside through the night.

"All of our thoughts and prayers are with Mike and the Towell family at this very difficult time," said a spokesman.

"Mike Towell is in a critical condition in Glasgow's Queen Elizabeth hospital after his fifth-round defeat in the British welterweight title eliminator with Dale Evans at the club last night.

"Club director Iain Wilson and Mike's manager, Tommy Gilmour, travelled with him in the ambulance after the fight and have been at his bedside through the night with his family.

"We took the immediate decision to suspend last night's show in the wake of Mike's contest."

Evans, from Carmarthen, wrote on his Twitter account on Thursday night that his "celebrations were on hold".

RIP , he died . A tragic ending doing a job he loved .Everyone knows the risk involved and that chance is taken .

• Moderation Lead

Sounds like latest Fury cancellation is because he tested positive for cocaine. Absolute fraud this guy is and I'm convinced he was on something when he won the belts. Shuffling around in every previous fight labouring to wins against limited opposition then all of a sudden 6'9" - 19 stone of him bounces around the ring all night like a kangaroo.

Hmmm..

I just hope that cocaine isn't being treated as a performance enhancing drug, unless it's enhancing the performance of a swinging jaw and the ability to chat rubbish at hyper speed....

If he was coked up and in the ring, Klitschko would have sparked him!

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

Bit of a joke Cleverley getting another shot. Really dislike him. Can't see him knocking anyone out, can't see him winning on points over there either.

The run continues, you're turning into the new Mercerman :P

Well an odd way to win but a win is a win although it was pretty even, prob Braehmer edging it. A bit of karma maybe after the German has had a few fortunate victories, Enzo being one. Cleverly could have been a bit more humble though afterwards seeing as he skanked it.