BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who does Berg shift out next?

Start with Robinson. An Ok keeper, but ok isn't going to win you promotion. We need stability at the back, and that starts with a great goalkeeper. Time to look for another Brad Friedel. We can't settle with mediocre. The defense - well it can't get any worse than it is right now, is it?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt we could attract a keeper better than Robbo to be honest , he may well have his best days behind him ..

If the players fitness improves , in theory so should Robbos ..

Finding another Friedel and a young Dunny , is going to be very difficult ..

Best keeper , I have ever seen play for Rovers and I can remember Blacklaw !

Dunn , ok probably not done his talent justice but still been a good player for Rovers and will be useful in this division !

Don't see the benefit of getting rid of any of the fringe players mid season unless they are really causing issues within the team

I can seee one:

pound-sign.jpg

We do need to trim the squad down and move on these fringe players we've signed. I can't see any point in keeping all of these stocking fillers and pennies make pounds.

Bye Byes

Henrique

Edinho

Slew

Goodwillie

Sandermoerski (sp)

Usai

Jorge

Linguini

Rosado

Ms Olsson

CKR

The above would most likely shave +100K a week off the wage bill and for me have never been needed.

2 for each position and then some kiddies to back them up and we're laughing really.

Robbo

Kean

Henley Hanley Givet Olsson

Riberio Dann R Edwards Another

Etuhu Murphy

Lowe MGP

Vuckevic Dunn Rochina

Another Formica Another

Rhodes

Best/Gomes

Cotton, O'Connell, Hanley give us cover in defence and midfield and I'd go looking for a young up and coming striker if at all possible. Personnally I'd like a starting left back as I'd still rather see Olsson MKI on the wing. I think the above is easily good enough to get back up and with one or two strong signings we could stay up once there. So a left back and two wingers for me, but if someone wanted to take Formica off our hands I'd shift Vuckevic central and sign another RW.

Maj are you having a laugh? You are saying get rid of Usai and the new Polish keeper and keep one back up inexperienced keeper is total suicide so far this season Robbo has been shakey at times if Robbo got injured relying on an 18 year old rookie is asking for trouble. You say get rid of Sando he hasn't even played yet to get rid before we have even seen him in the first team is suicide plus he is highly thought of in Poland and don't forget his frame is 6'4 he will be able to cover his goal quite well and the last I heard he was doing quite well in the reserves before his unfortunate injury.

You also state get rid of Henrique I hear he is playing well in the ressies he is a a 6ft + defender and possibly a good long term replacement for Dann as & when he leaves and getting rid of Marcus Olsson would be total madness his pace in this division is a vital component. I though do agree Edinho,Slew,Goodwillie, Linguini I thought his name was Linganzi & Kazim Richards should all go. To get rid of Rosado & Jorge would be madness both young players with potential apart from the mistake I thought Rosado did ok & Jorge has not yet played to write him off just like that is madness and if anything Usai & Sando should stay on and Kean should go on loan somewhere to get experience.

There might be a couple of loan players coming our way soon. That'll give you a good idea of who could be about to leave (Or maybe it's just HB playing mind games with the 1st team and letting some of them know that they're easily replaceable) :)

How you doing MG ?

Fantastic news that the owners accepted the previous managers resignation the way they did. Leadership of the highest quality. The recruitment process of the replacement was also something else wasn't it?!

However, they've done well! I know this is completely and utterly pointless but do try and get the message across that he should be left to get on with it. Stick to chickens, shelves, "PR" / directing operations (Ha ha ha), commentating, whatever - just let the manager get on with his job and give him a few quid (within reason) in January. We might do well.

Cheers

im sure most of the Portuguese players(apart from gomes) signed longish contracts(3 years) so there hardly going to walk away and i cant see another club offering to pay what they will be on here, so i think its best to just support them and hope they come good, Nunes already looks very promising and Rosado must be doing something right for Berg and Black to have him on the bench in recent games.

How you doing MG ?

Fantastic news that the owners accepted the previous managers resignation the way they did. Leadership of the highest quality. The recruitment process of the replacement was also something else wasn't it?!

However, they've done well! I know this is completely and utterly pointless but do try and get the message across that he should be left to get on with it. Stick to chickens, shelves, "PR" / directing operations (Ha ha ha), commentating, whatever - just let the manager get on with his job and give him a few quid (within reason) in January. We might do well.

