BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who does Berg shift out next?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/trotters-v-rovers-496723.aspx

Anderson is back from his loan spell at Aldershot. Where to next I wonder for the 'new Chris Smalling'? Still it shouldn't be costing us anything as the rumour is that daddy is paying his wages to keep him as a pro footballer. Berg should see straight through this charade and get shut.

@ Majibal

I don't think we are in a position to say players should be in front of other players because they are English. They may well have a higher signing on fee in the future, but there's no guarantee that those guys are going to make it big. We've had a decent number of English centre backs who flattered to deceive in the likes of Broomes and Tiny Taylor. Right now we need the best players we have at our disposal and I don't think anybody knows enough about these specific players to say exactly who should be in front of who. Leave such minute details to the manager.

Marcus Olsson has looked exceptionally dangerous at times. It's the kind of threat we need in this league. I wouldn't be starting him in the Prem but he can create havoc in this league.

I also wouldn't want to shift Etuhu. Does a decent job and the only real meat we have in midfield.

For me CB isn't a big priority. Dann, Givet, Hanley are good enough to play this level with ease, they've been made to look poor at times for the last season or so as they were so exposed from midfield and full-back. Edwards has been doing very well at Rochdale and despite some naive mistakes is progressing, O'Connell is a cracking young player and needs to get his chance to help promote his further development. We had them in the summer and never really needed another one. All anyone can say about the other chap is he's 6 foot plus, it hardly means anything and I have seen loads of the other two. I also feel now Berg is here the two kids could really learn and grow and another in the way means they won't get as many chances to put into practice what they learn under Berg and Hendry.

In an ideal world I'd play Martin LW, with another taking his place a full-back, he has better technique than his brother. Marcus is alright at this level but Rhodes thrives on crosses and balls from out wide and Marcus will never deliver these consistently IMO. Nunes would be a better choice for me he can deliver a good cross on occasion. His pace is the only reason he's playing and that's just not my cup of tea at all.

Etuhu I'd keep for now (no-one will give him 4 years) but I'd still like another there who's truly physical and can play a bit. He'll do for this level but he'll flop back in the prem, again. Will defo need looking at should we go back up.

http://www.shotsweb.co.uk/mb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32221&sid=b546da507a7f5521902f42e7accbc6fe

Aldrshot fans obviously think very.. Ahem, highly of Myles.

20 minutes top class experience to add to his 1 minute cameo in Scotland. Daddy's little boy is clearly going places........up his own Kean hole.

Archived