BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen promised new contract by Venkys, Berg knows nothing about it

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would not have been surprised if the contract had been in Pune for approval for weeks. As such the contract probably was on the table before SK left.

It is bad timing though. It is needs adjusting for future but while Mrs. D is in charge all decisions will take a long time. See how long our transfers take, managerial decisions etc.

Who is our fitness coach if Runyer Bollocksov couldn't get a work permit then?

Chris Rush has been doing the fitness work since Mark Howard left. you see him doing the fitness work at the games. he was Mark Howard number 2 in the sport science and fitness department.

i have said this before. how many do i have to say this. ffs. Kamy also said this on a podcast in the last couple of wks.

Would not have been surprised if the contract had been in Pune for approval for weeks. As such the contract probably was on the table before SK left.

It is bad timing though. It is needs adjusting for future but while Mrs. D is in charge all decisions will take a long time. See how long our transfers take, managerial decisions etc.

What needs adjusting? Pedersen's contract?

First of all there is no chance he will sign a new deal with less pay to reflect the fact we were relegated, he doesn't need to - he has two years left on his current one. Secondly if anything should be happening with Pedersen it should be us selling him, rewarding a past it player for doing nothing with a new contract sends out a bad message to the rest of the players and to the fan base.

Chris Rush has been doing the fitness work since Mark Howard left. you see him doing the fitness work at the games. he was Mark Howard number 2 in the sport science and fitness department.

i have said this before. how many do i have to say this. ffs. Kamy also said this on a podcast in the last couple of wks.

Chris Rush ISN'T a fitness coach. He was never brought into the club to do fitness, he shouldn't be doing fitness and he isn't a fully trained fitness coach like Mark Howard was.

He is a strengh and conditioning coach, it's an entirely different thing.

You seem to have developed an anger management issue in recent times Chaddy. Calm down fella.

Also, it would be good if you could slow down and type out all of the words that are in your head rather than missing some out now and again.

I dont know why MGP bothers to stay loyal to the rovers some of the so called fans are just a set of idiots when it comes to him last season some of the abuse he took was beyond the pale.

He is still the best delivery of a dead ball we have and his long throws are not being used enough at the moment get off his back and look at the performance of other so called senior members of the squad also I thought the remarks made by our so called Global Advisor Shebby Singh were a disgrace and disrespectful to a player who has served the rovers for a good number of years.

I dont know why MGP bothers to stay loyal to the rovers some of the so called fans are just a set of idiots when it comes to him last season some of the abuse he took was beyond the pale.

He is still the best delivery of a dead ball we have and his long throws are not being used enough at the moment get off his back and look at the performance of other so called senior members of the squad also I thought the remarks made by our so called Global Advisor Shebby Singh were a disgrace and disrespectful to a player who has served the rovers for a good number of years.

Take away his set pieces and he is utter pants and at times even a liability. I'm not one of them but I can completely understand why fans get on his back.

What are your views on Sam Allardyce and Mick McCarthy? You and jimmkII might have alot in common? :lol::tu:

Plenty of players get stick on here. Why are some always quick to give Peddsy Bear the sympathy vote? Could it be because he's "loyal" (£££), or because he says the right things on his blog, or because they're still living in 2005?

Shebby's comments were dumb and unprofessional but that doesn't mean Pedersen deserves a pity contract. He's a spent force, only good for the odd set-piece delivery. His overall game is lacking and the only way Allardyce found any use for him was pushing him infield and playing to percentages. And even then he was deadweight for most of the games.

Wasn't there that post a while ago saying the likes of Pedersen, Roberts etc were offered new contracts to make them stay but they didn't have relegation clauses in them? And John Williams wasn't happy with this because he felt the players wouldn't be motivated enough.

Although it has become apparent hasn't it that under John Williams it was the ludicrous norm to have to offer players a new contract for the following season once they had completed ten games (or whatever the exact figure was) of the current season.

As for the current story, where's it originated from, a tweet on the internet by someone at the Sunday People? Which has subsequently been recycled elsewhere?

I would therefore have severe doubts as to the veracity of the story. If however there's any truth in it it's disgraceful. Firstly the manager should be the only one who should decide as to whether a specific player should get a new contract. Secondly, never has a player stuck two fingers up at the fans for so long with his performances as Pedersen. And continued to be so handsomely rewarded for it.

There isn't much that would ever make me question whether it was worth continuing to go down to Ewood, but if MGP were to be offered yet another new contract, that would be the first time.

Memo to Mrs. D. :

50k p.w. on Pedersen, 8k p.w. on Hendry. That's practically 60k p.w. going to complete waste right there. Might as well set fire to 3m quid for all the use it does us. Get rid asap if anyone will have them.

Personally, I'd be quite happy to see Pedersen here for another year. I believe we look better with him in the team than when he is out of it. Pedersen does a good job defensively and his set pieces are generally good. At least he is disciplined in his approach to team play unlike some of our "fancy dans" who seem to think that winning the ball back after losing it is not part of their job.

Not often that I agree with Topman

I am sure if you looked up the all time assist table for Blackburn Rovers, you will find MGP somewhere near the top. The frustration is he couldn't carry on the form early in his career at Ewood. However, it is wrong to slag his current performances just because he's not quite the same player.

The reality is, we are more likely to score with Gamst on the pitch. Someone described his set pieces as "ok"- I would argue that he is the best set piece taker to grace Ewood in my lifetime.

People need to open their eyes a little. Slagging of players for not staying loyal, and then calling those who stated only motivated by cash. Madness really, but to sum it up;

The General Football fan is truly ignorant.

Personally, I'd be quite happy to see Pedersen here for another year. I believe we look better with him in the team than when he is out of it. Pedersen does a good job defensively and his set pieces are generally good. At least he is disciplined in his approach to team play unlike some of our "fancy dans" who seem to think that winning the ball back after losing it is not part of their job.

Strange how you can view the game differently. I see a player who deems it acceptable to just let the opposition run past him without even attempting putting to put a challenge in.

You could put a cardboard cut out of Pedersen on the pitch and you'd have roughly the same effect. The opposing player would still have to run round it and we'd save our self 50k p.w.!

Not often that I agree with Topman

I am sure if you looked up the all time assist table for Blackburn Rovers, you will find MGP somewhere near the top. The frustration is he couldn't carry on the form early in his career at Ewood. However, it is wrong to slag his current performances just because he's not quite the same player.

The reality is, we are more likely to score with Gamst on the pitch. Someone described his set pieces as "ok"- I would argue that he is the best set piece taker to grace Ewood in my lifetime.

People need to open their eyes a little. Slagging of players for not staying loyal, and then calling those who stated only motivated by cash. Madness really, but to sum it up;

The General Football fan is truly ignorant.

I'm not having any of that. When he was at his peak Pedersen's set pieces and free kicks were excellent. But even they have tailed off drastically in recent seasons in line with the rest of his general play.

As for loyalty, he's been playing so poorly for so long none of the big Clubs would have been interested other than in his peak seasons. And no-one else is prepared to pay him as much as we do hence the reason he hasn't moved on in more recent years.

Strange how you can view the game differently. I see a player who deems it acceptable to just let the opposition run past him without even attempting putting to put a challenge in.

You could put a cardboard cut out of Pedersen on the pitch and you'd have roughly the same effect. The opposing player would still have to run round it and we'd save our self 50k p.w.!

To be fair, you can say that about our entire midfield

Archived