BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Half Season Ticket On Sale Now

Kamy100

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have just looked at the prices and unbelievable !

These prices are a joke and, IMO, show the financial and commercial illiteracy of those at Ewood.

LT describes as an eleven match package,

If I had renewed my season tickets pre season, they would have cost £399 each equivalent to £17.34/match

The asking price for an eleven match package is £279, equivalent to £25.36/match (+46% v pre season).

Well they can feck off if that's what they call trying to win back supporters and I will pick and choose my matches dependent upon how things are going.

These prices are a joke and, IMO, show the financial and commercial illiteracy of those at Ewood.

If I had renewed my season tickets pre season, they would have cost £399 each equivalent to £17.34/match

The asking price for an eleven match package is £279, equivalent to £25.36/match (+46% v pre season).

Well they can feck off if that's what they call trying to win back supporters and I will pick and choose my matches dependent upon how things are going.

Not having looked as close as you have my friend but Kamy reckons £149 at the Blackburn end, Darwen end and riverside stand, are you looking at the posh seats in the JW stand. Anyhow got mine pre season hoping Coco would be gone, worked out well so far.

Look well priced to me, for 3/4 of the stands at least.

Rovers fans have rightfully had lots of things to compalin about in recent times but ticket prices sure ain't one of them. look at nearly any other team's prices and ours are a bargain. Its cheaper to watch rovers than Oxford United (league 2) for example!!

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/half-season-tickets-on-sale-now-486876.aspx

Adult tickets start from just £149 in the Riverside, Ronnie Clayton Blackburn End and Bryan Douglas Darwen End stands – the equivalent of less than £14 per game.

Not having looked as close as you have my friend but Kamy reckons £149 at the Blackburn end, Darwen end and riverside stand, are you looking at the posh seats in the JW stand. Anyhow got mine pre season hoping Coco would be gone, worked out well so far.

These are JW centre and certainly not posh !

Think Blackburn End was £229 pre season (equivalent to £9.96/match) and now £149 for 11 matches (equivalent to £13.54/match) - an increase of 36%.

Correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't the club be trying to capitalise on the appointment of a new manager and be encouraging as many supporters as possible to return to the fold.

This is hardly a bargain offer and is commercial lunacy IMO. No feckin wonder the club is in such a mess, again IMO.

Think Blackburn End was £229 pre season (equivalent to £9.96/match) and now £149 for 11 matches (equivalent to £13.54/match) - an increase of 36%.

Correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't the club be trying to capitalise on the appointment of a new manager and be encouraging as many supporters as possible to return to the fold.

This is hardly a bargain offer and is commercial lunacy IMO. No feckin wonder the club is in such a mess, again IMO.

Was the £229 not the early bird price? I don't know what they went up after the deadline though.

£259 so £11 pound a game. The half season ticket includes the Burnley, Leeds and Blackpool games. I'd be fairly annoyed if I'd commited to a season-ticket at the start of the season and those who hadn't were rewarded with the same benefits. Despite how poorly the club is run, the one thing we can't complain about is ticket prices. I know we aren't in the Premier League (prices would probably be the same regardless) but an Arsenal v Spurs ticket for the weekend is £92.50. Stop moaning.

What a lame excuse for the keyboard warrior's not to attend 13 pound a game priced themselves out of the market .get down to ewood ffs and support the rovers.

No lame excuse on my behalf.

Any organisation has got to get its market pricing correct, if they don't, they wont sell, as simple as that.

IMO, Rovers have botched the pricing of these mid season ticket deals with effective cost increases/match ranging from 36% to 46% and I doubt they will sell many.

I have said over recent days that if Berg had shown by the end of December that he was turning things around then I would have been off to Ewood Park to renew the tickets (plural) that I have had for many, many years.

For 11 matches, I would have been happy to pay up to £209/ticket (equiv. to £19/game), in comparison to the £279 being asked, which would have meant that those who renewed pre season would still have been financially advantaged over those buying now by almost £40 over the full season.

IMO, that would be sensible and defensible commercial pricing.

People need to ignore the earybird prices and use the full prices. That way their calculations will not look as sensational

I think 'early bird' ran right up to kick-off and I would think that 95%+ bought at those prices, so I think that 'early bird' pricing is the right comparator.

At the end of the day, fans will buy if they think there is good value there, just like consumers will do with any product. Just think of any favourite household consumable, if the price went up by 36% to 45% / unit inside 4 months, would you repeat buy ?

Rovers is enormously price sensitive and even with 3 for £20, possibly even lower in the second half of the season, there were still thousands of empty seats last season.

Yes. Rovers pricing is relatively competitive to other clubs but any organisation as to deal with its own market nuances and I think present Rovers' management appear to fail to understand this.

I thought you weren't returning until the football improved? Is this now going to overtake that as your reason not go?

Sorry to single you our Mercer but I'm getting tired of posts by people, effectively, encouraging others NOT to attend through constant hole picking. Aren't we all here because of the fact we SUPPORT Blackburn Rovers - or is the indignant stayaway fan now a new form of self-styled moralised supporter?

You used to be tarred with the monicker "Miseryman" and I though you had shaken it off. I'm pretty cynical at the best of times but your determination to kean all over the chances of a revival and the associated feelgood factor are starting to grate.

IIRC, you said you came back for the Wolves game and were underwhelmed, well I wish you'd have been at the Brum match. It honestly felt like we were getting our Rovers back.

I thought you weren't returning until the football improved? Is this now going to overtake that as your reason not go?

Sorry to single you our Mercer but I'm getting tired of posts by people, effectively, encouraging others NOT to attend through constant hole picking. Aren't we all here because of the fact we SUPPORT Blackburn Rovers - or is the indignant stayaway fan now a new form of self-styled moralised supporter?

