BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

Yet more nonsense they ALL knew this was ongoing so they are either very naive or as i suspect bull shitting people.

Makes sense when you think about it, both guys can have another payday in fights they have to have. Fights they both theoretically should win then the huge unification is still on.

So i can't see either them or their promoters crying about it just like i can't see anyone tipping up 20 mill to Wilder.  Doubt he'd accept it either.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Not strictly boxing, but a lesson in being careful who you bump into at a bar, and then square up to. Cos sometimes they turn out to be an ex MMA champion: 

Gotta say, I'm fairly split on this one. Schilling should be fully aware his fists are far more deadly than your average joe on the street and thus, shouldn't be chucking them around willy nilly.

But this guy looks like a standard bar clown that is the scourge of many of us just trying to enjoy a night out. We all know the type, thinks their antics are a riot and everyone is just loving their presence, when really they're just ruining everyone's night, and most are hoping they piss off soonish. 

Can't say I'm shedding a tear over him taking a quick 10 second nap. (He's perfectly ok btw, but is threatening to sue).

1 hour ago, Silas said:

Not strictly boxing, but a lesson in being careful who you bump into at a bar, and then square up to. Cos sometimes they turn out to be an ex MMA champion: 

Gotta say, I'm fairly split on this one. Schilling should be fully aware his fists are far more deadly than your average joe on the street and thus, shouldn't be chucking them around willy nilly.

But this guy looks like a standard bar clown that is the scourge of many of us just trying to enjoy a night out. We all know the type, thinks their antics are a riot and everyone is just loving their presence, when really they're just ruining everyone's night, and most are hoping they piss off soonish. 

Can't say I'm shedding a tear over him taking a quick 10 second nap. (He's perfectly ok btw, but is threatening to sue).

That’s pathetic imo. I don’t think the guy was being particularly annoying but it was a short video. 

Schilling ain’t even that good of a fighter in relative terms. I follow the Bellator and I’m sure he’s lost more than he has won. He was refused a boxing license a while back and looking at this it isn’t surprising. 

You can tell the type of bloke Schilling is by the way he was walking back in the bar. He looked ready for trouble. Apparently the drunk guy was being a clown though and supposedly racist to a server. Who knows. 

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

That’s pathetic imo. I don’t think the guy was being particularly annoying but it was a short video. 

Break it down though Dreams. The guy bumped into Shilling (who took a step to the right to try and avoid him, wasn't one of those sticking the shoulder in).

They bump, big deal, Schilling is walking off, not interested, happy to carry on his day. Then the guy clearly says something to him, so he turns back.

If you look closely the guy then squares up and does a flex twitch, intended to make someone flinch. Probably a move he's done before to great hilarity, to try and embarrass.

Schilling's response to such a move is to instantly drop him. But that was strike 3 if you like. Schilling has twice attempted to avoid a conflict previously. 

17 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You can tell the type of bloke Schilling is by the way he was walking back in the bar.

Hey, I'm not saying it's right, and Schilling is certainly no angel. There is also footage of him attacking a homeless guy recently, which he claimed was necessary. 🤔 

Maybe I've just spent too much time in the past dealing with a certain type of character in bars, but now knowing he's ok, I struggle not to chuckle at it. 🤷‍♂️  Sue me!!

• Moderation Lead

Based on that video alone, that UFC fighter should be sued and prosecuted. 
If there’s more to it, fair one, then maybe it’s not so clear cut, but that seems like a complete over reaction by a guy that will have had to register his hands as lethal weapons and knows how to hurt people….

• Like 2

• Backroom

For comparison purposes, this week UFC Hall of Famer Michael Bisping was punched on the street in New Orleans. 

His reaction? To laugh in the guy's and face and walk off. Suppose that's probably the difference between a true champion and a journeyman. Although Bisping does admit there would have been a different result in his younger days.

7 hours ago, Silas said:

Break it down though Dreams. The guy bumped into Shilling (who took a step to the right to try and avoid him, wasn't one of those sticking the shoulder in).

They bump, big deal, Schilling is walking off, not interested, happy to carry on his day. Then the guy clearly says something to him, so he turns back.

If you look closely the guy then squares up and does a flex twitch, intended to make someone flinch. Probably a move he's done before to great hilarity, to try and embarrass.

Schilling's response to such a move is to instantly drop him. But that was strike 3 if you like. Schilling has twice attempted to avoid a conflict previously. 

Hey, I'm not saying it's right, and Schilling is certainly no angel. There is also footage of him attacking a homeless guy recently, which he claimed was necessary. 🤔 

Maybe I've just spent too much time in the past dealing with a certain type of character in bars, but now knowing he's ok, I struggle not to chuckle at it. 🤷‍♂️  Sue me!!

Nah, I get it. There’s always that one person in the bar / pub that thinks it is all about him. In the U.K. they are usually wearing spray on jeans and have a fake tan. 

That said, this bloke is a trained fighter. He has a responsibility. If he was attacked I could understand it. I’ll be honest and say I didn’t see the flinch from the other bloke, but if he did try and feign a hit and got filled in as a result then it is his fault. For all Schilling knows it could be a knife. The fact the bloke is ok makes it acceptable but it could have very easily gone the other way. 

Bisping showed how it is done but he made a very good point about his younger years. I have heard a couple of things about him now that lead me to believe he wasn’t very pleasant. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The fact the bloke is ok makes it acceptable but it could have very easily gone the other way. 

No doubt.

In an alternate universe he's behind bars for the best part of a decade. 

56 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It really doesn't. 

Poor choice of wording 

Makes it more easily acceptable** 

If he did feign an attack then he got what he deserved and the fight back was proportionate. As said, Schilling could have thought it was a knife and reacted out of pure instinct. I still doubt that though given his history but we are only privy to a 20 second video. 

• 2 months later...

You can’t beat a Saturday night of live championship boxing, especially a Saturday night of live Heavyweight championship boxing, the atmosphere is electric, 60,000 watching AJ tonight.

Tough fight this for Joshua, Hatton junior has just won on points after being out boxed for 6 rounds, Usyk better hope it doesn’t go to points. 

• Like 1

Could see that coming. Joshua has been ducking and diving fights for a long time. I remember watching the Klitshko fight when I was in Liverpool and thinking Joshua is being protected, Klits must have been 40 then and he should have won it.

Thats the Tyson money fight over now anyway

I would pay to watch Fury school Haye though....

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Could see that coming. Joshua has been ducking and diving fights for a long time. I remember watching the Klitshko fight when I was in Liverpool and thinking Joshua is being protected, Klits must have been 40 then and he should have won it.

Thats the Tyson money fight over now anyway

I would pay to watch Fury school Haye though....

Wait… Joshua has ducked who? One of his biggest problems is he WONT avoid fighters!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

Wait… Joshua has ducked who? One of his biggest problems is he WONT avoid fighters!

Fury, Wilder, Ortiz...He lost to Ruiz in hos only fight outside the UK. Klitshko was unlucky not to beat him at , what, 40 years of age? 

The division has gone to absolute shit in general though, to be fair. Too much politics, too many belts