Cheers

I think the most flattering way to describe SK's replacement process is that it was 'Detailed' LOL.

The family did ask recently what the fans reactions were to the new manager. They also asked what the main concerns were now that SK has gone (Though I know most of you won't believe that). The family were informed that the greatest concern at the moment is that HB will not have complete control over team selection/sales/purchases.

So yes. They know.

(And no - Shebby doesn't select the team. He gets along very well with the manager but making suggestions based on what he saw before HB arrived is as far as it goes.)

I read somewhere on here recently that the current squad stands at a total of 39.

Now Berg appears to be getting rid of the kean crap slowly (Orr). Who should be following him out the door next? Im thinking it might be worth getting rid of a few of the portuguese lads.

Hopefully we get rid of the following in the next 12 months.

* Myles Anderson (Goes without saying)

* Henrique (Who is he? Cant be that good!)

* Diego Rosado (Again, no world beater!)

* Mauro Formica (Not the type of player to establish himself in the premier league IF we go up)

* Paulo Jorge (?)

* Amine Linganzi (Done little)

* David Dunn (Not premier league quality and cant string more than 1 game together)

* Marcus Olsson (Not enough quality again)

* David Goodwillie (Done very little and again not good enough)

* Jordan Slew (No harm done if we get rid)

* Colin Kazim Richard (Big headed inflated ego - doesnt fit in)

* Edinho (Not pulling up any trees in this league)

* Nuno Gomez (Days must be numbered anyway)

We lose all those players and we struggle to get promoted.

Some talent in there and some who we can afford to get rid of, but you're trigger happy to the extreme.

I think the most flattering way to describe SK's replacement process is that it was 'Detailed' LOL.

The family did ask recently what the fans reactions were to the new manager. They also asked what the main concerns were now that SK has gone (Though I know most of you won't believe that). The family were informed that the greatest concern at the moment is that HB will not have complete control over team selection/sales/purchases.

So yes. They know.

(And no - Shebby doesn't select the team. He gets along very well with the manager but making suggestions based on what he saw before HB arrived is as far as it goes.)

Actually MG, the greatest concern, IMO, is that they listen to the likes of Agnew, who did more to keep the last manager in a job, at the expense of the fans reputation, and more importantly the Clubs top flight status, than reasonably expected / the norm. That and the fact they listen to the likes of Shaw and Singh.

Vested interests abound. Still.

One day they'll invest in the management at the very top and work down. If they tried to get the infrastructure back to what it was when they first took over everyone would be happy.

We all make mistakes, it's what people do to rectify mistakes that shows their real worth. At the moment your employers still seem "confused" and at very best uninterested (negligent isn't far off). I'm not sure what their end game is. Nor should I be, let's be honest they give me nothing, zilch, zip, sfa, to place any semblance of confidence in them.

You're right though, let Henning manage, fund him when you can, set parameters. Is that really beyond them?

So yes. They know.

Wow how nice of them to ask once in a while about their multi million pound investment. Did they think the season had ended after their couple of stage managed window dressing visit's to games ? Nice of them to turn up to a game to welcome their new manager ! Or are they boycotting till wee Stevie comes back :)

Edinho will never be a top class centre forward. He isn't fast or strong which means to lead the line he would need exceptional off the ball movement, intelligence and anticipation.

Formica is just a poorer alternative to Rochina and Vukcevic.

Kazim-Richards is a loose cannon and not what we need.

Totally agree good man!

So yes. They know.

How recent?

Berg has only been here 2 minutes, was it 20 seconds ago, 30 seconds, a minute or what,

Its about time they got of their collective arses and got down to Ewood on a regular basis

The only way i see MGP suriving at rovers is that if he is able to adapt his game and play a more role like murphy has now. Maybe if he can do this he can be a good option for murphy, but i dont think we will see him much if he is not able to adapt his game

Sorry Puffsan, that's never gonna happen. His successful pass rate never gets much above the low 50ish% mark.

Dann - a massive liabillity - he has cost us so many goals - gotta get rid in january, and hope we can get a replacement

I think Dann’s experience is going to be important to us for the rest of the season.

Here’s a bit of trivia:

On the Actim Index http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/ActimIndex/0,,10794,00.html

We have, at present, 3 players in the top 100.

Rhodes 6th (but only the 4th best striker!)

Dann 13th (but 3rd best defender)

And then you have to go all the way down to 90th to find Robinson (doesn’t make the top 5 keepers).

