BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradley Orr on loan to Ipswich

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it doesn't. It's still tabloid tittle tattle. I think Berg has picked the team since he got here. There's NO reason to believe otherwise, imo.

I'd imagine it was a joint effort tbh. Berg hardly knew the players capabilities never mind the sh1t that was happening behind the scenes. He'd probably know the formation that he would like but for that first game it'd make perfect sense for no one individual to actually pick the team but rather it be done almost by committee with input from Black et al too.

When I mentioned that Singh had chose the team against Palace, I got slaughtered.

That was the case and Orr was not happy. Nixon then published the story and Orr was fuming thereafter that it became public knowledge. He went for showdown talks with Berg and this has resulted in him being loaned out.

So those that thought I was stirring and being negative, hope that suffices.

I don't know who picked the team but Orr definately thought Singh told Berg to drop him. That was why he went to see Berg last week with his advisor.

No, it doesn't. It's still tabloid tittle tattle. I think Berg has picked the team since he got here. There's NO reason to believe otherwise, imo.

That's not a slight on YOU btw. Just going for the simplest explanation: Berg has seen Orr play previous to being appointed and had already made his judgement on him.

Berg did not pick the team for the Palace game, from what I believe. A certain advisor told Berg to drop Orr, I believe. This was then published in the paper by Alan Nixon, which in turn infuriated Orr. Orr then went on to have words with Berg and the end result, as we all now know means he has left.

Berg did not pick the team for the Palace game, from what I believe. A certain advisor told Berg to drop Orr, I believe. This was then published in the paper by Alan Nixon, which in turn infuriated Orr. Orr then went on to have words with Berg and the end result, as we all now know means he has left.

None of what you say means that Singh actually DID advise Berg to drop Orr, apart from the bleating scouse no-mark 'believing' he did. I'm not defending Singh per se, but Berg simply doesn't strike me as being the type who would tolerate being told who to pick or drop. There'll be a reason why Bradley Orr is a journeyman. On another note, and this isn't aimed particularly at you Blue n White Rover, but is it not time we stopped indulging in these conspiracy theories about what goes on behind the scenes and just got on with being supporters again?

More like Orr went to see Berg and said why am I not playing, I have heard that Shebby told you to drop me.

Berg probably replied that Shebby had recomended that I drop you but it is my decision, accept it and fight for your place

Orr toys out of the pram

Why didn't this certain advisor tell Black not to play Orr? Surely Black would have been easier to influence?

Doesn't add up for me.

I think this is supported by the fact that Henley was the chosen replacement. To me this suggests that Berg already rated Henley highly - if he'd come in blind and was instructed to drop Orr, surely Ribeiro/Lowe would have been the chosen replacement as they'd played there already this season? Not someone who hadn't featured.

Not many positive comments about Orr on this thread! Good. I have not forgiven him since the Wigan interview and am pleased he has gone. Fingers crossed they don't send him back when they discover what a complete and utter tosser he is.

Singh is picking the team? I don't think so. He may have recommended that Orr is removed knowing the depth of fan feeling against him, but I don't for one minute think he is picking the team and any exclusion or loan will ultimately have been Berg's decision to make. The early signs are positive under Berg, we just need a few wins now and to be in contention when the window re-opens.

Like I said guys, I am not trying to stir things up here. I am just telling you what I had heard. Berg did not pick that first team against Palace. You can believe what you want but I am very confident that he didn't.

Again, if you don't believe what I say, step forward T4E, who again was told about the Orr situation when it happened.

If Berg had dropped Orr, then why would he leave and not fight for his place? It makes no sense. His interview after he left suggests to me that he wasn't happy at the fact Shebby had picked the team. As I said, this resulted in him having showdown talks with Berg, and resulted in him leaving.

That's my well informed opinion of course.

Anyway, I am glad he's gone. He really annoyed me with that interview after we got relegated and will never forgive the cretin for that.

Like I said guys, I am not trying to stir things up here. I am just telling you what I had heard. Berg did not pick that first team against Palace. You can believe what you want but I am very confident that he didn't.

