BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is it time to re hire JW

yoda

Now the green shoots of Henning Begs term in charge appear to be showing, is it time to think maybe the venkys got something right at last!

To continue their (hopefully) re-habilitation, is it now the time for them to re hire JW and let Shebby get on with advising the world and leave the football people to get on with their job?

Those bridges are burned. Even if Rovers did ask (Hell would freeze over first), Mr. Williams wouldn't accept.

Move on.

You couldn't be more wrong MG.

If Rovers asked him to comeback and gave him certain assurances about being able to run the cub then he would very seriously consider coming back, but i agree that there is no chance that the owners would do this, their paranoia RE JW is absolutely breathtaking.

VERY early days to talk about Venky's turning any sort of corner, especially in light of the infighting and bureaucracy still going on behind the scenes. JW is too professional to return to such a scenario and Venky's are too proud/stupid to give him the assurances he would need to do his job. Never going to happen in a month of Sundays.

If Rovers asked him to comeback and gave him certain assurances about being able to run the cub then he would very seriously consider coming back, but i agree that there is no chance that the owners would do this, their paranoia RE JW is absolutely breathtaking.

Kamy is right, and fans would be delight if he came back.

would be the best decision Venkys could make.

Im sure Shebby know how much fans would be delight if JW came back.

Im sure Shebby know how much fans would be delight if JW came back.

The same way he thought we'd love Billy McKinlay?

Why would Singh want someone here who would potentially undermine him?

Why would JW leave his position at Man. City for this madhouse?

Those bridges are burned. Even if Rovers did ask (Hell would freeze over first), Mr. Williams wouldn't accept.

Move on.

John Williams has more integrity in his little finger than the whole Rao family (and their hangers-on) put together. There will never be a wholesale acceptance of these people by the majority of Rovers fans. If the bridges are burned then Venkys lit them in the first place.

their paranoia RE JW is absolutely breathtaking. care to elaborate kamy

Move on.

MG, I would love to know why you are so convinced

Kamy, you are usually right when you post

Consider this MG etc, on a scale of 1 to 10 would it be harder to get JW back than it was to get rid of coco

Just think letting JW go was the biggest mistake our so called owners have made

I think its a pipe dream! - but would be delighted if it ever came to fruition

Dead right. Strangely some of our fans at the time thought he was just a pen pusher and we wouldn't miss him. Probably the same fans who saw no problems in sacking Sam, agents supplying players for the manager, giving Kean more time, selling all of our better players, replacing them with unproven foreigners and who thought every transfer window strengthened the squad, etc, etc. Dark room and working out if they actually know what was needed to keep rovers in the prem comes to mind.

:brfcsmilie:

VERY early days to talk about Venky's turning any sort of corner, especially in light of the infighting and bureaucracy still going on behind the scenes. JW is too professional to return to such a scenario and Venky's are too proud/stupid to give him the assurances he would need to do his job. Never going to happen in a month of Sundays.

That will be 31 weeks then !

The same way he thought we'd love Billy McKinlay?

Why would Singh want someone here who would potentially undermine him?

Why would JW leave his position at Man. City for this madhouse?

For the same reason Berg took the job maybe ;)

The only way JW will come back is under new ownership.

Shebby tolerates Shaw as he seems as weak as pee.

Can you honestly see him coping with a professional like JW?

I did put this proviso in the opening

"let Shebby get on with advising the world and leave the football people to get on with their job?"

Move on.

Thought you were banned . Well hoped you were.

John Williams has more integrity in his little finger than the whole Rao family (and their hangers-on) put together. There will never be a wholesale acceptance of these people by the majority of Rovers fans. If the bridges are burned then Venkys lit them in the first place.

Absolutely spot on .

VENKYS OUT

He was a fantastic servant to the club who got the majority of his decision making correct during his tenure, but that's in the past now. Rovers have moved on and so has he.

I would imagine he wouldn't come back as he is doing a pretty decent job at City by the looks of it. Even if he was interested the club has changed so much now and the assurances he would seek are not possible under these owners.

• Backroom

Even if JW did get "assurances" from Venky's, how could he trust them? They've told so many lies it's impossible to take anything they say seriously. They'd quite literally have to write every assurance into his contract, and even then I wouldn't put it past them to breach that. As long as Venky's are here I do not see JW returning in any capacity, as sad as that is.

• Moderation Lead

Even if JW did get "assurances" from Venky's, how could he trust them? They've told so many lies it's impossible to take anything they say seriously. They'd quite literally have to write every assurance into his contract, and even then I wouldn't put it past them to breach that. As long as Venky's are here I do not see JW returning in any capacity, as sad as that is.

Indeed. At any rate, I suspect he's on a much easier, and better paid gig at City as well- would be surprised if he walked away from that.

Archived