BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

By broadcasting the meeting all it does is give people who couldn't attend a chance to listen and make their own mind up

Glenn himself has live tweeted from one of the action group meetings and the site tweeted from the Shebby Singh meeting for the same reasons

Have read the tweets from this morning's meeting.

A bit worrying that a couple of the tweets around insolvency law (Administration) are, IMO, factually incorrect:

https://twitter.com/RoversTrust

Doesn't help with the credibility.

Mercer Dan is a financial man working in Sweden, he may not be familiar with UK Insolvency Law, I've never discussed it with him.

Rest assured there are several people on the Steering Group well aware the administrator can be appointed by the company, its directors or the holder of a floating charge without recourse to the courts. Other creditors have to petition the court.

Mercer Dan is a financial man working in Sweden, he may not be familiar with UK Insolvency Law, I've never discussed it with him.

Rest assured there are several people on the Steering Group well aware the administrator can be appointed by the company, its directors or the holder of a floating charge without recourse to the courts. Other creditors have to petition the court.

Any such 'new' organisation needs to get off to a flyer and impress with its presentation, substance and front men.

Credibility and integrity are key 'public perceptions', especially when you are asking them to pledge substantial amounts of money.

When asked the question, surely Dan would have been better deferring to a colleague, making the point that his understanding of UK insolvency law might not be fully up to speed.

will be brfcs be broadcasting the action groups meetings on the brfcs radio?

again not kean stirring , a genuine question.

We put out the audio from from last public brfcag meeting on our podcast feed and assuming the legal issues we had last time can be sorted ahead of time then we'd be delighted to future AG meetings live. The idea as always is to serve our members regardless of which groups they favour

Any such 'new' organisation needs to get off to a flyer and impress with its presentation, substance and front men.

Credibility and integrity are key 'public perceptions', especially when you are asking them to pledge substantial amounts of money.

When asked the question, surely Dan would have been better deferring to a colleague, making the point that his understanding of UK insolvency law might not be fully up to speed.

The tweets were conducted by myself. Given my confusion on the subject of administration, I may have made a mistake in the wording of the tweet, of which I will rectify. I was juggling a few things at once throughout the morning. :)

Having attend several of these public meetings held by various groups (even helped organise one back in the BRISA day) I can safely say the trust are head and shoulders above everyone when it comes to professionalism. You may question the concept of fan investment and board representation, but their professionalism is head and shoulders above the rest.

That reminds me, why on earth did vital ask their secretary for an interview? The Trust have a professional press and pr agent. In most organisations the secretary is one of last people you put public facing (the FF being a notable exception ;) ). Your secretary has a hard enough job actually organising stuff without doing PR work too!

Having attend several of these public meetings held by various groups (even helped organise one back in the BRISA day) I can safely say the trust are head and shoulders above everyone when it comes to professionalism. You may question the concept of fan investment and board representation, but their professionalism is head and shoulders above the rest.

That reminds me, why on earth did vital ask their secretary for an interview? The Trust have a professional press and pr agent. In most organisations the secretary is one of last people you put public facing (the FF being a notable exception ;) ). Your secretary has a hard enough job actually organising stuff without doing PR work too!

I sincerely hope that you are right on this call as, who knows, they might one day be the club's salvation.

The only point that I am making is that if you set yourself up as a viable alternative, it's essential that you have all your ducks lined-up correctly in a row !

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-20477754

I sincerely hope that you are right on this call as, who knows, they might one day be the club's salvation.

The only point that I am making is that if you set yourself up as a viable alternative, it's essential that you have all your ducks lined-up correctly in a row !

We do! The context of the question was what would happen from the Trusts view if Rovers were in administration. It wasn't a discussion on administration.

Just reading this thread makes me over the bloody moon that we're owned by venkys, it really does. The thought of some of you lot in positions of power within the club scares the kean out of me. I don't care which groups you belong to just take the time to read some of the nonsense on this thread, read the way you are talking about your fellow fans! It's sickening!!

Can't help but agree with the above.

I was at Blackburn Cathedral yesterday morning and was very impressed by all who spoke. I think many need to regard the Rovers Trust as an insurance policy that would kick in in BRFC's hour of need. If prior to that it can find a role as an ombudsman to the club and act as a check/balance if Venkys get any more odd ideas with our club, that can only be a good thing. It likely already is having a beneficial effect on the improved recent running of the club, bringing together perceived influential Rovers supporters to the current owner's attention. It just needs a more popular backing to be more effective.

For a tenner a year it is a good thing to support, with its community links and all. I wish other fan groups could put aside petty politicking and get involved with this worthy venture too.

As for the £1000 investment, fans should not be alarmed by the proposal. Peter Pike, invited in his role as Clarets Trust chair, said about 10 years ago when BFC were in dire financial straits, approx 1000 of their fans stumped up the same amount. Now they obviously lived on to get beaten by Rovers on another day and those 'investors' got a signed nylon shirt for their efforts but they never got the foot in the Turf Moor door that maybe the Rovers Trust could negotiate were we to be in a similar position at Ewood.

Finally, anyone who is alienated by the hype, money, greed and arrogance of modern football should see the grassroots Supporters Direct movement as a way of fighting back collectively against all that there is wrong in the game.

I take it that the idea is keep a version of Blackburn Rovers alive if everything implodes in next 18 months? By that I mean a club that still exists and functions in the lower leagues, as I just cannot see any viability for such ownership for a club in Premier League or Championship.

I take it that the idea is keep a version of Blackburn Rovers alive if everything implodes in next 18 months? By that I mean a club that still exists and functions in the lower leagues, as I just cannot see any viability for such ownership for a club in Premier League or Championship.

I agree, BRB. This - or maybe a 1% (or similar) shareholding - is the only thing I can really see being practical.

For a tenner a year it is a good thing to support, with its community links and all. I wish other fan groups could put aside petty politicking and get involved with this worthy venture too.

I don't understand why the other group hasn't united with this group, what is the point in having two groups?

That seem to be point scoring against each other. Whilst I wouldn't stump up 1k I would certainly support the idea of others doing it as people have said as a last resort..

Archived