Again, if you don't believe what I say, step forward T4E, who again was told about the Orr situation when it happened.

If Berg had dropped Orr, then why would he leave and not fight for his place? It makes no sense. His interview after he left suggests to me that he wasn't happy at the fact Shebby had picked the team. As I said, this resulted in him having showdown talks with Berg, and resulted in him leaving.

Anyway, I am glad he's gone. He really annoyed me with that interview after we got relegated and will never forgive the cretin for that.

With the greatest respect just because a rumour goes round, even if it had emanated from Bradley Orr himself, does not provide any evidence whatsoever that Singh instructed or advised Berg to drop him. All the evidence suggests that this is unlikely, despite any unfounded rumours. Again, I would make the point that it is well established that Berg is his own man, and I think we should just accept that and get behind him and the players. Whether you are trying to stir things or not, these sort of rumours are just that - rumours. Unhelpful ones at that, because if I thought for a minute that Berg had allowed Singh to dictate to him or even that he had acted on Singh's footballing advice, it would totally undermine my belief that he can be a very good manager for this football club.

• Moderation Lead

Why wouldn't he leave and fight for his place? Because he's a bell-end?

What you say doesn't make any particular sense. Normally in situations like that you would expect the outgoing assistant (Black) to pick the line up possibly in conjunction with a suggestion or two from the new manager. So if that was essentially Black's team that started the Palace game with Berg stipulating Henley as a starter it would be little surprise.

Anyhow, if Singh supposedly picked the team when Berg joined, why didn't he do it when Kean left?. We've seen three very different set ups from Kean, Black and Berg and Berg's preferred line up has remained tremendously consistent since he joined which doesn't tend to suggest Singh has had any input into team selection at all.

I think this is supported by the fact that Henley was the chosen replacement. To me this suggests that Berg already rated Henley highly - if he'd come in blind and was instructed to drop Orr, surely Ribeiro/Lowe would have been the chosen replacement as they'd played there already this season? Not someone who hadn't featured.

That's the part I don't get Shebby really like Ribeiro and talks about him alot and yet Henley plays??? Oh well footballs a funny world and people love to talk just look at all the mixed reasons for not getting Cat1 with the youth.

• Backroom

Why didn't this certain advisor tell Black not to play Orr? Surely Black would have been easier to influence?

Doesn't add up for me.

This is the reason I doubted the Singh picking the team story as if he was then the ideal time would have been when Black was in charge and in that time we played a team quite similar to a Kean team

No doubt Shebby does try and put his opinion on footballing matters across though

This is the reason I doubted the Singh picking the team story as if he was then the ideal time would have been when Black was in charge and in that time we played a team quite similar to a Kean team

No doubt Shebby does try and put his opinion on footballing matters across though

No doubt Tom, but irrespective of what we may think of SS, that will form part of his role as well. That is not the same as picking the team however!

No doubt Tom, but irrespective of what we may think of SS, that will form part of his role as well. That is not the same as picking the team however!

Before the Palace match did not most posters say that Orr would be annihilated with Zaha's pace so we should play the faster more agile Henley, maybe that choice was a mixture of Berg/Black/ Hendry and Shebby.

What you say doesn't make any particular sense. Normally in situations like that you would expect the outgoing assistant (Black) to pick the line up possibly in conjunction with a suggestion or two from the new manager. So if that was essentially Black's team that started the Palace game with Berg stipulating Henley as a starter it would be little surprise.

Anyhow, if Singh supposedly picked the team when Berg joined, why didn't he do it when Kean left?. We've seen three very different set ups from Kean, Black and Berg and Berg's preferred line up has remained tremendously consistent since he joined which doesn't tend to suggest Singh has had any input into team selection at all.

I have no idea why SS didn't pick the team when Black was in charge. All I was told before the Palace game was that Orr would not be in the squad, along with Murphy. I was told the decision to drop these players came from a certain advisor.

Like I said, Berg has been working with Orr for less than a week, why would he let him go straight away without sufficient cover?

