BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who does Berg shift out next?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding Goodwillie, is it not likely that his "decline" from what he was in Scotland to where he is now is due to Kean? When he's been given half a chance he's managed to scrap a goal here and there but it seems to me that he needs confidence. I say give him a chance under Berg and judge him fully after that.

Regarding Goodwillie, is it not likely that his "decline" from what he was in Scotland to where he is now is due to Kean? When he's been given half a chance he's managed to scrap a goal here and there but it seems to me that he needs confidence. I say give him a chance under Berg and judge him fully after that.

My thoughts too. The guy has goals in him, especially in this league too. I'd like to think he is in the gym working the flab off and can come good in Jan. Kean let people get unfit and unmotivated, Berg will do the opposite or get rid of those who don't want to play along.

I'm surprised Scott Dann hasn't got a mention, the guy is a bloody liability and has lost us points on his own...

I really didn't like Dann last season but he's arguably been our best player this season, a damning indictment of how low we've sunk maybe. I think he's found his level.

I really didn't like Dann last season but he's arguably been our best player this season

I've read that a few times, I think it's stemmed from an Andy Cryer. Dann was at fault again at the weekend. Undoubtedly he's better this season, but still poor for me. Surely nobody would argue Dann has had a better season than Rhodes so far?

• Backroom

I hope Goodwillie comes good but if he didn't do well under the new Shankley (wee Dougie) then I am a bit worried

Hopefully he is limiting his donut intake at the moment

Edinho will never be a top class centre forward. He isn't fast or strong which means to lead the line he would need exceptional off the ball movement, intelligence and anticipation.

Formica is just a poorer alternative to Rochina and Vukcevic.

Kazim-Richards is a loose cannon and not what we need.

I've read that a few times, I think it's stemmed from an Andy Cryer. Dann was at fault again at the weekend. Undoubtedly he's better this season, but still poor for me. Surely nobody would argue Dann has had a better season than Rhodes so far?

It's just my opinion on what I've seen of him this season, granted he's no Thiago Silva but overall he's played well. Though admittedly he couldn't have got much worse from last season, where I think quite a number of goals were conceded from him not running/jumping with his man from crosses and corners. And trust me LeChuck this is coming from a staunch Dann hater of last season. Your point about Rhodes, like I said, 'arguably' our best player.

I hope Goodwillie comes good but if he didn't do well under the new Shankley (wee Dougie) then I am a bit worried

Hopefully he is limiting his donut intake at the moment

I think they've just been playing one up top.....Glen Murray or whatever his name is.

He should, in theory, try harder in training/games etc to try and get back in the Scotland squad and impress the new manager, once he arrives.

The squad we have should be good enough to get us up. I'd like us to add another quality young central midfielder, in the mould of a young Dunny, take a risk on a lower league player? A central defender, a good one, we took Berg back from Utd years ago and saw an upturn in results. I'd like a similar signing, a wes brown or Distin, someone with experience positional sense and quality. I'd like to think we have enough upfront. A left back would be nice. Givet is a great centre half, olsson is better further up.. Warlock would have been perfect.

So I'd free up those places in the squad. Get rid of a centre half and a midfielder or three + the dross everyone has mentioned in the previous threads!

The squad we have should be good enough to get us up. I'd like us to add another quality young central midfielder, in the mould of a young Dunny, take a risk on a lower league player? A central defender, a good one, we took Berg back from Utd years ago and saw an upturn in results. I'd like a similar signing, a wes brown or Distin, someone with experience positional sense and quality. I'd like to think we have enough upfront. A left back would be nice. Givet is a great centre half, olsson is better further up.. Warlock would have been perfect.

So I'd free up those places in the squad. Get rid of a centre half and a midfielder or three + the dross everyone has mentioned in the previous threads!

We are in a very similar position to when we were last in this league, a decent squad on paper that should have been doing better. Even though we had loads of excellent youngsters back then, for me the two magic ingredients that made all of the difference, were Berg and Berkovic.

So quite a few have mentioned Formica despite Berg playing him much more, and the same goes for Vukcevic. Cant see either leaving, or Marcus Olsson who is forming a decent partnership with his brother and is a useful squad player.

Think Dann isnt good enough in the prem but in this league he will do....ship him out in the summer if we go up.

For me id be looking at Pedersen, CKR (Bad attitude), Ribierio and Liganzi to go and possibly loan out Jorge & Edinho to a lower league to gain some experience.

In all honesty Danny Murphy would have been high up on most peoples lists until a couple of games ago. From the outset Henning Berg said he would assess his squad and that takes time. Who knows, out of the host of names we don't know a lot about there could be another top player who will flourish under a different regime.

I agree with that.

It's difficult to judge the current squad when they were being continually mis-used and mis-managed by Kean.

Let's see what Berg can do with this lot before the January transfer window comes around.

I have a feeling that players like Simon V, Rochina, Henley and Murphy (being used correctly) could be like new signings for us anyway...

• Backroom

I agree with that.

It's difficult to judge the current squad when they were being continually mis-used and mis-managed by Kean.

Let's see what Berg can do with this lot before the January transfer window comes around.

I have a feeling that players like Simon V, Rochina, Henley and Murphy (being used correctly) could be like new signings for us anyway...

I think they all can, tbh. The potential is there. I always thought Formica could be a kind of 'careful Savage', if such a thing exists. He's got a decent tackle on him (wahey!) and will run and run and run after the ball. He could be used as a box-to-box man imo, which would allow more cover for Etuhu, Murphy and Lowe.

Hanley has enormous potential, he just needs to learn to stay calm. We've seen what Martin Olsson can do and he needs to get back to old standards. And we've Leon best to return yet.

There's plenty of potential in this squad to kick on and get up there with Cardiff, Boro and Palace. Just hope Berg is the man to do the kicking.

• Backroom

Don't see the benefit of getting rid of any of the fringe players mid season unless they are really causing issues within the team

What may separate us from others at the end of the season is depth of squad

I agree with that.

I agree....I'd add Formica to that list also....there was never any passes on.....the only CM's who ever really played well were Dunn by driving at defenders and Nzonzi who keeped things ticking over.....Kean's tactics seriously inhibited creative midfielders.

Archived