Maj are you having a laugh? You are saying get rid of Usai and the new Polish keeper and keep one back up inexperienced keeper is total suicide so far this season Robbo has been shakey at times if Robbo got injured relying on an 18 year old rookie is asking for trouble. You say get rid of Sando he hasn't even played yet to get rid before we have even seen him in the first team is suicide plus he is highly thought of in Poland and don't forget his frame is 6'4 he will be able to cover his goal quite well and the last I heard he was doing quite well in the reserves before his unfortunate injury.

You also state get rid of Henrique I hear he is playing well in the ressies he is a a 6ft + defender and possibly a good long term replacement for Dann as & when he leaves and getting rid of Marcus Olsson would be total madness his pace in this division is a vital component. I though do agree Edinho,Slew,Goodwillie, Linguini I thought his name was Linganzi & Kazim Richards should all go. To get rid of Rosado & Jorge would be madness both young players with potential apart from the mistake I thought Rosado did ok & Jorge has not yet played to write him off just like that is madness and if anything Usai & Sando should stay on and Kean should go on loan somewhere to get experience.

No laughing. We're wasting money where we don't need too. Kean is decent enough to be Robbo's No.2 and he's done OK so far out on loan. He's played League one now he needs a bigger challenge, championship when needed. No interest at all in an up and coming Portuguese CB when we have Ryan Edwards (doing very well at Rochdale) and Jack O'Connell, he's not needed and those two should be in front of him as they are english and decent and both 18! Marcus Olsson's only plus point is his pace he's rubbish and I'd rather play his brother there as he's always done well there and defending is not so much of an issue for him at LW. Our squad is massive and needs trimming, we won't shift the likes og Etuhu etc so someone has to go, ruthless but we are losing money hand over foot and I'd rather have serious dollar for the positions we do need to fill and should we go up.

@ Majibal

I don't think we are in a position to say players should be in front of other players because they are English. They may well have a higher signing on fee in the future, but there's no guarantee that those guys are going to make it big. We've had a decent number of English centre backs who flattered to deceive in the likes of Broomes and Tiny Taylor. Right now we need the best players we have at our disposal and I don't think anybody knows enough about these specific players to say exactly who should be in front of who. Leave such minute details to the manager.

Marcus Olsson has looked exceptionally dangerous at times. It's the kind of threat we need in this league. I wouldn't be starting him in the Prem but he can create havoc in this league.

I also wouldn't want to shift Etuhu. Does a decent job and the only real meat we have in midfield.

Sorry Puffsan, that's never gonna happen. His successful pass rate never gets much above the low 50ish% mark.

Agree with that.

The only role I can see him playing successfully is as an attacking central midfielder, perhaps the central attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1. He can still strike a ball very well and is composed in front of goal, plus he's always been reasonable in the air for a midfielder. He covers a lot of ground as well so wouldn't neglect defensive duties. He had a good few games in that role under Allardyce and scored a few goals...then Dunn returned and he never seemed to play the position again.

Having said all that, we do have Rochina, Gomes and Vukcevic who can play that position, and they probably do it better.

Agree with that.

The only role I can see him playing successfully is as an attacking central midfielder, perhaps the central attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1. He can still strike a ball very well and is composed in front of goal, plus he's always been reasonable in the air for a midfielder. He covers a lot of ground as well so wouldn't neglect defensive duties. He had a good few games in that role under Allardyce and scored a few goals...then Dunn returned and he never seemed to play the position again.

Having said all that, we do have Rochina, Gomes and Vukcevic who can play that position, and they probably do it better.

You're flogging the same old dead horse. "He's composed in front of goal" , I'm not so sure about that but he doesn't get into those positions often enough for me." He's reasonable in the air" , he's a tall guy with a good spring but how often are his headers well directed ? " He covers a lot of ground as well so wouldn't neglect defensive duties ", he covers the ground but to no real purpose. If just running alongside an opponent is defending he's fine. If, like me, you consider actually winning the ball off an opponent from time to time is defending, he's crap.

Hold your hand up matey, you're defending the indefensible.

For me, the obvious choices would be :

Sell or release: Linganzi, Myles Ardenson, Bruno Ribeiro

Loan: Sebastian Usai, Jake Kean, Paulo Jorge, Josh Morris, Edinho

Most players could be sold if a good offer was received.

Just stand to one side , you might get hurt in the stampede for their services.

Archived