You used to be tarred with the monicker "Miseryman" and I though you had shaken it off. I'm pretty cynical at the best of times but your determination to kean all over the chances of a revival and the associated feelgood factor are starting to grate.

IIRC, you said you came back for the Wolves game and were underwhelmed, well I wish you'd have been at the Brum match. It honestly felt like we were getting our Rovers back.

It's very simple - if Rovers offer an attractive product at a reasonable price, then I will be back.

I forked out for a handful of tickets v Wolves @ £29 each. It was dire, however, I kept my word and said I would return when Kean went. I have also said that subject to a good run of form which sees us in a challenging position come the end of December, then I would renew the season tickets that I relinquished at the end of last season, however, I am not willing to pay an increased cost per match unit of 45% versus the 'early bird' offer. I am prepared to pay a fair price and one that is defensible for those who renewed pre season. IMO, the mid season prices for season tickets where I sit are overpriced by £70/ticket. It's my money, my choice and I am simply not paying that.

I am not 'hole picking'. I am delighted that the atmosphere around the club with its supporters seems to be improving and, so far, I don't think Berg has done much wrong other than the nonsense about the lad overlooking Brockhall and releasing team details.

Where I'm concerned, Rovers are pushing at an open door but I will not be financially ripped-off. Perception is reality and the sooner the club understand that, then the better.

I think 'early bird' ran right up to kick-off and I would think that 95%+ bought at those prices, so I think that 'early bird' pricing is the right comparator.

At the end of the day, fans will buy if they think there is good value there, just like consumers will do with any product. Just think of any favourite household consumable, if the price went up by 36% to 45% / unit inside 4 months, would you repeat buy ?

Rovers is enormously price sensitive and even with 3 for £20, possibly even lower in the second half of the season, there were still thousands of empty seats last season.

Yes. Rovers pricing is relatively competitive to other clubs but any organisation as to deal with its own market nuances and I think present Rovers' management appear to fail to understand this.

I'm firmly in the 'season ticket overpriced' camp.

This isn't a usual season where the half season ticket is trounced out as per usual. This is about getting the fans back 'onside', each and anyway the club can. The price from last year, when we were in the prem was £139 (if I'm not mistaken), I'm assuming that there's a couple more games this season but, as the headline price that sticks in the mind is £225 (early bird or not) then to pay £76 less for half a season just doesn't make sense (and this is how people will think)

IMO, the club prices itself out of its core market in every aspect... from the exorbitant prices in the club shop to the £3.50 pints in the stadium.

You might not agree with Mercerman but he is the voice of a whole lot of stay-aways and, until the club recognises this, then the decline both in and outside of Ewood will continue.

So are you going to buy or not, depending of course if we are in the top 4 by crimbiles, oh and i work away a lot, for instance going to miss the Bolton and Burnley games, Croatia and South Africa respectively, and missed probably six home matches last season (not an issue last season), so by your reckoning my ticket per match would be pretty high, still i am a rovers fan, not to worry eh.

Go on you know you want to ---- buy plural.

It's very simple - if Rovers offer an attractive product at a reasonable price, then I will be back.

I forked out for a handful of tickets v Wolves @ £29 each. It was dire, however, I kept my word and said I would return when Kean went. I have also said that subject to a good run of form which sees us in a challenging position come the end of December, then I would renew the season tickets that I relinquished at the end of last season, however, I am not willing to pay an increased cost per match unit of 45% versus the 'early bird' offer. I am prepared to pay a fair price and one that is defensible for those who renewed pre season. IMO, the mid season prices for season tickets where I sit are overpriced by £70/ticket. It's my money, my choice and I am simply not paying that.

I am not 'hole picking'. I am delighted that the atmosphere around the club with its supporters seems to be improving and, so far, I don't think Berg has done much wrong other than the nonsense about the lad overlooking Brockhall and releasing team details.

Where I am concerned, Rovers are pushing at an open door but I will not be financially ripped-off. Perception is reality and the sooner the club understand that, then the better.

Try doing a comparison with other ticket prices in the same division to see if they are competitive, I would suggest that is the most logical way to do it

Try doing a comparison with other ticket prices in the same division to see if they are competitive, I would suggest that is the most logical way to do it

Sorry but I think you are missing the point.

I am not interested in what other club's charge as I am not interested in buying their product.

If Asda increased all their unit pricing by 35% to 45% inside 4 months, their stores would have no customers.

It's pretty simple to me.

Sorry but I think you are missing the point.

I am not interested in what other club's charge as I am not interested in buying their product.

If Asda increased all their unit pricing by 35% to 45% inside 4 months, their stores would have no customers.

It's pretty simple to me.

How much did you pay last season?

How much are you being asked to pay this season?

Mercerman does have a point. Using "early bird" as a description is misleading, because those prices were available to everyone throughout the summer. You would then surely expect the same price rate on offer for the half season tickets, wouldn't you? I would.

Exactly Yoda.

I boycotted early season under Kean and then, as soon as he went, bough a ticket at full price despite 4 games already gone.

At the prices we charge per match it was never about cost - just the pillock in the dugout. To expect to get a half season ticket for the same match day cos as those that bought before the first day of the season is a bit daft. It's hardly surprising - just as next years cost rise won't be if we fail to go up.

Mercerman does have a point. Using "early bird" as a description is misleading, because those prices were available to everyone throughout the summer. You would then surely expect the same price rate on offer for the half season tickets, wouldn't you? I would.

He didn't take the offer up though, so why moan now??

No cos the pre-season people are paying for 23 games in advance. The half season ticket people are paying for less games thus less money in advance. If it wasn't proportional then the match day price should be the same as the early bird price.

Archived