BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

To be honest I've never rated Rose and he's done well to get some of the fights he has. No power but looks ok when he keeps behind his jab. Just another who's a good domestic/euro level fighter in reality. Good old Eddie Hearn lol

To be honest I've never rated Rose and he's done well to get some of the fights he has. No power but looks ok when he keeps behind his jab. Just another who's a good domestic/euro level fighter in reality. Good old Eddie Hearn lol

Your quite right. Good old Eddy indeed. Rose is very limited. Paul Smith's another. 3 world title fights? Crolla? If you only watch sky you dont know half of what's happening. Some good UK fighters few know about.

Edited by onlyonejackwalker

I try and watch a good bit of Boxnation, a bit annoying at times but at least they sometimes give others a look in. The way Sky go all over some fighters is shameful. Groves was one before he got flattened. A good fighter but never elite level although he's likely to win a title by luck of having a very limited opponent next.

Can't disagree with any of that. Agree about Groves as well, although he nearly pulled it off 1st time round.

Looking forward to Joshua's next two fights. Scottish guy unbeaten in 22 with 10 stoppages. Or maybe 12 can't remember. Then Dillian White. Unbeaten in 15, big hitter, beat Joshua as an amateur.

• Like 1

First time I've seen White in action and he looked quite handy in the minute or so of action..... About time AJ fought someone under 35 who can bang back a bit. Potential cracker, someone's 0 has to go :)

Ha ha. You love it as much as me. Can't believe I've only just found the cricket and boxing threads!

Can the Scottish guy cause an upset? He's unbeaten as well. His manager wanted him to fight Joshua next year. The fighter said bring it on now.

• 1 month later...

Jack vs groves tonight/tomorrow on box nation I think I may put my TV addons streaming box to use which may involve getting up at 3am or whenever it is due to be on.

Wasn't impressed by groves conduct outside the ring when he fought froch or degale but suppose it's was all a ploy to get under their skin or to dupe simpletons like me into believing there's genuine hatred. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope another world title comes to these shores.

Then groves vs degale rematch for a world title will be a decent fight.

Also will see if Joshua progresses or is taken past a few rounds.

Groves just doesn't set the pulse racing like Froch did, can't even be bothered staying up for any of tonight's fights and I'm a massive boxing fan.

Thought we'd never see anyone take Ricky Hattons mantle, but Froch stepped up, but I have no idea where the next peoples champion is coming from.

• Like 1

Just can't take to Groves and I think mixing in top company he'll come unstuck everytime. However he's a great chance tonight against a limited opponent and I think he'll stop him and become champ. First class gobshite away from the cameras allegedly though so I hope Degale flattens him soon.

Groves lost on points on split decision. Knocked down in the first round. Close fight probably deserved to lose just about but he wasn't happy at all and will probably want a rematch like always. Think that's his last world title shot now unless degale gives him a go. Perhaps he was just another British hype job all along.

Fight of the year will be on 21st November, Canelo v Cotto, has the potential to be an absolute classic.

I love Cotto but not sure how he'll fare in this one. Not sure either if Canelo is actually the real deal or not so I guess this fight will tell us. Mayweather made a right mug of him.

Groves lost on points on split decision. Knocked down in the first round. Close fight probably deserved to lose just about but he wasn't happy at all and will probably want a rematch like always. Think that's his last world title shot now unless degale gives him a go. Perhaps he was just another British hype job all along.

Not watched it back yet but always thought he was a bit overated. The knockdown in the first Froch fight altered the entire image of him I think as it meant he was in command relatively easily. It was a great shot but very clumsy from Froch and if it wasn't for that it would have been much more even but probably the same result. He's a god puncher but not a world level operator and he acts like he's a devine right to hold a world title belt.

At elite level you need an elite chin, elite engine and elite punching power. None of which applies to Groves. Was never going to beat a Mayweather favourite on points, especially after sitting on his ass in round one. Consigned to history now I hope.

Disappointed in Cornish. 18 stone - 6 foot 7. Softy.

Don't write Dillian Whyte off just yet. Has already beat Joshua knocking him down, and is undefeated with 13 knock outs. Genuine bad blood between the two. Can see it being a cracker.

I'll be honest I've never liked Groves one bit even well before the Froch fight although I do repect him as a fighter and a trier. So I haven't got a lot of sympathy for him and now he should quit whining and get back in line. He needs to work his way back after a very long rest if he carries on, the lad looks drained.

Big competition in that division even domestically now and I think Degale or even young Smith takes him out without much bother at the min. He's been handed 3 title shots now and I couldn't see him getting past any of the top boys, time for some serious thinking George.

