BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

Not much time for that Lockett myself after that fight. Towel should have been in pretty sharpish it was obvious he was getting hammered. Didn't help having Saunders/Furys and the rest of the plastic pikeys banging on the ring apron egging him on when he was out on his feet.

Getting back in the ring is all down to Blackwell though but that gym and those in it will come under scrutiny now, quite rightly.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just been catching up with Haye vs Bellew build up. It's like the WWF I half expect rick flair to appear whooping and challenge both to a cage match at the same time. I'm not even sure boxers hatred is genuine anymore. It seems all recent British affairs have to be sold on both men hating each other bellew v cleverley, Haye v chisora, chisora vs whyte, whyte v Joshua, Froch v groves. 

That said I will defo watch it and looking at the state of the two men presumably not for long once Haye lands his first big shot. 

• Like 1

Like both Bellew and Haye and always have as fighters although makes me laugh when a crossover fight gets general publics attention. Making Haye out to be the bad guy, not covered himself in glory but Bellew has long been one of the biggest gobshites in boxing. Hayes always had his moments as well and is a bit flakey but Bellew as a bloke is a proper muppet in terms of gob.

On the fight Haye might be classed as a small heavyweight in the days of near 7ft 19 stone giants but he's a natural at that weight now whereas Bellew to me is really a blown up light heavy. Done really well at cruiserweight but he's overachieved in an era when there aren't many good ones about. Carl Thompson would have ruined him as would Haye when he was cruiser.

For me if Haye was the guy of a few years ago pre lay off it would be a complete no contest mismatch but he's bound to be rusty and no way as sharp as he used to be. TB has a wicked left hook and Haye is wide open to those shots when he lunges so it could be interesting. If Hayes still enough to go at it for 3 or 4 rounds he should bulldoze him over as Bellew can't take big shots despite what he says, been decked and hurt numerous times by far lesser than Haye and the only real big puncher he faced in Stephenson rolled his eyes in the back of his head and that was at light heavy.

Really wouldn't be surprised if the bomber pulled it off though he's a vicious finisher when he tags someone but for me it's all about Haye.

Edited by tomphil

Haye has actually gone up in my estimation, if they go again I just hope they cut the stupid pre-fight nonsense.

If I was Bellew I'd be very careful who I fight next because AJ, klitchs and probably Wilder will have no problem with him.

Fair play to Bellew he avoided any early storm and shook Haye with that vicious counter left like i thought he would. Have to say though Haye was never in any bother and seemed to have found his rhythm before his leg clearly gave in. Anyone who's suffered anything like that will know it renders you pretty useless so to keep going is massive credit to him. Also credit to Bellew who seized the advantage and got the job done.

Got to laugh at all the Haye 'fakers' clueless in the extreme. He might not be everyone's cup of tea but the last thing he's ever been is a fake and tonight proved it.

Agreed there is no way he should be anywhere near Wilder or Joshua etc it would be a farce of the highest order. Haye at this stage made sense and the clear ring rust from an ageing inactive fighter balanced things out. The injury tipped the balance in his favour just when it was shaping up into an interesting fight, he took full advantage and a rematch is the only serious option at HW for him. Haye will be out a long time if it's a serious injury so if he continues it'll be an easy nights work next time probably for Bellew.

Personally i hope Haye calls it a day i hate it when you see fighters coming to the end losing to lesser opposition in that manner but i think Hayemaker has serious money issues. Sad.

Edited by tomphil