BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen promised new contract by Venkys, Berg knows nothing about it

I´ve come across a quite amusing news article from norwegian news channel TV2, another one of those Venkys classics where you just dont know what to do, the very thin line between laughing or crying. It was also the main news article in the sports section today and i dont see it anywhere else, which i find kind of hilarious. I guess norwegian media got better sources than LT. LMAO.

I will do the courtesy of translating the main points as i speak the language:

During the press conference ahead of the Huddersfield game the new manager was asked about the new contract promised to Pedersen by the lovely chief Anuradha J. Desai. Apparently she called him this weekend and promised him a new contract because she FELT SORRY for him regarding the statements made by Shebby earlier this year, calling him a pensioner. (I swear to Jesus himself, im not making this up NOR translating it wrong)

Pedersen confirms he´s been in touch with the owners but says no more about it at the moment.

They also write he´s Rovers best paid player, with 50K a week due to him not having a relegation wage reduction clause in his contract.

Berg says he´s only been here a couple of days and dont know what has happened before his time.

He also says its the managers decision to decide who stays or goes, but wont comment on Pedersens case specifically.

http://www.tv2.no/sport/fotball/england/championship/blackburneierne-tilboed-gamst-pedersen-ny-kontrakt-uten-at-henning-berg-visste-om-det-3917404.html

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't there that post a while ago saying the likes of Pedersen, Roberts etc were offered new contracts to make them stay but they didn't have relegation clauses in them? And John Williams wasn't happy with this because he felt the players wouldn't be motivated enough.

50 grand a week for Pedersen.....say what you want about the guy but at least he's loyal :rolleyes:

This is the type of thing that is turning supporters off in their thousands just as the Mark Howard article over the weekend does.

I sincerely want Berg to do well but with, IMO, interfering buffoons in the background. he has very, very little chance.

IMO, our club is in chaos and, I will say it again, until ownership changes, we will forever be going backwards, probably towards administration.

Recently, I have turned down two free entertainment match packages to watch Rovers, is it any wonder !

Yes it is! No one is bigger than the club.

Alexanders - if you lived locally, perhaps you would understand more the huge damage caused to our club, the heart and soul that has been ripped out and the affinity / relationship that has been lost with thousands of supporters. That is my opinion.

If you then couple that with the dross that I think has been served up this season, it is clear why the club is haemorrhaging in many ways, perhaps leading to a very sad end.

Once a local institution, or any business for that matter, loses its identity with its supporters/customers, it becomes a huge, huge task to claw its way back.

A new contract on less money maybe, with a couple of years added on the end.

Im sure Berg will decide his future here, nobody else.

Have you learned NOTHING in the last two years?

Venky's call the shots. What Henning does is up to him.

Alexanders - if you lived locally, perhaps you would understand more the huge damage caused to our club, the heart and soul that has been ripped out and the affinity / relationship that has been lost with thousands of supporters. That is my opinion.

If you then couple that with the dross that I think has been served up this season, it is clear why the club is haemorrhaging in many ways, perhaps leading to a very sad end.

Once a local institution, or any business for that matter, loses its identity with its supporters/customers, it becomes a huge, huge task to claw its way back.

I agree partly with you. I think what happened to Cardiff was a bigger crime than what has happened to Rovers over the years. We still have a lot of our identity left (stadium, badge, name, b&w halves). There's still some local players at the club (Dunn, Lowe + lots of youngsters). They have a strong affinity with the club.

Archived