SS picked that team. You can say what you like about Berg and that he doesn't take nonsense or isn't a puppet, but that side against Palace was not a Berg choice.

All of this is my well informed opinion of course. I trust the people that told me. You don't trust what I'm telling you. That's your call.

I have no idea why SS didn't pick the team when Black was in charge. All I was told before the Palace game was that Orr would not be in the squad, along with Murphy. I was told the decision to drop these players came from a certain advisor.

Like I said, Berg has been working with Orr for less than a week, why would he let him go straight away without sufficient cover?

SS picked that team. You can say what you like about Berg and that he doesn't take nonsense or isn't a puppet, but that side against Palace was not a Berg choice.

All of this is my well informed opinion of course. I trust the people that told me. You don't trust what I'm telling you. That's your call.

Sorry...but that whole post is littered with nonsense. There is too much you can't explain.

SS telling Berg who to pick and not Black makes no sense. If you have sources, ask them why. The theory can't have any credibility without trying to explain that.

The Danny Murphy bit...Murphy played against Palace. Surely that invalidates it immediately?

No cover for Orr? Henley, Ribeiro and Lowe is hardly 'no cover'.

Sorry...but that whole post is littered with nonsense. There is too much you can't explain.

SS telling Berg who to pick and not Black makes no sense. If you have sources, ask them why. The theory can't have any credibility without trying to explain that.

The Danny Murphy bit...Murphy played against Palace. Surely that invalidates it immediately?

No cover for Orr? Henley, Ribeiro and Lowe is hardly 'no cover'.

Sorry I meant Murphy came back into the team, after being dropped by Black.

Where was Henley before Berg all of a sudden unearthed him? It made no sense to all of a sudden drop Orr and bring Henley in.

That decision along with the decision to bring Murphy back was both made by SS. If you don't want to believe that, it's fine. I don't really care, however what I have been told about Orr has coincided with him leaving (and him coming out talking about problems at Ewood). I wonder why?

Sorry...but that whole post is littered with nonsense. There is too much you can't explain. I am at a laptop now so will try to explain further, and have also been in contact with my source to clarify some of the areas which I have not explained clearly, so hope this helps.

SS telling Berg who to pick and not Black makes no sense. If you have sources, ask them why. The theory can't have any credibility without trying to explain that. Having just spoke to him, his response was plain and simple. Black would have told him where to go if he had interfered with team selection, hence Shebby didn't bother and was more concentrated on the managerial search at the time. You also have to note that Black knows these players a lot better than Berg did at the time of the Palace game.

The Danny Murphy bit...Murphy played against Palace. Surely that invalidates it immediately? I was mistaken, and in that game Murphy actually came back into the starting eleven, again after advice from our Global Advisor, I believe. Check previous 2 games (I think), where Murphy had been dropped by Black.

No cover for Orr? Henley, Ribeiro and Lowe is hardly 'no cover'. As I stated in my above post, Henley came from nowhere. If my memory serves me right, the lad has hardly been in the squad all season. Then all of a sudden he's pushed into the starting 11, ahead of Ribiero, who has actually started games for us under Kean. Lowe is not a RB. So having Ribiero, who isn't the greatest and Henley, isn't the best of cover.

Henning had not seen Orr play from what I have just been told. Orr was gutted to have been dropped for the game, and when the article was released that Shebby had "advised" Berg on Orr, he was infuriated and had a heated exchange of words with Berg, I believe. This has in turn led to him leaving (no doubt squeezed out by SS, in my opinion).

If you require me to expand even further, then please do not hesitate to ask.

Hope that clarifies it a little better.

Edit: Just for the record, SS is no longer involved in team selection, otherwise his Portugese superstars would be starting.

I just dont believe that SS is picking the team because Berg wouldnt have took the job or stand for it as our fans from Norway have said.

Orr is a poor player and should have not be in the team this season. Henley is a great talent and will be a very good player and needs to play.

very pleased Orr has left rovers.

Also Berg would have seen Orr play for rovers last season when he was a TV pundit.

Henley should have be a first team starter with Bruno is decent back up and with Lowe able to play there aswell.

Archived