I'll be honest I've never liked Groves one bit even well before the Froch fight although I do repect him as a fighter and a trier. So I haven't got a lot of sympathy for him and now he should quit whining and get back in line. He needs to work his way back after a very long rest if he carries on, the lad looks drained.

Big competition in that division even domestically now and I think Degale or even young Smith takes him out without much bother at the min. He's been handed 3 title shots now and I couldn't see him getting past any of the top boys, time for some serious thinking George.

As a Froch fan I didn't like Groves either.

Froch was physcologically damaged, fragile, very sloppy early doors and made the first fight much harder than it ever needed to be. Groves dined out and laughed all the way to the bank after putting Froch on his behind. Everyone forgot he had lost!

The 2nd fight took a lot out of him. Embarrassing getting sparked like that.

• Like 1

Agreed, that punch allowed him to boss most of that fight and it gave people the wrong idea of him. Had Froch's head not been scrambled it's likely he would have got to Groves around midway. There was never any sign of that kind of performance from Groves before or after. People drumming him up because of the Saint George angle and seeing him as a possible to fill the Hatton void but in truth he was overated, just a good domestic fighter.

Mind you he's a rich kid now so being a gobshite's done him no harm :)

Froch admitted his head was scrambled for 6 rounds. I hated every minute of that fight. He took so many big right hands flush on his jaw. What a chin!

I was gutted for him. Groves took 18 unanswered shots, some flush, was toppling forward drunkardly and was all over the place. You dont turn yout back in pro-boxing.

Should have been given a count. Then Froch could have pasted him. Then had another go at Ward, Kessler perhaps or maybe even irritated Calzaghe enough. Instead Groves gets his re-match and you know the rest. Froch should have gone out against a great champion, instead of a great occasion.

As I said earlier Froch was the closest thing to Hatton in terms of generating public interest. If he'd fought Chevez in Vegas I'd have gone, along with 5/10,000 others I'd imagine.

You wonder where the next fighter of that ilk will come from, Joshua maybe? Doesn't have the public appeal granted, but heavyweight boxing in Vegas is certainly appealing.

As I said earlier Froch was the closest thing to Hatton in terms of generating public interest. If he'd fought Chevez in Vegas I'd have gone, along with 5/10,000 others I'd imagine.

You wonder where the next fighter of that ilk will come from, Joshua maybe? Doesn't have the public appeal granted, but heavyweight boxing in Vegas is certainly appealing.

Joshua as the people's champion as long as gets past Whyte and they chivvy him along.

Fury for the one you love to hate. Fury v Joshua is already big.

There's mileage in Khan, but he needs to win a defining fight.

Brook is top notch. Skillful and big at the weight.

Selby? Warrington? Callum Smith? Can't see it being Degale.

Quigg is also big at the weight.

Crolla / Matthews / P Smith / Mcdonald brothers not for me.

What about the gold medal kid Campbell?

Good old Barry Hearn. Pumped it all up, but there's a lack of genuine quality.

Joshua as the people's champion as long as gets past Whyte and they chivvy him along.

Fury for the one you love to hate. Fury v Joshua is already big.

There's mileage in Khan, but he needs to win a defining fight.

Brook is top notch. Skillful and big at the weight.

Selby? Warrington? Callum Smith? Can't see it being Degale.

Quigg is also big at the weight.

Crolla / Matthews / P Smith / Mcdonald brothers not for me.

What about the gold medal kid Campbell?

Good old Barry Hearn. Pumped it all up, but there's a lack of genuine quality.

I think you've missed the point.

That point being we have nobody that can capture the public's imagination enough to follow said boxer to far flung places in massive numbers like Froch and Hatton.

Being popular isn't the be all and end all I know, we have some decent fighters, Brook gets the blood flowing but I'd not go out of my way to watch him.

I think you've missed the point.

That point being we have nobody that can capture the public's imagination enough to follow said boxer to far flung places in massive numbers like Froch and Hatton.

Being popular isn't the be all and end all I know, we have some decent fighters, Brook gets the blood flowing but I'd not go out of my way to watch him.

Was just talking. Your point didn't really stretch me. I'm not bothered who the masses choose as their golden boy. I appreciate the sport at all levels.

Was just talking. Your point didn't really stretch me. I'm not bothered who the masses choose as their golden boy. I appreciate the sport at all levels.

Sorry my point didn't 'stretch' you, I'll try harder next time.

You're championing Tyson Furry a few pages back? And you appreciate the sport at all levels?

Not heavyweight obviously....

Edited by GAV